Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 56

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 10 - Game Over  (Read 73384 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 10 - Day 4
« Reply #780 on: October 17, 2009, 03:57:12 pm »

Yeah, I'm voting Mr Person as the best (IMHO) of a bunch of bad options. I'd really like to hear from our CT.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: October 17, 2009, 06:12:03 pm »

I want to reserve judgment for Mr.Person until Humaan speaks.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: October 17, 2009, 10:42:00 pm »

Well, I've read through the entire thread twice or so. I'm not really sure what to say — there's a lot of information there, and processing it is quite difficult, especially all at once.

I've focused mostly on the last few pages, so I at least know the situation now. There's no harm in waiting around for our CT and it's certainly better than jumping to conclusions. We don't have much of a margin for error here with our lynches. Mr.Person doesn't strike me as a particularly good choice, but he's the only one we really have anything to go off of right now.

Also, I wouldn't put it past web to frame Mr.Person, but maybe that's just me.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: October 17, 2009, 11:30:00 pm »

@Jim: My guess is that one of the Scum is either a detective or DoT. They investigated Mr.Person and saw that  he was an important town role of some sort. So they protected him to give them a little leeway in case they died somehow.

See what I'm getting at?
Anyway, I can see myself that this is far-fetched but I still don't think we have conclusive evidence that Mr.Person is Scum.

How did you not notice Webadict was a DoT? Seriously?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: October 19, 2009, 10:22:57 am »

The Whiteboard
Mr.Person: Jim Groovester, forsaken1111

Day ends in 2 hours unless I get 3 votes for a day extension
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: October 19, 2009, 12:41:58 pm »

You're all tired. Tired from lack of sleep, tired from stress. And, well, maybe there is some leftover effect from that weird alien device a few days ago. Regardless, you decide to just take out Mr.Person and be done with it. He's not to happy about it, but can't seem to convince anyone else to do anything.

Forsaken1111 picks up the rifle and quickly fires a shot into Mr.Person's head. He falls to the ground, and silently wrap the body up in plastic bags and dump it in the freezer.

Checking out his room, you find a hunting rifle with lots of ammo and furniture set up as a barricade. Looks like he was setting things up so he could defend himself if we was attacked. Checking through his stuff it looks like he was a War Vet here for some R&R after being discharged from duty. Shame, he could have been a useful asset against the cultists.

You stumble back to your rooms and prepare for another long, stressful night.

Ok, Day 4 is over. Night roles, send me your actions!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 10 - Day 5
« Reply #786 on: October 21, 2009, 12:28:28 pm »

Only five of you left this morning. Frelock, Humaan, Kashyyk, Pandarsenic, and forsaken1111. Apostolic Nihilist, Jim Groovester, and RedWarrior0 are all gone. You think you know what happened, but you go check to make sure.

Apostolic Nihilist's room is empty, with his chair knocked over. But no others signs of what happened.

Jim Groovester is simply gone. However, you do find a security guard's coat and a pistol sitting on the bed, as well as a laptop that has his blog on it. Looks like he prided himself on being an Observant Guard here at the resort.

RedWarrior0's room, however, has been carefully packed up. You find a helpful note scrawled on the wall of the room.

Thanks for your help, and good luck stopping the cultists! I'm off to go do some research, but here is what I found out so far:
      Apostolic Nihilist is a Cult Leader. He had a nifty tomb of dark magic with him!
      ToonyMan was just a normal, boring old human townsperson. But I needed a control group.
      Leafsnail was the Watcher. Interesting group, the Watchers. I'm hoping he'll work with me for a book deal or something.
  Anyway, good luck!

Huh. Well, you head back to the lodge. Still two cultists left, which means you must choose wisely today. Otherwise you're all going to get sacrificed to an unspeakable horror!

Ok, Day 5 is up and will go until ~10am Pacific Friday or until all the votes are in and it seems like they won't change.
Come play Mafia with us!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 10 - Day 5 is starting to feel lonely
« Reply #787 on: October 21, 2009, 12:38:07 pm »

Whoa, whoa, whoa.

Whoa.

Toony was human? This changes... a lot. Re-read-y time after classes. ._.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #788 on: October 21, 2009, 01:10:47 pm »

This has been the strangest game I've played yet. I have to think about this a bit.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: October 21, 2009, 01:28:31 pm »

Yeah, I can't believe you guys thought I was scum.  :V  Must have been the whole RedWarrior saying I was so he can find the real last scum thing.

Good part on him.  He grabbed the most harmless Town side person.

Me.  A normal freakin' townie.  Oh well.  GO TEAM TOWN!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: October 21, 2009, 01:55:17 pm »

Oh well, I've lost.  On the other hand, it sounds like me, RedWarrior, Toony and Apost could make one hell of a sitcom together.  Hmm...

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: October 21, 2009, 02:00:07 pm »

Interesting...

Well, I'm going to be away from Friday for a week, so I'm gonna need a replacement.

Anyway, should we do a MC, or not?

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: October 22, 2009, 01:28:33 am »

Well, theoretically, we shouldn't need to, as we have a confirmed townie still alive.  However, he hasn't shown his face for a while.

Meph, could we get a prod of Humaan?
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: October 23, 2009, 05:05:00 pm »

Are we just going to let things go to night?  Are we just going to let the cult win?

Vote Kashyyk.  Actually, now that I think about it, I'm positive the scum is you and Pandarsenic.  Why didn't I see it before.  Forsaken can't be cult; he's a goth and goth is a town-only role.  He can't be lying because redwarrior had intel.  Humaan can't be cult, he's our CT.  Therefore, the cult must be you and Panda.

Humaan, Forsaken, I need you.  Now.  We can win this.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #794 on: October 23, 2009, 05:29:24 pm »

If our CT isn't even going to show, this game is already lost.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 56