Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20

Author Topic: Gangster RTD Turn 28: Team Kill II  (Read 30208 times)

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Gangster RTD Turn 28: Team Kill II
« on: September 24, 2009, 06:31:17 am »

I thought I'd start my own RTD, so here we are I hope you enjoy.

Quote from: Multi-World Dice rules
The action results are defined by a six-sided die roll:
    [1]: Epic Fail. Your efforts only worsened your situation.
    [2]: Fail. Your skills or luck were insufficient.
    [3]: Meager success: The situation didn't improve by as much as you have intended.
    [4]: Success: Your efforts were sufficient to achieve your goal.
    [5]: Epic Success: Your skills and luck have combined to ensure your success.
    [6]: Overshot: Your efforts were more than required for the goal's completion, and your luck is such that unfortunate side-effects are inevitable.

Some other rules
  • Please post actions in bold
  • Permanent death is on but you are of course welcome to make another character and join the waiting list after death.
  • You may conduct any realistic actions you'd like but there will be consequences
  • I will be taking 6 players to begin with and I may accept more as time passes

Vincent sat in the corner of the dimly lit building. That he was forced to hide like this, that he was shoved off after so many years at the top. The city was not the same without him, Prohibition had extended to higher levels and the alcohol trade was filling the pockets of crime familys, street gangs and crooked police alike. Drugs, weapons and all sorts of other contraband were also fetching a fair price, and Vince had been cut out of the loop for far too long. ‘Little’ Joey opened the door and the first ‘applicant' was about to walk in. Things were going to start out small but he would use these men to claw his way back to the top and get rid of any who get in his way.

Basically a Crime RTD in which you will start by joining Vincent’s new gang and moving forward wherever you want from there. The setting will be a fictional city but think roughly 1920-30 technology. You may choose whatever type of gang you want whether it is a mafia style tight-nit family carrying out very precise and specific actions or more of a street gang committing random acts other suggestions are welcome but I’d like a basic structure decided on so I know where to take the plot.

Police control on the town is quite heavy and alcohol drugs ect are all illegal, but of course they are a major source of income, and besides a few extra dollars and other methods of “persuasion” and most officers will gladly show a blind eye.

The more money you make the bigger your group will become and the more toys you will get to use as well as other goons (or meat shields if you’d prefer) to provide support. Of course more money means more influence as well as more people wanting a cut of your profits.

So you may submit your character and any other questions you may have and I look forward to starting this up

Character sheet:
Name:
Appearance:
Background (optional):

Good luck and have fun.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 05:37:20 am by Flintus10 »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Flintus' RTD
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 11:50:13 am »

Name: 'Boomer' McDowell
Talent: Good with explosives
Appearance: A big, bald man, with a large beard.

Okay, can't really think of anything more to appearance, but y'all know the type.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 01:54:02 pm by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 11:56:56 am »

Name: Argnor the Fallen
Talent: Using Knifes
Appearance: Man in Buisness suit, and is wearing a trenchcoat. Has  two wings tattooed to his back
Background (optional): After going insane, Argnor fled the Aslyum he was sent to, proclaimed himself a fallen angel, and tattooed his back. When he became sane again, he realized that he was now a criminal, and needed a gang to survive.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 11:58:53 am »

Name: Alisia
Talent: Ultimate Seducer
Appearance: Red dress,Black heels,brown long hair,red lipstick,brown eyes,small diamond earrings, Has chewing gum sometimes
Background : A woman that wants to be rich in a short time, and the only way to do it is to join a gang and rob a bank.

Count me in
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 12:02:48 pm by Jetsquirrel »

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 12:19:18 pm »

Name: Steve "Shotty" Johnson
Talent: Shotgun Skillz
Appearance: Burly, wears a white shirt with a tie, coat, suspenders, and a fedora. Has a slight underbite.
Background (optional): Steve was part of another gang until several police raids put them out of commission. Now he's out for blood.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 12:19:53 pm »

Name: Desmond Orange
Talent: Connections
Appearance: Heavy set, brown haired Caucasian. Likes to wear yellow coats and bowler hats.
Background: He's the man who knows. Everything. He's got dirt on everyone, and a keen talent in bribery. One phone call from him can part the ropes at the most popular nightclubs for you, get you a night with a famous actress, make an troublesome arrest report fall into the incinerator, or have someone erased from existence. Of course, nothing comes free.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 12:40:30 pm »

hmmm nice team we need now a driver and an actor

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2009, 12:53:16 pm »

hmmm nice team we need now a driver and an actor
I think the prostitute ultimate seducer could count as an actor.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2009, 01:24:40 pm »

Name: Toyozo Minamoto
Talent: Driving
Appearance: japanese, ~19 years old, spotty. wears a fedora.
Background (optional): Toyozo' family moved to america several years ago, hoping to find riches and glory. However, they soon had no money left, and so Toyozo grew up on the streets. He stole his first car at 16, and discovered a love for fast driving. Now, though, he is desperate to earn money through any means, as his family are near the brink of starvation.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2009, 01:31:19 pm »

Awwwwww yeah, once someone dies we're gonna go tokyo driftin'

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2009, 01:52:37 pm »

Hey Flintus, you should take in six players, so we could have our driver. We're nothing without a six member. And no, NPC's don't count.

Pwease?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Bogre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2009, 02:56:20 pm »

Reserve spot for getaway driver.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2009, 06:07:02 pm »

Lol alright I'll let in six so Twiggie is in and I will write up the characters and then the first turn.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2009, 06:13:56 pm »

Tokyo driftan' in a 1920's model T. This is going to be awesome.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2009, 06:32:47 pm »

Just before we start I will ask if you guys would prefer to start in more like the 70's sort of thing. Seeing as it is a fictional town I wouldn't really have to change anything just the technology you will have access to.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20