Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 56

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 10 - Game Over  (Read 73692 times)

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 10 - Blood on the Snows
« Reply #285 on: September 28, 2009, 02:49:53 pm »

Actually I am a town Disciple of Truth, there is no point in hiding since I have already done my power so there is no need to hide. Now if you believe in Forsaken and my scumminess then lynch me and if I pop townie then that shows that Humaan and Forsaken are townie also.

This doesn't actually prove anything about you.  If you are killed and flip town, then we can be pretty sure that Humaan is town, but really nothing other than that.  Even if you were talking with forsaken and believe him to be town, it's still entirely possible that he was lying to you as well.

Psuedo-edit: My point exactly.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

muchenik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 28, 2009, 02:51:09 pm »

Slow down.

What were the results of your power. What was Humaan's race and role?

Humaan is town and Can't reveal his role because it could change night actions.
Close This Door
txeN ehT nepO

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #287 on: September 28, 2009, 02:51:59 pm »

Ugh, don't vote for yourself. Noone needs to die to prove his claim, we can vote for a day extension and wait for humaan to come on to verify his claim.

Also, if humaan said his role makes it hard for him to live I'd believe that scum would go after him if we reveal his role. Having muchenik PM humaan and then having humaan come and verify the claim would be best for the Town.

muchenik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 28, 2009, 02:54:54 pm »

Ugh, don't vote for yourself. Noone needs to die to prove his claim, we can vote for a day extension and wait for humaan to come on to verify his claim.

Also, if humaan said his role makes it hard for him to live I'd believe that scum would go after him if we reveal his role. Having muchenik PM humaan and then having humaan come and verify the claim would be best for the Town.

Sorry for being all emo, unvote it makes more sense to vote for a day extension at this point and see what Humaan has to say.
Close This Door
txeN ehT nepO

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 28, 2009, 02:57:33 pm »

The Whiteboard
Humaan: Mr.Person
Muchenik: Leafsnail, Pandarsenic
NUKE9.13: Jim Groovester, forsaken1111
forsaken1111: Diakron, Humaan, NUKE9.13, RedWarrior0, ToonyMan, eduren, webadict

Day is currently scheduled to end ~5pm Pacific Monday. I'll need at least three more votes for a day extension if you think you need one.

Edit: Fixed (that's the problem with running two games at once)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 03:03:00 pm by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #290 on: September 28, 2009, 02:58:34 pm »

I checked, he is offline currently. I sent him a PM asking him to come online and chat with you, hopefully he will clear some of this up. That would give us two confirmed town (Muchenik/Humaan) at least and one or the other could coordinate for now.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #291 on: September 28, 2009, 02:59:20 pm »

Day is currently scheduled to end ~5pm Pacific Tuesday. I'll need at least three more votes for a day extension if you think you need one. Although, since you have 28 hours it may not be needed.
Day 1 ends ~5pm Pacific Monday

Huh?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 28, 2009, 03:00:49 pm »

Ugh, Muchenik, why now?  And why humaan?  Of all the people you could've chosen to make a CT... I still don't really believe you.  On the other hand, if you're lying scum, you'll soon be dead lying scum, so I guess I'll continue to vote for you.  Win win, I suppose.

For that reason, I'd suggest voting Muchenik to other players.  Either he's a DoT (to be honest, I doubt this, but it is a possibility) and we'll have a Confirmed Towny out of this mess, or he's scum and we've hit a cultist.  I suppose there's also a chance that he's a lying towny, but it would be stupid of a towny to claim a role that requires being lynched to be effective.

And no, Muchenik is certainly not Confirmed Town until he is hanging from the end of a rope.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 28, 2009, 03:02:28 pm »

Day is currently scheduled to end ~5pm Pacific Tuesday. I'll need at least three more votes for a day extension if you think you need one. Although, since you have 28 hours it may not be needed.
Day 1 ends ~5pm Pacific Monday

Huh?

Eh, you're right. Wizard Duel ends Tuesday, Paranormal ends today. Got them confused.

I'll revise that post. Still need 3 more votes for a day extension, however.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #294 on: September 28, 2009, 03:03:00 pm »

I said he would be confirmed town if humaan came in and verified his claim. Can cultists be DoT? I guess they could, I didn't think of that.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #295 on: September 28, 2009, 03:05:48 pm »

Slow down.

What were the results of your power. What was Humaan's race and role?

Humaan is town and Can't reveal his role because it could change night actions.

Technically, I think you would have received Human as opposed to Town, but we'll let that slide.  As soon as Humaan can verify that you actually did scan him correctly that means that you are either both lying or that he is a Human [blank] and you are a DoT.

So far as I can tell, his role is either a powerful one that the scum would want to kill, or one that would be dangerous to kill because the scum would die as well.  Either way, I agree that, for now, it should not be common knowledge to make the scum depend on luck. (Always fun).

I checked, he is offline currently. I sent him a PM asking him to come online and chat with you, hopefully he will clear some of this up. That would give us two confirmed town (Muchenik/Humaan) at least and one or the other could coordinate for now.

No.  Do not think that. The only way that someone would actually be confirmed town is for Muchenik to die.  Then we know (or at least strongly hope) that he was telling the truth confirming Humaan.  If he tells the truth about Humaan, then we only know that he is a DoT (or sharing PMs with him aka SCUM), not necessarily human.

So far as forsaken goes, he's either scum or town (obviously).
- If he's town, then he did a good job (potentially) with pointing out scum (namely in Nuke).
- If he's scum, then that makes Nuke either innocent or working with forsaken.  I don't think that they could have pulled this off if they were on the same team, it's risky gambit at best.

Right now, I'm leaning towards the second option (with only a few hours left to go).  Best case, we kill scum.  Worst case, we kill a townie and know more tomorrow than we did today.

While I would like to see Humaan confirm that muchenik did correctly scan him (see above), this does not necessarily have to be done today.  We have a good target to lynch.  I'm not trying to help the scum by pushing the game along, its just that these games tend to take forever the way it is (sans Watcher 1.0 or something similar).  So unless something crazy comes up in the next few hours, I'm in favor of lynching forsaken1111 today.

Long story short, I don't think we need a day extension.

Forsaken1111, if it turns out that you are actually town, then I apologize.

Side note: I apologize for not being active thus far.  We just had Homecoming and that ate up pretty much my entire weekend.  I'm back on a normal schedule now, so I should be posting a little more frequently.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 28, 2009, 03:09:04 pm »

Vote against a day lengthening. We don't need it. Half the town is voting forsaken already. Nothing has or will change.
Long Live United Forenia!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 28, 2009, 03:09:44 pm »

But why?  If we lynch Muchenik, we've either got scum or a confirmed towny.  Doesn't that make more sense?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #298 on: September 28, 2009, 03:13:24 pm »

No worries Janus, I do understand your position though I assure you I am exactly what I said, a town goth.

I am curious about something. You're against a day extension, and you don't care if humaan comes in and verifies muchenik's investigation, and though you said that if muchenik dies that would confirm (or at least strongly suggest) that humaan is town... yet you voted me. I would get that if you're certain of my status as scum, but you said you weren't really sure but leaning towards that. In light of that, I have a question.. do you really think a scum would draw this much attention to himself day 1?

In either case, wouldn't it be better to lynch muchenik and have a verified (or as good as it gets) townie to coordinate than to kill a townie goth? A telepath (if there is one) could easily investigate me tonight and get a survive instead of a kill objective to verify my story.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 28, 2009, 03:13:38 pm »

Nuke, if you're going to accuse anybody who disagrees with you of being scum, I don't think you're going to get very far with your accusations. I could claim OMGUS if I were petty, since I voted for you and you just now accused me of being scum. I personally hate it when people call OMGUS, because it marginalizes their arguments, but that's an entirely unrelated manner than this.

I read your wall of text against me, and I don't think it contained very much content, aside from a line-by-line denial of everything I said, insults, and accusations. That's just about the least convincing form of argumentation around. If your flawlessly thought out arguments were actually as you describe them, then I would have already switched my vote around to forsaken1111. But that's not the case, so either I draw different conclusions out of your evidence, or your evidence isn't particularly convincing on its own.

Right now, you have tunnelvision on forsaken1111, and your conclusion is guiding your search for evidence, which is a reversal and a subversion of the process. And I won't go along with that.

Sorry. I disagree with you. It's not the end of the world.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 56