Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 56

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 10 - Game Over  (Read 73585 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 10 - Day 2 needs coffee
« Reply #570 on: October 04, 2009, 10:07:00 am »

Not answering what?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: October 04, 2009, 10:08:14 am »

Not answering what?

>_>

Fine, let me go back 20 pages Mr. Ignore Me Scum-Bucket.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: October 04, 2009, 10:14:32 am »

OK, so let's see.  I accuse you of being scum D1.  You throw it away and say it means nothing.  I say that you are not being aggressive, you say that you will soon.  WHEN?  You've been active lurking this whole game and only pop in to make it seem like you're actually doing something or to defend yourself when someone votes you.  THAT'S A SCUM TELL.  You blame headache, I blame scumminess.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: October 04, 2009, 10:40:53 am »

I remember saying that I'll be building steam, but I don't remember telling you your accusation means nothing.

I can tell you however that we shouldn't lynch Leafsnail, an agent can use his much less valuable ability to determine if he's telling the truth or not if you're really that concerned about WIFOM.

Now, I understand if you think I'm a bit unhelpful this game, but to be truthful, I haven't been paying alot of attention.

I'll try being a bit more active though.

So let's see, just off my two-page post-lookback.

Jim, I wouldn't pay too much attention to Toony. We're talking about a guy who put out a scum list day 1 including Muchenik, Humaan, and me, and was adamantly pursuing those three without any evidence. 2 of those have been confirmed town so far. The man is just not that good at finding scum.

So Forsaken, you're saying that people shouldn't listen to Toon? He's been a bit zealous, but that's his way of doing things.

Quote from: Jim Groovester
I dunno, Pandarsenic. You've answered all my questions promptly, but there's just something off about you. If I had to describe it, I feel like you're making more mistakes than you should be.

Now, I've been a bit lazy in this game. Could you describe the mistakes Pandar is making for me?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #574 on: October 04, 2009, 12:19:02 pm »

So Forsaken, you're saying that people shouldn't listen to Toon? He's been a bit zealous, but that's his way of doing things.

I'm saying that maybe, just MAYBE, he doesn't have any reason at all for the random accusations he makes and he just does it for kicks.

Sorry I haven't been active recently, been very busy IRL but still monitoring the thread when I can. More later.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: October 04, 2009, 12:23:14 pm »

I'm saying that maybe, just MAYBE, he doesn't have any reason at all for the random accusations he makes and he just does it for kicks.

Sorry I haven't been active recently, been very busy IRL but still monitoring the thread when I can. More later.

That's really, really stupid. Not once has ToonyMan ever done that, to my knowledge. Why would he randomly start interrogating people "for kicks"in Paranormal, of all games? You're just trying to discredit him for some reason.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #576 on: October 04, 2009, 12:25:03 pm »

Oh, why would I try to discredit someone who tried to get two confirmed townies lynched?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: October 04, 2009, 12:29:05 pm »

Oh, why would I try to discredit someone who tried to get two confirmed townies lynched?

I might be misreading things, but I don't think they were confirmed at the time. Townies attacking eachother is pretty normal.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #578 on: October 04, 2009, 12:32:12 pm »

Sorry, maybe I didn't express myself well. I'm saying his record isn't exactly that great this game, and we should take that into account when listening to him.

Meh, need sleep

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: October 04, 2009, 01:50:16 pm »

Sorry, maybe I didn't express myself well. I'm saying his record isn't exactly that great this game, and we should take that into account when listening to him.

Meh, need sleep

Using past success or failure to indicate future success or failure on random or semi-random events is a form of Gambler's Fallacy.

Of course, ToonyMan's interrogation isn't random, and it's only semi-random if he's on the town. So yes, I see what you're saying. However, you need to back off from this territory. Generally speaking, questioning and seriously thinking town players are scum is a null tell on its own. Now, what you REALLY need to look at is if ToonyMan came up with logical reasons for voting the way he did, and more importantly, if he skipped other targets to get to the one(s) he's at. Those are most definitely NOT null tells.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: October 04, 2009, 02:43:44 pm »

Quote from: Jim Groovester
I dunno, Pandarsenic. You've answered all my questions promptly, but there's just something off about you. If I had to describe it, I feel like you're making more mistakes than you should be.

Now, I've been a bit lazy in this game. Could you describe the mistakes Pandar is making for me?

Dammit...

As I go through what's been posted so far, I realize I've been the one making mistakes. Lots of them, all over the place. I'll point them out as they come up.

Here's all the exchanges I've made with Pandarsenic in Day 2.

I ask Pandarsenic about his lynch sequence Day 1.
He responds.
I accuse him and Mr. Person of being a scum team. It turns out that Pandarsenic never voted for Diakron, but I got it in my head that he did.
He responds to my accusation. I guess he responds like he voted for Diakron, even though he didn't. Or does he? I can't decide.
More questions.
More answers, a few more questions, then we're caught up.

My general thrust with my comment that he's making mistakes is that all his answers involve thinking incorrectly about something, or only realizing something after the fact. This could be normal Pandarsenic behavior, for all I know, but it makes me uncomfortable for the way he's treading back on his votes with those explanations. Considering I made a mistake in analyzing his behavior, however, it seems a lot less suspicious than it did yesterday night when I was posting it.

Mr. Person, are you ever going to answer my questions?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: October 04, 2009, 04:14:08 pm »

Which was?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: October 04, 2009, 04:19:35 pm »

There's this set of questions, and then a while ago there was this one.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: October 04, 2009, 05:08:59 pm »

Mr. Person: Here's a funny sequence of posts you made.
What? You think defending oneself is scummy, do you Diakron? I think you're scum trying to push a lynch off on Forsaken, but you're going about that the wrong way.
So, Leafsnail, you think that attacking people is scummy?
So, Mr. Person, do you think voting for people who think attacking or defending is scummy is scummy? I do. If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were trying to cast suspicion on the two you voted to start a bandwagon. What do you think about that scenario?

Can you explain why you complimented Pandarsenic after he answered your vote on him for active lurking? I don't think I've ever seen a compliment in a game of mafia ever, but I've only been playing for so long. I think it would look scummy if anybody did it, however.

For the first one, well of course I was casting suspicion on Leafsnail. I asked him a question, I wanted to see his response. All you did was make yourself look like an idiot (and scum) by voting me JUST because I attacked somebody else. Here's a spoiler: If we didn't attack anybody, we would get nowhere, so I don't understand why you said anything at all. Now if you're done being an idiot (You think voting somebody because they think attacking people is scummy is scummy, and then you go and do the same thing, so you did something you think is scummy. Nice.), we can get back to finding scum.

I didn't "compliment" Pandarsenic, I thanked him for giving his opinion, which is what we really want.

I called you out because you were nearby. I didn't have a lot of time, so I could only post that much. Quite sad, really.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: October 04, 2009, 06:24:10 pm »

Is the only defense of your actions to call me an idiot? Well, sheesh. Excuse me for having questions about your behavior.

Your votes looked opportunistic. They happened within a short time of each other, and both were in response to suspicious behavior. It's like you were looking for an easy lynch to get behind. Leafsnail was acting legitimately suspicious. But Diakron looks scummy no matter what he does, so did you forget this about him when you voted for him, or were you counting on it?

What took you so long to answer my questions? I didn't hide them. Were you dodging them, or what?

You called me out because I was nearby. What's that supposed to mean?
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 56