Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 56

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 10 - Game Over  (Read 73388 times)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 10 - Day 4
« Reply #765 on: October 15, 2009, 05:07:55 pm »

@Jim: Yeah, I capped Toony. He was cult, meaning that town only has to lynch two scum, not three. Meph probably wrote that from the town view. Also, it means there is another CT out there (and I'll grab him tonight), caused by collaboration of the MC to Humaan and my Intel. Web was confirmed scum when Janus contacted me, I told him the Intel, and his role didn't show up (he claimed Vig)

@web, wherever Janus took you: Haha. You expected ME to abduct you, not Janus. I told you that you'd get abducted, not that it would be by me.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: October 15, 2009, 05:25:04 pm »

Huh, I was right about ToonyMan. He was scum. That's good news for the town, then.

I've gotta say, that's pretty damn excellent work on yours, Humaan's, and Janus' part.

He was probably trying to make everybody who was voting me at the time seem bad, so he could lynch them. That would be my best guess, but remember, Webadict is a sneaky guy who will do things you'd never think of. He might of been pretending to have used his DoT power on me and just hadn't of claimed it, I'm not sure.

That seems like an unlikely explanation. If he was trying to get the people who voted for you lynched, you would have to end up dead, as town, because that's the only way anybody who voted for you would look scummy enough to be lynched.

And I don't really buy that webadict's sneakiness is so great as to completely disguise the motives of defending you. Simplest explanation is that you're his scum partner and he was trying to diffuse suspicion away from as best he could without attracting suspicion to himself in the process.

Oh, and Mr. Person. Now that we know that ToonyMan is scum, what about this quote of his:

Just to throw it out there.  Mr.Person is town and Jim is scum.

That's another scum defending you.

The evidence is just piling and piling up against you.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #767 on: October 15, 2009, 07:16:28 pm »

Considering the night actions and the evidence Jim pointed out, I am confident enough to also vote against Mr. Person. Web defending you was suspicious enough, but I had forgotten about Toony's comment there.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: October 16, 2009, 03:48:05 am »

You know, I can't get rid of the feeling that this is an elaborate plot to frame Mr.Person. Anyone want to stop this feeling?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: October 16, 2009, 11:39:42 am »

You know, I can't get rid of the feeling that this is an elaborate plot to frame Mr.Person. Anyone want to stop this feeling?

Well I'm not.

We should go back and look through all of ToonyMan's and Webadict's posts and look at what they've said and done. I'll do it later, if you guys haven't/ I don't agree with what you guys have come up with.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: October 16, 2009, 01:32:59 pm »

The Whiteboard
Mr.Person: Jim Groovester, forsaken1111
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: October 16, 2009, 08:50:13 pm »

I can help you with that.

I don't see the evidence behind an elaborate plot against him. That is to say, I don't see how scum webadict and scum ToonyMan would selectively choose their comments just to incriminate an innocent Mr. Person in the event that they both flipped scum for whatever reason.

That strikes me as a little absurd, and a lot of effort just to frame one person.

Do you have a better hypothetical elaborate plan that would clear Mr. Person? I honestly can't think of anything that possibly could.

MOD: The player list on the first page needs updating, to reflect the events of the night.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: October 16, 2009, 09:24:46 pm »

How about this: why don't we just let the scientist grab me? Better than letting him grab a confirmed townie, that's for sure. If I'm scum, you know who to lynch tomorrow, so there's nothing for me to gain in that regard. I mean, even in a best case scenario, I would kill the scientist and free ToonyMan... which is great, except for the minor detail that you'd all then lynch me and ToonyMan over the next 2 days while using the night to get more inspections and information.

So, what do you guys say? There's no risk here, not that I can see.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: October 16, 2009, 09:52:48 pm »

Here's the problem with that plan:

If RedWarrior0 grabs you, and you're scum, you're returned to the game. And he'll probably get killed in the night, because he didn't make it away with a townie in time and you will probably target him.

So there are two scum back in the game, and we wasted a day in not lynching you, and now we're forced to use two more days lynching you and ToonyMan.

That's three days lost from regular scum hunting by not lynching you. Three days for your scum partner to kill three more townies, and that puts us closer to lynch or lose for the town or a Watcher victory.

It's a terrific scum ploy to delay the game. However, it would better for the town to lynch you right now, see if you're town or scum, and live with the mistake than go along with your plan.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: October 16, 2009, 10:23:36 pm »

MOD: The player list on the first page needs updating, to reflect the events of the night.

Thanks for the reminder. It's updated now.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: October 16, 2009, 10:53:27 pm »

and live with the mistake

That's a strange way to word that phrase, wouldn't you say? It's like you already know what's going to happen and you're preparing for it in advance.

In any case, if I get abducted and turn out to be scum, and I go through and kill the scientist, that trades the Scientist and 2 townies (night killed) for a scum, which is a good trade for the town, as far as I'm concerned. Then again, that would be over a lynch, so I guess even that crappy trade is better than nothing, in the scum's eyes. Of course, this is all barring protection and other kills, although there are no vigilantes or exterminator, so there probably won't be any other kills.

The downside to this plan is, of course, that we have no way of forcing the scientist to grab me over, say, Humaan, (or whoever he's going to grab tonight otherwise) which is what I'd do if I was him, because, you know, just in case. So yeah, I guess we aren't doing that. Well, if our buddy, the scientist agrees, there we go, but there's no way in hell he would. I could claim my role to him, but that doesn't help since, you know, I could be scum with that role. So yeah, we aren't doing that.

On a different note, yes, I've been lurking, trying not to attract attention, you see, but I guess that plan fell flat. Ooops! Well, it worked great, until now. And yes, it WAS anti-town to not really be scum-hunting, before anybody says it. No, I've got nothing to add right now, since pretty much all you guys have on me is "Webadict and ToonyMan both thought I was town!", which isn't something I have a rational defense for.

On that note, there's been lots of crap Webadict and ToonyMan have said about me being town, but they've said a lot of things. We should ALL go back and reread EVERYTHING they've said during the game and not just focus on "other people". Read what they've said about everyone, including yourself. Think about what they've said carefully.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: October 17, 2009, 01:32:24 am »

Alright, first I thought it was a good idea, then I thought it was a bad idea, so I went through an analyzed what would happen if you were scum, have the role I think you have, and we went through with your plan.  I've assumed that a townie dies each night to the scum.

Here's how we stand now:
5 townies
1 scientist
2 scum

If we go with your plan, and you turn out to be scum, here's the possible scenarios
Case 1: We lynch a townie today
So tomorrow,
Day 5:
3 townies
1 watcher
3 scum
Watcher will work with the town, as he wants to extend the game, so assuming we lynch a scum (you), and a townie dies in the night,
Day 6:
2/3 townies
1/0 watcher
2 scum
Watcher(if alive) will again work with the town, if he's alive, so let's be optimistic and say we lynch a scum.  Another townie dies.
Day 7:
1/2 townies
1/0 watcher
1 scum
Lylo with 3 people left.  If the watcher is alive, then we'll assume a NL, and the scum wins.  If not, town knows who the scum is (hopefully) and wins.

Case 2:We lynch the last unknown scum today
Day 5:
4 townies
1 watcher
2 scum
The 2 scum would be you and toony, known scum.  Therefore, we could consistently lynch you on day 5/6, even with watcher interference.

So, if you are scum, your plan would only be in favor of you if we lynched town today and on day 7.
I'll do an analysis of if you're town later.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: October 17, 2009, 01:59:27 am »

Again, it only matters if the scientist agrees, which he won't. He has no reason to. I could try and convince him, but why? If all he needs is a regular townie, he's got no reason not to take Humaan (or, again, whoever).

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: October 17, 2009, 03:20:32 pm »

Alright, as I said, I'll continue, this time under the assumption that you are a townie.

Case 1 We lynch a townie today.  You are sucessfully abducted during the night, and the scientist leaves.
Day 5:
4 townies
2 scum
It's lylo, with an even number, so a NL would probably be the best decision there, unless an investigative role gets something.
Day 6:
3 townies
2 scum
Then town just has to work its way down to zero scum with correct lynches on days 6 and 7.

Case 2: We hit scum today, you're abducted
Day 5:
4 townies
1 scum.
The town gets 1 bad lynch worth of breathing room, and we hit scum on day 5/6.

So basically, it's good for the town if you're abducted.  Of corse, this goes for all townies, save our confirmed townie (as we need him to coordinate night actions).

I'm curious on Humaan's view of all this.  Any word on who is scum?
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: October 17, 2009, 03:55:00 pm »

@Jim: My guess is that one of the Scum is either a detective or DoT. They investigated Mr.Person and saw that  he was an important town role of some sort. So they protected him to give them a little leeway in case they died somehow.

See what I'm getting at?
Anyway, I can see myself that this is far-fetched but I still don't think we have conclusive evidence that Mr.Person is Scum.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 56