Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 56

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 10 - Game Over  (Read 73575 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 10 - Day 2 needs coffee
« Reply #525 on: October 03, 2009, 01:45:10 pm »

Oh well, it was worth a try, I suppose.  But I guess the game is up.  You tell me: who would want a no lynch?  Which role would wants to drag the game out as long as possible?  Which role already knows exactly who is scum, and is just trying to keep the game running as long as possible?

Yep, it's me.  I am the Watcher.  And you know what?  Now that I've used my ability, I might as well vote Leafsnail.  The clock is ticking, town.  You have 6 days before the almighty wrath of the Watchers is released.  You have 4 scum to find in that time.  Lynch me.  You'll have 5 days to find your scum.

Same to the mafia.  Hi there!  I suppose you guys could NK me, but you'd be wasting time which you need to be using killing off the town, and town PRs.  After all, kill off the town in the next 6 days and you beat me.

You're a liar cultist.  Unvote.

Vote Leafsnail.
Do we really want to take that chance? His story seems to add up... Unless he's Cultist and chaoticjosh was Cultist.

How does Leafsnail being a cultist make me a cultist?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: October 03, 2009, 01:58:29 pm »

I suppose it would be due to my attempt to create a no lynch, which would've saved you.  I'm kinda surprised that webadict didn't see the potential for WIFOM there, but never mind.  Of course, as a Watcher, the best result I can get is No Lynch, to drag the game out, so that's why I did it.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: October 03, 2009, 02:42:59 pm »

Where is our certified townie?

Humaan: Got anything to tell us?
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #528 on: October 03, 2009, 02:44:14 pm »

Yeah, I'd say we ignore leaf for now until someone can confirm his status as watcher. Watcher lynch is very bad for us. Humaan?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: October 03, 2009, 02:46:22 pm »

Well, this has been an interesting turn of events.

I would say we should just ignore Leafsnail, but he still holds a vote, and that can throw a wrench into the town's plans.

I'm undecided at this point on what to do.

I'll do a close scan of everything that's happened in Day 2 so far, and I'll have some questions to ask.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: October 03, 2009, 02:48:49 pm »

What do you mean, "Confirm"?  The only way I see of confirming me would be to get a detective to inspect me tonight.

And I dunno if anyone cares that I already know who's scum, but nevermind.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #531 on: October 03, 2009, 02:53:51 pm »

What do you mean, "Confirm"?  The only way I see of confirming me would be to get a detective to inspect me tonight.

That's exactly what I mean. If you're the watcher, you are the last person we want to lynch and in fact you are the least important person in the game right now. We need to kill cultists. We should still have someone investigate you though, as this may just be an 11th hour lie by a cult to save his scummy skin.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: October 03, 2009, 03:24:10 pm »

And I dunno if anyone cares that I already know who's scum, but nevermind.

Am I on that list by any chance?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: October 03, 2009, 03:35:45 pm »

I can neither confirm nor deny, Toony.  After all, I'm not on the town's side.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: October 03, 2009, 03:38:27 pm »

While the town has less of an incentive to kill you, the scum has plenty. They only need to get to 50% scum vs 50% anything else, so they have a reason to kill you, which they might as well do since you might reveal their identities.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: October 03, 2009, 03:39:47 pm »

Fair enough.  One less town kill for me to worry about.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: October 03, 2009, 03:43:20 pm »

Alright, questions.

Leafsnail: Should I read anything to your FoS's earlier in Day 2? You cast fingers of suspicion at Pandarsenic, Daikron, and ToonyMan. Do these suspicions come from your knowledge of being the Watcher? Explain this for me, if you wouldn't mind.

ToonyMan: Can you explain just what the hell your reasoning is for accusing chaoticjosh and Leafsnail of being scum? Right now you're just making directed but entirely unexplained accusations towards those two, so an explanation of what the hell you're getting at would be helpful.

Pandarsenic: You made this post after I accused you. You explain away your vote for Diakron as if you were careless. I don't believe you. You claimed to Humaan during the night, didn't you? I find it hard to believe that somebody who was careful enough to PM the CT during the night would be so careless as to forget Diakron's typical behavior before voting.

You also made this post accusing Leafsnail. I would like your reasoning for voting for the man at the time you made it. That he's claimed Watcher now is not a suitable explanation for your actions to me.

Mr. Person: Here's a funny sequence of posts you made.
What? You think defending oneself is scummy, do you Diakron? I think you're scum trying to push a lynch off on Forsaken, but you're going about that the wrong way.
So, Leafsnail, you think that attacking people is scummy?
So, Mr. Person, do you think voting for people who think attacking or defending is scummy is scummy? I do. If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were trying to cast suspicion on the two you voted to start a bandwagon. What do you think about that scenario?

Can you explain why you complimented Pandarsenic after he answered your vote on him for active lurking? I don't think I've ever seen a compliment in a game of mafia ever, but I've only been playing for so long. I think it would look scummy if anybody did it, however.

Humaan: You're our confirmed townie. I think you need to come back to the thread and talk a little more. Who were the two vanilla townies who claimed in the PMs you recieved?

Right now, I think ToonyMan is probably scum, for the way he's going after anybody who's been accused of being the Watcher. He went after chaoticjosh in Day 1 after webadict implied that chaoticjosh was the Watcher, then in Day 2 he went after forsaken1111 after several people made the accusation that he was the Watcher, and now he's going after Leafsnail now that he's claimed being the Watcher.

I think the evidence is pretty clear. Unvote Mr. Person. ToonyMan, in his words, is SCUMMY SCUM SCUM CULTIST SCUM.

I think we should keep Leafsnail alive. He has his own agenda, sure, but he's an enormous threat to the cult, as he knows who they are. FoS on anybody voting for him. He would be useful to the town, if he decides to play along. We should ignore him, for the most part, but we should keep him alive. He might be helpful if we haplessly bumble our way into lynch or lose situations.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: October 03, 2009, 03:45:35 pm »

I'll tell you something for nothing - I claimed VT to humaan.  Well, VT with mindshield, not sure if that counts.  It's not so far from the truth - now I've used my ability, that's basically all I am.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: October 03, 2009, 03:47:29 pm »

Oh, and my FoS's?  I was just trying to behave in exactly the same way as I normally would as town, in the hope of squeezing a NL out of today before claiming tomorrow.  They're basically the FoS's I would've posted if I were town.  Of course, they could be those on my Watcher list, or they could, on the other hand, not be.  It's pure WIFOM, so whatever I say you can't be sure.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: October 03, 2009, 03:58:38 pm »

ToonyMan: Can you explain just what the hell your reasoning is for accusing chaoticjosh and Leafsnail of being scum? Right now you're just making directed but entirely unexplained accusations towards those two, so an explanation of what the hell you're getting at would be helpful.

I am not saying both are scum, I am saying that each one is scum.

Sir Josh:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=42373.msg791415#msg791415

Leafsnail:
Actually, he probably is a Watcher or Exterminator.  Seeing from what he has done.

Unvote.  Here's my newest list:

Leafsnail is The Watcher/Exterminator.

Sir Josh is a Cultist.  He won't respond to anything I said!  Headache or no headache, say SOMETHING.
Forsaken is a Cultist.  Day 1 blah blha blhla.
Jim is a Cultist.  Nice job trying to get NUKE and me lynched, kinda like Sir Josh, eh?  I'm reading scumtells off you.
I'll get to you on the fourth (there's a fourth, right?)

Let me place a fat vote on Sir Josh again.

I'm not so confident if Leafsnail is an Exterminator or not, but I'd rather lynch a 100%.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 56