Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 56

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 10 - Game Over  (Read 73558 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 10 - Blood on the Snows
« Reply #150 on: September 26, 2009, 06:35:01 pm »

Janus, don't forget:

Muchenik - Trying to tunnelvision us and implying that one or the other in an argumentative pair had to be scum.

Mr.P, historically, Paranormal is a very PR-heavy game.

Don't assume that kind of thing, remember that one guy where there were almost no PR?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 26, 2009, 06:35:53 pm »

Janus, only the scum would really know how many PR there are in the game, and only as a guess based on the scum's power.
Plus, he could be an alien with intel.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 26, 2009, 06:40:13 pm »

Round 8 had only 3 or 4 PRs, didn't it?  You know, the one where the two scum factions tore each other to shreds and the town romped to victory.

Plus, he could be an alien with intel.
I dunno if any aliens would pick intel.  I mean, that would require the Exty or the Watcher to drop a shield and a power move in order to get a list of roles.  It doesn't seem too likely.

Anyway, I'd like humaan and muchenik down here ASAP.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 26, 2009, 06:51:24 pm »

Historically, I said. Of course, the Dopp Vs. Cult round failed to account for the scum teams opposing each other. :I
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #154 on: September 26, 2009, 06:54:46 pm »

Really?  Just answer the questions.  It would take about as long as you spent typing that reply to just answer most of the questions.  For the longer ones it rarely takes more than a few minutes.

Wait which questions have I missed? I thought I answered them. If I missed one at this point it's just an oversight, I still think they're pointless but I consented to answering them after seeing how butthurt people got about it. I'm not trying to be unhelpful, I just thought it was silly.

Forsaken - For not answering the questions and blowing up about it.

Blowing up? Hyperbole much? You guys are the ones who got all nuts over it, all I did was decline to answer. I got into it with toony but that was... well that's toony.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 26, 2009, 06:57:47 pm »

Refusing to answer is scummy. A townie should have nothing to hide.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 26, 2009, 07:03:28 pm »

Jim Groovester, do you mind if I ask you one of those hypotheticals? Imagine you're a war vet, who would you kill tonight?

Sure, ask away.

Let's see, what does the war vet do....

Did you mean who I would kill if I was the vigilante? Because the war vet just shoots whoever comes to visit him. In which case, I'd kill anybody who came to visit me, since that would be my role. Unless I thought somebody was going to investigate me, in which case, I would turn off that ability for the night.

I'll answer your question as if you asked if I was the vigilante, because that's an active role instead of a passive role, which is a far more interesting question that should yield more informative answers.

At this point, I just read through five pages of discussion, so I definitely need to go back and look over what I read for clues and such, but at a cursory glance, I'd think I'd kill Nuke. Nuke made three posts and all of them were fairly suspicious. He patted ToonyMan on the back for finding scum, then he demanded forsaken1111 roleclaim or die, and then he's paying way too much attention to when forsaken1111 logs on and off. Nuke really wants forsaken1111 dead, and that bugs me, because it seems so opportunistic.

If I was the vigilante, would I kill Nuke in the night? I'd probably think about it a lot more before I made any decision, and I'd pore over the discussion and look for other clues, and maybe cross reference Paranormal 9, and anything else that I can think of, so I can't say for certain that I would, but at a cursory glance, he would be my target.

So, in that vein, I think I'll unvote RedWarrior0, and instead vote for NUKE9.13.

I'm still undecided about forsaken1111. I think he's town, but just being terribly unhelpful. Is that a lynchable offense? I dunno. In Beginner's 1, we lynched Org for much the same reasons, but I had my reservations about it that I didn't make public. I'm not particularly keen on lynching a townie, even if they're unhelpful. It's a waste of a day that could be better spent looking for scum.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #157 on: September 26, 2009, 07:16:28 pm »

I don't have anything to hide, hell I even roleclaimed so you people would lay off. I answered them in due course, and in about an hour when I get home I'll go back and carefully comb for any I missed and answer those too. Then you can tell me all the vital data you gleaned from them.

Honestly I'm close to telling you all to go to hell. This is a game, there is no rule that says I must submit to pointless interrogation.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 26, 2009, 07:19:28 pm »

No, there's no rule saying you have to.  However, there is a rule saying that the person with the most votes at the end of the day will die, so it would be wise of you to answer questions aimed at you.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #159 on: September 26, 2009, 07:20:30 pm »

Ah yes, what a tragedy it would be for the town to lose someone who's superpower is looking like the enemy. :)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 26, 2009, 07:21:53 pm »

Yes, but if you're town, then you can still vote for who you think is scum and interrogate like everyone else.  It's not such a bad role that you need to kill yourself.

[Refrains from making comment on the goth's role description]

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 26, 2009, 07:25:23 pm »

This is a game, there is no rule that says I must submit to pointless interrogation.
You see, some players use these questions and the resulting answer to help figure out who's scum and who isn't. Second, townies should have nothing to hide and should be in favor of information flow. Most people see unwillingness to cooperate as suspicious/scummy, and for a good reason.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #162 on: September 26, 2009, 07:26:01 pm »

Round 8 was specifically power role light to test the interactions between two mafias. I was talking with Meph about it at the time. Most of the rest are power role heavy. That's what I was gong off.

For any people that I "missed" I was asked to name four people, so I did. Those are not necessarily the only scummy people.

I think the hullabaloo with Forsaken is distracting us a little much. I wish he'd just answered the questions at the beginning, but now that we're past that point, we either need to lynch him or wait for an investigator that can tell cultists from goths (does the Telepath do that?).

(Sorry if my typing is terse, I'm On my phone right now)
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #163 on: September 26, 2009, 07:27:46 pm »

Sorry if it wasn't clear, but that was sarcasm. :P

No, obviously I don't want to die. I also don't want to waste time answering silly questions, but apparently that's a requirement. Anyway... like I said when I get home I will carefully scan for unanswered questions and answer them in due course. (on phone atm, very hard to read multiple pages of posts.)

I'm abrasive by nature, sorry if that offends anyone.

Also I think (not sure though) that the only investigative role which can tell cult from goth is the DoT. I don't even know if we have one of those. Its possible a telepath would work.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 26, 2009, 07:29:13 pm »

Yeah. I have to say that we're getting tunnelvison, over-focused on forsaken. I'll get some scumhunting up in a sec.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 56