Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 56

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 10 - Game Over  (Read 73525 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 10 - Blood on the Snows
« Reply #90 on: September 25, 2009, 08:14:04 pm »

So if forsaken flips town then does that mean that toony is scum? Because if forsaken flips scum then we are going to have a hard time bringing toony down from cloud nine...

Now we could spend a DoT on forsaken to see where he flips and that would give us the go ahead on removing him or Toony.

Unvote. Oh Muchenik, this statement is really scummy. You're trying to get us into one of those "It's him or me" mindframes, which would be very bad if they both are town. Also, if there is a DoT, the DoT should investigate whoever he or she wants.

Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 25, 2009, 08:14:28 pm »

One of these is now impossible: Scientist
One of these is not likely: Survivor (I think?)

Survivor requires Doppelgangers to be in the game. Scientist can show up with either Cult or Doppelgangers. (With cult he needs to grab Cultist, normal Human, and Alien). Obviously, Cult Hunters require Cultists and Dopp Hunters require Doppelgangers.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 25, 2009, 08:17:59 pm »

Survivor requires Doppelgangers to be in the game. Scientist can show up with either Cult or Doppelgangers. (With cult he needs to grab Cultist, normal Human, and Alien). Obviously, Cult Hunters require Cultists and Dopp Hunters require Doppelgangers.
...That's contrary to the role list, but okay. I'd've put Cultists and Humans at least in the same species...

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 25, 2009, 08:37:18 pm »

Unvote My nuke got deactivated :(

A question for you Diakron: Who has been being the most helpful for the town thus far and why? (the why is the important part)

Probably Webadict; he has come up with quite a few good point and is still crunching out more everytime he post. In the past game with him he shows that he doesn't do anything without a reason so i'm sitting here scratching my head trying to figure out where he is going with all this.

I find that forsaken1111 is actively going against the town in this game. ANY ANSWER IS BETTER THEN NONE! asking questions and answering them is how this works forsaken, no human interaction other then posting so no visual clues. THAT'S JUST THE GAME!!! you have to do something other then be a lump on the log, it also makes playing SO much better, trust me.

Meph, if you where a chicken about to cross the road, what is the name of the four scum across the road and why would you think that?

Fake-Edit: Any one mad about my spelling can go jump off a bridge i'm tired of Spellchecking all my post...
Back to Mafia with me!

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 25, 2009, 08:43:55 pm »

Meph, if you where a chicken about to cross the road, what is the name of the four scum across the road and why would you think that?

Are you seriously asking the mod who the scum are?
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 25, 2009, 08:49:30 pm »

Are you seriously asking the mod who the scum are?

Yes, I think he is.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 25, 2009, 08:51:50 pm »

why not? it got responses rather quickly :)
Back to Mafia with me!

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 25, 2009, 08:55:57 pm »

to tell the truth i added in Meph's name to a RNG without thinking guess Janus should be the target then so...

Janus, if you where a chicken about to cross the road, what is the name of the four scum across the road and why would you think that?
Back to Mafia with me!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 25, 2009, 08:58:00 pm »

Because:

A: it has no benefit whatsoever
B: the responses had no benefit whatsoever

Diakron, If you had a nuclear warhead, what city would you use it on and why?
More importantly, If you were Exterminator, who would you want as your operative and why?

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 25, 2009, 08:58:21 pm »

Unvote, my nuke got deactivated. :(

A question for you Diakron: Who has been being the most helpful for the town thus far and why? (the why is the important part)

Probably Webadict; he has come up with quite a few good points and is still crunching out more every time he posts. In the past games with him he has shown that he doesn't do anything without a reason so I'm sitting here scratching my head trying to figure out where he is going with all this.

I find that forsaken1111 is actively going against the town in this game. ANY ANSWER IS BETTER THEN NONE! Asking questions and answering them is how this works forsaken, there is no human interaction other then posting so we have no visual clues. THAT'S JUST THE GAME!!! You have to do something other then being a lump on a log. It also makes playing much better, trust me.

Meph, if you were a chicken about to cross the road, what would be the names of the four scum across the road and why do you think that?

Fake-Edit: Anyone mad about my spelling can go jump off a bridge I'm tired of spellchecking all of my posts...

I had to. It's not that hard.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 25, 2009, 09:04:26 pm »

Because:

A: it has no benefit whatsoever
B: the responses had no benefit whatsoever

Diakron, If you had a nuclear warhead, what city would you use it on and why?
More importantly, If you were Exterminator, who would you want as your operative and why?

well if i new what it was i could answer you quite easily, as it is i have no idea this is my first paranormal mafia.
Back to Mafia with me!

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 25, 2009, 09:25:46 pm »

Didn't you bother to read the second post? It has all of the possible roles.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 25, 2009, 09:42:13 pm »

... it makes no sense to me :(
Back to Mafia with me!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 26, 2009, 02:41:36 am »

There are... what 7 Alien types?
Survivor
Exterminator
Hunter
Seeker
Operative
Scientist
Watcher

Well, there can't be a survivor, as established by meph.  Out of the others:

Exterminator - Very anti town, obviously needs to be treated as scum
Hunter - Pro-town, could take out a cultist
Seeker - Not particularly bad, unless he starts randomly killing people to find his agent
Operative - Very anti town, again needs to be treated as scum
Scientist - Pretty neutral, it depends on what PRs he abducts, I guess
Watcher - Technically as anti town as the Exterminator, but there's not much he can do about it

Anyway, enough role discussion.

Quote from: muchenik
So if forsaken flips town then does that mean that toony is scum? Because if forsaken flips scum then we are going to have a hard time bringing toony down from cloud nine...
It doesn't work that way.  If forsaken flips town, Toony could be scum trying to get someone lynched or a towny who's made a mistake (being town doesn't guarentee correctness).  I'll have to FoS you for this, since it seems rather a lot like something scum would say to make sure that 2 townies are killed and 2 lynches wasted, although it could also be a newbie move.  FoS muchenik.

I find that forsaken1111 is actively going against the town in this game. ANY ANSWER IS BETTER THEN NONE! asking questions and answering them is how this works forsaken, no human interaction other then posting so no visual clues. THAT'S JUST THE GAME!!! you have to do something other then be a lump on the log, it also makes playing SO much better, trust me.
It's true, but some of the questions he's been asked are pretty worthless.  While he does seem to be scum or very over defensive town, it would help if we didn't give him totally useless questions.  Similarly, RedWarrior, your statement is pretty irrelevant too, although I suppose it shows that Diakron doesn't have too much knowledge of the game.  Diakron, as a hint, the Alien Exterminator is like a mafia member who is on his own, and needs to kill everyone except himself to win.  He can get an "operative" too, who has special abilities to help him win.  Since he's trying to kill everyone, he can be treated in the same way as all other scum.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 26, 2009, 05:02:48 am »

Webadict, what reasons did you have for deciding that the SCientist and Survivor were unlikely?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 56