Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 56

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 10 - Game Over  (Read 73695 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 10 - Blood on the Snows
« Reply #255 on: September 27, 2009, 07:38:02 pm »

Congratulations, town! You're a pile of morons!

Way too much fucking tunnelvision. Nuke, get off of Forsaken, you're pulling the stupidest of crap out at him. Timestamps? Really? Have you ever heard of circumstantial evidence?

Well, I suppose you shouldn't get off of him entirely, I can't command you to do that, (it would be bad, it would be scummy, ect ect) but your thing about "Roleclaim or die now so that you can't discuss with your scum buddies" sounds about as likely as forsaken's "Lie to get a reaction", and they both sound truthful enough to me. In other words, I think you're both townies with tunnelvision, so I'll unvote. Get off the tunnelvision, is my advice. Specifically, I wonder why Pandarsenic is being so lurky. What do you think of Muchenik, Nuke, Forsaken, Humaan, and everything else?
LOL WAT

Muchenik: He's refusing to defend himself, being generally unhelpful, trying to tunnelvision the town, implying that in a conflict of two people, one has to be scum (a trick I used, if a bit more subtly I'd hope, in Beginner II), activelurking, and bandwagoning Nuke.

Humaan: Disregard for townie life - fine with lynching a townie, as if the Watcher is a horrific threat to the town, greater even than the cult. Even if he's not scum, he's a fucking menace as a townie because he doesn't give a flying fuck whom he lynches. He's a scum tool at best. If he isn't a Cultist, he's either a Watcher trying to yank us around or an Exterminator - maybe just an Operative, perhaps. No matter what, I don't trust him.

Forsaken1111: I hate defeatists. I think that's reasonably common knowledge.

As for Nuke, he's being helpful. He's being logical, backing up his accusations, and pressuring people who don't seem to be taking it well. I think he's town.

My vote remains on Muchenik, whom I find more scummy than Humaan.
Pandarsenic is active lurking.

So Humaan is scummy for wanting to lynch me? Aren't you still voting for me Toony?

There's a difference.  I made the first vote with reason.  He just voted trying to lynch you.

Um…  I can see your reasoning, but there WAS a reason I lynched him. I thought he was a possible scum. The odds pointed to him being scum. Therefore; I think he is scum. I did not want to lynch for the purposes of lynching, for that is detrimental. If I see a possible scum, I say full steam ahead to lynch him. I AM going to Unvote because I don’t think there is a big enough chance now that forsaken is scum. I still have a feeling he is, but the evidence points against it.

I know the basics of mafia enough to know to NOT bandwagon. My odds of surviving this game in the first place is next to impossible, and it’s only ever-so convenient that I am probably going to be lynched the next day.

...That is really scummy to say. No, your odds of surviving are not small. You have to FIGHT TO SURVIVE! We're not playing to give up every five feet here.

But, you know what? I don't understand why we're giving up on forsaken1111. THERE WAS NO POINT. No point to that act. All it did was confuse everyone, and that's is why I think you're scum. It's just very convenient for you, isn't it? Don't screw with the town, because that doesn't help anyone. In what way did that help anyone?

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 27, 2009, 08:12:25 pm »

My role makes it hard to survive... enough said.

I'm still confused on what to do. I think I will go back to my previous action of voting forsaken

I'm sorry if the town is getting confused by this. Honestly, I am VERY confused right now. Apparently though, I was better off voting for forsaken then not.

My most recent post was because I thought people thought I was scum because I was voting with no care for townies (I'm actually trying to make the scum make a mistake, possibly over-react).

I am EXTREMELY confused if you still haven't figured out...
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 27, 2009, 08:25:37 pm »

I told you so:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yes it can get confusing, but it would help if you participated in discussions a little more. Not just posting to vote.

Ill give you a hand. Who are your top 3 suspects for scum? Give a brief overview for each person
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 27, 2009, 09:04:41 pm »

Frelock, et al.: Comment!

Unvote

Coming back from a wedding and blazing through 16 pages of mafia goodness/madness, I think I get the gist what went on here, but just to check:

Spoiler: Mafia to date: (click to show/hide)

Obviously, there's some points I'm missing here, like when Muchenik started being scummy (still not sure I understand that).  If anyone would care to amend that list for me with finer points that I missed, I would be appreciative.

Some observations on more recent developments:
1.  I agree with Mr. Person that we're getting into tunnel-vision here, focusing on Forsaken, Nuke, Muchenik, and Humaan.  However, the probability that all four are town is a minute .3%.  Therefore, I don't see a problem with focusing on them, so long as we keep an open eye out for others behavior.
2.  Web, yes Panda has been active-lurking.  However, I haven't seen many post by you either.  A quick glance at your post record shows far less activity in this mafia then in others.  I'd almost go as far as saying you're being uncharacteristically quiet, but it's not quite that bad.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 27, 2009, 09:35:47 pm »

Frelock, et al.: Comment!

Unvote

Coming back from a wedding and blazing through 16 pages of mafia goodness/madness, I think I get the gist what went on here, but just to check:

Spoiler: Mafia to date: (click to show/hide)

Obviously, there's some points I'm missing here, like when Muchenik started being scummy (still not sure I understand that).  If anyone would care to amend that list for me with finer points that I missed, I would be appreciative.

Some observations on more recent developments:
1.  I agree with Mr. Person that we're getting into tunnel-vision here, focusing on Forsaken, Nuke, Muchenik, and Humaan.  However, the probability that all four are town is a minute .3%.  Therefore, I don't see a problem with focusing on them, so long as we keep an open eye out for others behavior.
2.  Web, yes Panda has been active-lurking.  However, I haven't seen many post by you either.  A quick glance at your post record shows far less activity in this mafia then in others.  I'd almost go as far as saying you're being uncharacteristically quiet, but it's not quite that bad.
I disagree. I'm equally active in all mafias. I just tend to not make as much of a difference in this one because there tends to be several posts in between when I reload the page for this one in comparison. It's just how this one works.

Also, way to defend Pandarsenic there... What's with that?

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 27, 2009, 09:45:25 pm »

Sorry, actually investigating reveals that you do post in mafias fairly evenly (5 posts here for 8 in beginners); it's just that you're in so many, a cursory glance makes it seem that you give all your time to the others.

Also, I'm not defending Panda; just saying that I see you as guilty as he (though now that you're cleared of that charge, he's shot up on the active-lurking list).

The real point of that post was meant to be the
If anyone would care to amend that list for me with finer points that I missed, I would be appreciative.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 27, 2009, 10:06:42 pm »

Sorry, actually investigating reveals that you do post in mafias fairly evenly (5 posts here for 8 in beginners); it's just that you're in so many, a cursory glance makes it seem that you give all your time to the others.

Also, I'm not defending Panda; just saying that I see you as guilty as he (though now that you're cleared of that charge, he's shot up on the active-lurking list).

The real point of that post was meant to be the
If anyone would care to amend that list for me with finer points that I missed, I would be appreciative.
Actually, that was the gist of it.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 27, 2009, 11:41:56 pm »

Active lurking? Honestly?

I made my vote on Muchenik, and everybody ignores me, so I occasionally remind you all of why I'm voting for him as I participate in mafias where things involving me are happening (where I am oftentimes also accused of active lurking?). Don't blame me for your inability to see Muchenik's scumtasticality. He's either obvscum or the most absurdly unhelpful town member in the History of Ever.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 27, 2009, 11:56:02 pm »

The Whiteboard
Humaan: Leafsnail, Mr.Person, eduren
Muchenik: Pandarsenic
NUKE9.13: Jim Groovester, forsaken1111
forsaken1111: Diakron, Humaan, NUKE9.13, RedWarrior0, ToonyMan, webadict

A lot has happened since I last did a count, so let me know if anything is wrong

Day 1 ends ~5pm Pacific Monday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 28, 2009, 02:37:49 am »

Active lurking? Honestly?

I made my vote on Muchenik, and everybody ignores me, so I occasionally remind you all of why I'm voting for him as I participate in mafias where things involving me are happening (where I am oftentimes also accused of active lurking?). Don't blame me for your inability to see Muchenik's scumtasticality. He's either obvscum or the most absurdly unhelpful town member in the History of Ever.

Noted, thanks Pandarsenic. You're a big help. I still say Humaan is more scummy than Forsaken is, but that's just me.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 28, 2009, 02:48:20 am »

14. Forsaken quotes a PM of behind-the-scenes action with Munichec, Nuke dislikes the fact that it is from muchenik, who he does not trust
Fixed
The timestamp thing is barely relevant. I'm saying that, if Muchenik and Forsaken were scum, they would be able to fake that PM. And I suspect that they are.

I move on to important stuff.

On Humaan: If this is actually his first game then I can believe his odd behaviour is a result of newdom rather than scumminess. That is all I have to say.
Next item

Oops, sorry, this is more stuff about forsaken.
Also, Nuke. I'm sorry that I didn't read your wall of text, but from what I see you are way too fixated on forsaken. I you want me to vote for him, then give me a good reason, not timestamps.
What.
Do I have to explain my giant wall of text? Do people not read things they are not told to read?
Dammit.
The wall of text is focused on forsaken because it was not an all purpose post, it was a response to people who thought my accusations of forsaken were odd or scummy. In it I explained my accusations and elaborated in an attempt to remove any confusion.
And I think that it contained a good reason. I do not recall mentioning timestamps at all in the wall of text. Indeed, timestamps are a minor footnote in my crusade against forsaken.

I shall indulge you nevertheless in a summary of the case against forsaken (summary!):
-Forsaken got a little upset about being asked many questions. Not condeming, but odd enough to cause
-Forsaken gets attention for not answering questions. This he finds more upseting still. His responses are somewhat odd. Still not condemming, but enough to get a few votes.
-Forsaken is all like: Fine screw you guys my role sucks anyway
-I come in. I am all like: What. What. You cannot do that. People who surrender are either scum or terrible townies, and I suspect scum because hardly any roles suck. Besides, lynching a terrible townie is not such a big loss as lynching a regular townie. I vote Forsaken
-Forsaken is all like: Hmmn people are still voting for me after I surrender. He talks some more about how his role sucks. People talk with him. He has not claimed his role yet, though. How odd, I think.
-Roleclaim or die, I say. Within the next ten minutes. After a while (>10 minutes) he does roleclaim goth. By responding 'yep' to the question 'are you a goth?'. Ok fine. This has not changed my opinion of him due to the whole phone thing, though.
-Forsaken continues to act weird. There is a bandwagon against me.
-I explain myself (wall of text)
-Forsaken claims he was acting. This is all fine and well but anyone could say 'I was acting' after it happened. However he claims he said 'I am acting' to someone during the event
-I am all like hmmn.
-Forsaken then quotes a pm from muchenik to him and his response. (quotes like this:
blabla
-I do not trust muchenik and this claim only invigorates my certainty of forsaken's scumitude. Because it was muchenik. As a side note I point out that the message is not even quoted.
-Muchenik sends me a 'quoted message'. I point out that this is not evidence of planned acting by pointing out that it could be faked.

Happy?
Moving on.

On Pandarsenic: I am tempted to call panda town because he is calling me town but that would be stupid. I think that his participation seems to be at a reasonable level but I can appreciate that a post like
With next to no content is frustrating.
Panda is focussing on muchenik, which I can appreciate as muchenik is acting scummy and were it not for forsaken I would switch to muchenik in an instant.
Anyway yeah. Might be scum. I wouldn't rate his chances higher than average, though.

Moving on

No, that's it. Forsaken and muchenik are scum. We're lynching forsaken. Day: Successful.

Long Live United Forenia!

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 28, 2009, 03:16:01 am »

I apologize Nuke, and commend you on your scumhunting. I agree with you that forsaken should die today.

Even though Humaan has yet to be exonerated in my eyes, I will now vote for person that looks scummiest. Unvote

Forsaken
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 28, 2009, 03:29:28 am »

I can believe a Muchenik-Forsaken scumteam, but I personally still think Muchenik is a better lynch than Forsaken. Humaan... if this is his very first, I'm not so sure what to think of him. I could believe either way.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 28, 2009, 10:16:35 am »

Right, six pages of reading and then I can give my comments.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #269 on: September 28, 2009, 10:48:02 am »

Wow, I wake up to a renewed bandwagon led by scum and gladly jumped on by the town. Do you guys really want to lynch a townie? I realize my role isn't terribly helpful. I still haven't seen any good reasons, just a bunch of "Well we don't like him so.."
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 56