Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 56

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 10 - Game Over  (Read 73571 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 10 - Day 2 needs coffee
« Reply #585 on: October 04, 2009, 06:33:12 pm »

Is the only defense of your actions to call me an idiot? Well, sheesh. Excuse me for having questions about your behavior.

Your votes looked opportunistic. They happened within a short time of each other, and both were in response to suspicious behavior. It's like you were looking for an easy lynch to get behind. Leafsnail was acting legitimately suspicious. But Diakron looks scummy no matter what he does, so did you forget this about him when you voted for him, or were you counting on it?

What took you so long to answer my questions? I didn't hide them. Were you dodging them, or what?

You called me out because I was nearby. What's that supposed to mean?

They look opportunistic because I posted them soon after they were posted. Is that a crime now? Wait a minute, you say the behavior is suspicious, yet you're questioning me about questioning their suspicious behavior? Am I the only one who seems a problem with this? What exactly are you accusing me of, possibly being scum?

Looking scummy all the time is not a valid defense. If you do scummy behavior, you're going to get lynched for it. Either change your behavior, find somebody who's a better lynch, or convince the town your behavior wasn't all that suspicious. Better yet, do all 3 at the same time.

When you first asked the questions, I honestly thought you weren't serious. After all, you said the thing you just did was scummy, so I was fairly sure you were joking.

I called you out because I saw your post first.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: October 04, 2009, 08:00:37 pm »

Attacking people in response to suspicious behav-

Are you fucking serious!? You're calling that scummy!?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #587 on: October 04, 2009, 08:13:00 pm »

Sorry, RL is interesting at times.  In any case, I'm back for now.

Short Version
- Hope you get better Diakron, also hope you're not scum.
- A scummy chaoticjosh is unlikely to be so obvious as last time around.
- Humaan should look harder at both VT claims (I think Leafsnail had one?)
- Don't worry too much about staged fights.
- Why did Leafsnail vote to tie so close to the deadline? (nm Watcher makes sense)

Spoiler: Long version (click to show/hide)

Humaan, I have a couple questions/suggestions for you:
- Is there at least 1 Medium in the game?  If there's not, we have to have some sort of contingency plan.
- You/we should figure out some way of coordinating investigative roles to maximize our information gathering.

Please feel free to ignore me if you think I'm wrong... You know far more about the situation than I do.

Kashyyk and eduren: Humaan called you out as potentially being scummy.  Why do you think that is and do you have any evidence to the contrary?

Not game related: Thanks chaoticjosh, you are scary observant at times.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: October 04, 2009, 08:39:06 pm »

Kashyyk and eduren: Humaan called you out as potentially being scummy.  Why do you think that is and do you have any evidence to the contrary?
I think that may be because my role is ambiguous and because I haven't been contributing much.

I agree that the Watcher should be left alone for now.

What exactly are you accusing me of, possibly being scum?
Hey guys, somebody is accusing another of being scum! What has our dear game come to?
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: October 04, 2009, 08:46:17 pm »

Not game related: Thanks chaoticjosh, you are scary observant at times.

You're welcome? I'm not quite sure what you're talking about here.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: October 04, 2009, 09:55:41 pm »

They look opportunistic because I posted them soon after they were posted. Is that a crime now? Wait a minute, you say the behavior is suspicious, yet you're questioning me about questioning their suspicious behavior? Am I the only one who seems a problem with this? What exactly are you accusing me of, possibly being scum?

Don't act so surprised. People might interpret it as an overreaction.

When you first asked the questions, I honestly thought you weren't serious. After all, you said the thing you just did was scummy, so I was fairly sure you were joking.

What, so you decided not to answer them? You didn't even give me a snide remark about how idiotic they were? No dismissive rebuttal at all? You didn't even bother clarifying with me whether I was joking or not?

Right. So Mr. Person, high and mighty on his throne of inscrutable townsship, completely ignored a query directed at him, because such a query he considered laughable, a joke, a jest.

Whether I was wrong before to suspect you, I am now wrong no longer. You knowingly ignored a question posed to you, and that's suspicious enough on its own.

Thanks, Mr. Person, for letting me know that you're scum.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: October 04, 2009, 10:13:38 pm »

The Whiteboard
Diakron: forsaken1111
Leafsnail: Leafsnail, Mr.Person, webadict
Mr.Person: Jim Groovester
chaoticjosh: NUKE9.13, Pandarsenic, ToonyMan
forsaken1111: Diakron

Reminder: Day 2 ends Monday ~10am Pacific
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: October 04, 2009, 10:18:45 pm »

Don't act so surprised. People might interpret it as an overreaction.

What, so you decided not to answer them? You didn't even give me a snide remark about how idiotic they were? No dismissive rebuttal at all? You didn't even bother clarifying with me whether I was joking or not?

Right. So Mr. Person, high and mighty on his throne of inscrutable townsship, completely ignored a query directed at him, because such a query he considered laughable, a joke, a jest.

Whether I was wrong before to suspect you, I am now wrong no longer. You knowingly ignored a question posed to you, and that's suspicious enough on its own.

Thanks, Mr. Person, for letting me know that you're scum.

It probably didn't help that I forgot about the question in all the talk, but yes, I did forget to answer said question. When you asked again, I answered truthfully. What's supicious about that.

Hey guys, somebody is accusing another of being scum! What has our dear game come to?

FUCK, I said I wouldn't do that anymore. Basically, Jim's arguement is that I could be scum, thus I must be scum. I must be missing something, because there's a gigantic leap of logic there.

Based on what he's said now, I guess you could add me not answering a very stupid question that I forgot about, which is utter crap since I then answered it when he called me on it.

FAKEDIT: Thanks Meph, unvote. Lynching the watcher would be bad.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: October 04, 2009, 10:25:56 pm »

FUCK, I said I wouldn't do that anymore. Basically, Jim's arguement is that I could be scum, thus I must be scum. I must be missing something, because there's a gigantic leap of logic there.
I get what you meant now.

What is this question you two are going on about?
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: October 04, 2009, 11:06:34 pm »

I was questioning Mr. Person about his voting behavior during the beginning of Day 2. I might've gotten a better answer out of him if I hadn't accused him of being scum first, and I might've been a little more tactful about it, so that's a bad move on my part.

I wanted him to explain the reasoning behind his votes, because I found them as opportunistic attempts to hide behind safe lynches, or to start bandwagons on these safe lynches.

Mr. Person disagrees, saying he was questioning Diakron's and Leafsnail's suspicious behavior with his votes.

Cue argument between the two of us. Shall I paraphrase that, too? It happened in the last few pages; it shouldn't be hard to find.

It probably didn't help that I forgot about the question in all the talk, but yes, I did forget to answer said question. When you asked again, I answered truthfully. What's supicious about that.

Maybe if you had said that instead of being an ass about it, I would've been more inclined to believe you.

But you neglected to mention that little detail. Instead, you said you ignored my question because you thought I was joking.

Joking? Maybe during the random voting stage. After the beginning of Day 2? Not likely. So why you used that as an excuse to explain why you didn't answer my questions is beyond me.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: October 05, 2009, 12:10:35 am »

I was questioning Mr. Person about his voting behavior during the beginning of Day 2. I might've gotten a better answer out of him if I hadn't accused him of being scum first, and I might've been a little more tactful about it, so that's a bad move on my part.

I wanted him to explain the reasoning behind his votes, because I found them as opportunistic attempts to hide behind safe lynches, or to start bandwagons on these safe lynches.

Mr. Person disagrees, saying he was questioning Diakron's and Leafsnail's suspicious behavior with his votes.

Cue argument between the two of us. Shall I paraphrase that, too? It happened in the last few pages; it shouldn't be hard to find.

Maybe if you had said that instead of being an ass about it, I would've been more inclined to believe you.

But you neglected to mention that little detail. Instead, you said you ignored my question because you thought I was joking.

Joking? Maybe during the random voting stage. After the beginning of Day 2? Not likely. So why you used that as an excuse to explain why you didn't answer my questions is beyond me.

Because it's true. I looked at your question, thought you were joking, and then totally forgot about it. I wanted to answer truthfully, so I did.

Seriously, your question is that stupid. It really does boils down to "You asked suspicious people questions, did you want them lynched?" to which I'm going to reply "I wanted to gather more info from them". I would say that if I was town or scum, so it's a null tell. Generally speaking, questions that ask about motive are pointless since you can always just say "No, I was just trying to do (town-like thing), not (scummy thing), I promise!"

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: October 05, 2009, 12:44:27 am »

Jim Groovestar, you are asking why we're attacking suspicious people. Do you realize this?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: October 05, 2009, 10:17:58 am »

I'm back.

And I'm surprised we are still on day 2...

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: October 05, 2009, 11:31:59 am »

The Whiteboard
Diakron: forsaken1111
Leafsnail: Leafsnail, webadict
Mr.Person: Jim Groovester
chaoticjosh: NUKE9.13, Pandarsenic, ToonyMan
forsaken1111: Diakron

You have half an hour to vote or change your vote before the day ends.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: October 05, 2009, 11:39:05 am »

Day Extension

Vote Leafsnail

God, I'd rather today result in a tie than get killed. Nuke, Toon, Pandar, where are you?
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 56