Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 56

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 10 - Game Over  (Read 73485 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 10 - Blood on the Snows
« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2009, 05:21:08 pm »

The Whiteboard
Diakron: Muchenik
Frelock: Mr.Person
Jim Groovester: RedWarrior0
Kashyyk: Frelock
Leafsnail: JanusTwoface
Mr.Person: Humaan
Muchenik: forsaken1111
NUKE9.13: Diakron, chaoticjosh
RedWarrior0: Jim Groovester, eduren
eduren: webadict
forsaken1111: ToonyMan
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 25, 2009, 05:23:44 pm »

What do you mean, webadict - that someone who hasn't been scum before is more likely to be jumpy when random voted as scum?

Some people use random.org, some people pick randomly, some people choose specific people to random vote, Webadict uses Gambler's Fallacy to randomly vote people.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 25, 2009, 05:36:41 pm »

Jim, I did answer the questions. I don't need to defend myself, I explained my actions already. It wasn't being questioned that I minded, but the sudden appearance of three questions directed only at me for no apparent reason. Regardless, they have been answered.

So, one question is okay, two maybe less so, but three you get indignant and start refusing to answer them? What's up with that?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #78 on: September 25, 2009, 05:52:28 pm »

Jim, what do you want from me?

There is no rule saying I must answer all questions put to me. I felt I was being ganged up on, as three people were suddenly questioning me for no particular reason. If you want to draw suspicion out of thin air, you're going to do it no matter what I say.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2009, 06:03:49 pm »

Things aren't looking good for you, pal.  Everyone thinks you're scum totally.

SCUM SCUM SCUM.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 25, 2009, 06:07:22 pm »

What do I want from you? Well, it depends.

If you're town, I want you to say that you should have answered the questions promptly, that you should have avoided being indignant about it, that you made a mistake. Then, I would back off and look elsewhere, satisfied that you were town.

If you're scum, I want you to do exactly what you're doing: being evasive, being antagonistic, accusing others of inventing suspicion out of nowhere, of ganging up on you. It will make voting for you all that much easier.

But you see, I don't know if you're scum or not. I'm feeling like right now that voting for you would be a waste, because I'm thinking you would turn up town. But you're not making this decision easy, because you're not being very helpful about it.

Unlike the crazy person above me, I'm trying to determine your innocence or your guilt, not just your guilt. So do me a favor and give me a reason to not vote for you, because, right now, you've given me plenty of reason to cast my vote for you.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 25, 2009, 06:12:01 pm »

While I feel that forsaken is reacting generally very unhelpfully, I can't help but feel some people are lurking in the shadows and just hoping that this attack on forsaken will distract us from them.  So, with that in mind, Humaan, what do you think of forsaken?  Is he an over defensive towny or a panicky member of a scumteam?

The main reason I'm doing this is because it often seems to be the case that one person is mercilessly attacked while the other scum, or the real scum if the person being attacked is town, get a free ride.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 25, 2009, 06:24:13 pm »

What do you mean, webadict - that someone who hasn't been scum before is more likely to be jumpy when random voted as scum?

Some people use random.org, some people pick randomly, some people choose specific people to random vote, Webadict uses Gambler's Fallacy to randomly vote people.
Precisely.

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 25, 2009, 06:33:43 pm »

First of all... Unvote

While I feel that forsaken is reacting generally very unhelpfully, I can't help but feel some people are lurking in the shadows and just hoping that this attack on forsaken will distract us from them.  So, with that in mind, Humaan, what do you think of forsaken?  Is he an over defensive towny or a panicky member of a scumteam?

The main reason I'm doing this is because it often seems to be the case that one person is mercilessly attacked while the other scum, or the real scum if the person being attacked is town, get a free ride.

Personally, I'm not sure what to think about forsaken. It is VERY suspicious that he isn't answering questions... Personally, I'm not willing to bet on him just yet.

That being said, I still think we should lynch today, just to lower the Watcher Aliens's chance of victory. I guess that forsaken is our best bet.
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 25, 2009, 06:43:30 pm »

That being said, I still think we should lynch today, just to lower the Watcher Aliens's chance of victory. I guess that forsaken is our best bet.
Wait, what?  You're prepared to lynch someone, even if you think they're town, just to stop a potential role with an almost impossible task from winning?  Remember that the cult definately do exist, and they're far more likely to beat us if we don't act carefully than the Watcher Alien is.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 25, 2009, 06:55:35 pm »

Unvote Humaan.
RedWarrior0, you've been quiet. What's your opinion on this ToonyMan and forsaken1111 scuffle?
I think Toony being Toony is remarkably successful at hitting scum day 1. Said at the end of Beginners 2, answer questions posed to you, regardless of silliness/possible randomness/number. His reaction reminded me of cj last round: he got indignant over some harmless probing. He got mad over requests to get information. So, I unvote and pose this question:

Forsaken, if you were an alien, which would you be, what would you choose as tech,  who would be your first target, and why?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #86 on: September 25, 2009, 07:50:11 pm »

Don't have much time, so I'm sorry if I'm a little less structured than normal.

Quote from: Leafsnail link=topic=42373.msg780661#msg780661 date=
Wait, what?  You're prepared to lynch someone, even if you think they're town, just to stop a potential role with an almost impossible task from winning?  Remember that the cult definately do exist, and they're far more likely to beat us if we don't act carefully than the Watcher Alien is.

One thing I think has gotten lost in the shuffle: There is absolutely no guarantee that there is even a Watcher in the game! While it's entirely possible, we really should be looking for more suspicious things right now. Also, lynching someone you think is town is something I alwats have and always will frown upon.

Also, if forsaken does turn out to be scum, Toony is going to need some head deflation. ;D

That being said, I agree with what's been said about forsaken. He has been overreacting rather overmuch. From past experience, unless you are good at manipulating people, you really want to lie low as scum.

Since Leafsnail is being being relatively helpful thus far, I'm going to unvote. I don't have anyone else to vote at the moment.

A question for you Diakron: Who has been being the most helpful for the town thus far and why? (the why is the important part)
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 25, 2009, 07:54:29 pm »

Of course, the suggeston that there isn't a watcher could be a watcher tell. Oh, the WIFOM.

And yes, Toony will need some deflation if forsaken flips scum.
Also yes: the  why is always the important part

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 25, 2009, 08:03:50 pm »

From past experience, unless you are good at manipulating people, you really want to lie low as scum.
Well, who is lying low?

Of course, the suggeston that there isn't a watcher could be a watcher tell. Oh, the WIFOM.

And yes, Toony will need some deflation if forsaken flips scum.
Also yes: the  why is always the important part
I'll do some math:

There are... what 7 Alien types?
Survivor
Exterminator
Hunter
Seeker
Operative
Scientist
Watcher

One of these is now impossible: Scientist
One of these is not likely: Survivor (I think?)

So, that's leaves five left. On average, there are about 3 Aliens per game. Therefore, we can assume that there is 3 of those remaining 5.

Not that it matters, because you'll know if there's a Watcher tomorrow when a Stun Bomb goes off and no one actions.

muchenik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 25, 2009, 08:04:34 pm »

So if forsaken flips town then does that mean that toony is scum? Because if forsaken flips scum then we are going to have a hard time bringing toony down from cloud nine...

Now we could spend a DoT on forsaken to see where he flips and that would give us the go ahead on removing him or Toony.
Close This Door
txeN ehT nepO
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 56