Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41

Author Topic: Not-so Beginner Mafia: End- Turn to walk away  (Read 59664 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Not-so Beginner Mafia: Night 5 Peace
« Reply #570 on: October 21, 2009, 02:49:18 am »

You know what?  No.  Screw it.  I know it's Free Beer.  It smells like Free Beer, it is Free Beer.  I've seen this play style before in Beginner's I.  It's Free Beer, damn it.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: October 21, 2009, 02:49:58 am »

If you don't want to defend yourself anymore and I'm positive it's you, then you're going to get killed while you sleep.

Offensive jerk.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: October 21, 2009, 03:12:35 am »

This will be my last post. I'm going to bed after this. I'm going to be at work all day tomorrow. I will not see this thread until tomorrow evening.

To answer your last question:

I did not attempt to intimidate you into voting for Pandarsenic N5. If any posts of mine that seemed to imply that, I meant something different.

Intimidating you into voting for Pandarsenic would look like "Vector, you're being a tool. Just shut up and vote for Pandarsenic."

If you are referring to N4, I was reacting to your overreaction to my suggestion of lynching Pandarsenic first ("EXTENSION" in big letters comes to mind, even when we were nowhere near deadline). As you stated, it didn't really matter since we'd be lynching both, so your sudden insistence that ToonyMan go first set me off. I already explained my desire to lynch Pandarsenic first on N4.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: October 21, 2009, 03:29:23 am »

If you're town, then look... I'm sorry, man, because I just lost us the game.  I still can't shake the feeling that you're scum, and nothing you say can change that.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: October 21, 2009, 03:58:30 am »

Well, I'm glad the town won this one. Good night, everyoe.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: October 21, 2009, 04:06:34 am »

everyone*

Wait, wait....
You know what?  No.  Screw it.  I know it's Free Beer.  It smells like Free Beer, it is Free Beer.  I've seen this play style before in Beginner's I.  It's Free Beer, damn it.
Well, I'm glad the town won this one. Good night, everyoe.

That's a one-hour difference there.
~12:50 AM, Pacific and ~2:00 AM, Pacific.

>:3
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: October 21, 2009, 08:11:50 am »

... Makes it look like I screwed us over, huh?

Curses.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: October 21, 2009, 09:13:08 am »

Final Vote Count:
Free Beer: Pandarsenic, Vector
Pandarsenic: Free Beer

Final act coming soon.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Not-so Beginner Mafia: Epliogue
« Reply #578 on: October 21, 2009, 11:09:26 am »

The BM Elephant was a shell of its former self.

The extravagance, the shine, all of that was still there yet no patrons walked its halls and no guests stayed in the rooms.  Most of the staff has disappeared with only a skeleton crew attending to leftover tasks.  The hotel has been closed for the past few days and there does not seem to be any sign of it ever opening again.  In a few hours, what remains of the Merchants Guild will be silenced within the meeting room.  The victims learned the hard way how efficient and all encompassing the Litia Family can be.

Pandarsenic, however, was fortunate enough to know of this fact while still alive.  His cover blown, his partner dead, and everyone an enemy, he had few options left.  He placed himself in near of the door so he could make a getaway.  He knew he wouldn't escape but there was no point to just sit and die.  So he sat and wondered how they would kill him now that the Security has gone missing and the lone guard was dead.

He sat and expected an attack.  Instead, he found a debate.

He watched as Vector and Free Beer argued and debated with each other.  The two were never friendly and it seems to have just reached a climax.  Free Beer had wanted Pandarsenic's head for some time while Vector argued with him at every turn.  Now they had completely forgotten about him. 

It was time to gamble.  Running is impossible, but perhaps, if he's fast and they don't notice, he can take advantage of the situation.  Two against one is horrible odds but at least the chance was there.  Instantly, he stepped towards Free Beer while reaching behind his back...

...and froze.  The balisong.  It's gone!  By now, the two had stopped arguing to stare at Pandarsenic.  Before anyone could speak, the would-be attacker turned the other way and ran out of the door. 

Holding down his panic, Pandarsenic ran down the halls.  Escape was impossible, but if he can think.  If he can remember where he last had his knife.  Yes, Leafsnail.  He used it to kill Leafsnail and the guard.  He had lost it there.  It had to be there.  With the sound of pursuit behind him, Pandarsenic turned the final corner and reached the spot of his last murders.  The bodies were still there!  No one had touched them the entire day!  When the others caught up with him, he was squatting by Leafsnail's body.  Free Beer reached him first and laid a hand on him to pull him up.

In a smooth, practiced motion, Pandarsenic flipped his butterfly knife open, knocked Free Beer's arm away, then stabbed the blade into his chest.  He barely got the balisong out as Free Beer staggered back into a running Vector, knocking both to the floor.  The rest was quick and efficient.

Cont..
I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Not-so Beginner Mafia: End: Turn to walk away
« Reply #579 on: October 21, 2009, 11:54:57 am »

The BM Elephant was a shell of its former self.

The extravagance, the shine, all of that was still there yet no patrons walked its halls and no guests stayed in the rooms.  Most of the staff has disappeared with only a skeleton crew attending to leftover tasks.  The hotel has been closed for the past few days and there does not seem to be any sign of it ever opening again.  In a few hours, what remains of the Merchants Guild will be silenced within the meeting room.  The victims learned the hard way how efficient and all encompassing the Litia Family can be.

Pandarsenic, however, was fortunate enough to know of this fact while still alive.  His cover blown, his partner dead, and everyone an enemy, he had few options left.  He placed himself in near of the door so he could make a getaway.  He knew he wouldn't escape but there was no point to just sit and die.  So he sat and wondered how they would kill him now that the Security has gone missing and the lone guard was dead.

He sat and expected an attack.  Instead, he found a debate.

He watched as Vector and Free Beer argued and debated with each other.  The two were never friendly and it seems to have just reached a climax.  Free Beer had wanted Pandarsenic's head for some time while Vector argued with him at every turn.  Now they had completely forgotten about him. 

It was time to gamble.  Running is impossible, but perhaps, if he's fast and they don't notice, he can take advantage of the situation.  Two against one is horrible odds but at least the chance was there.  Instantly, he stepped towards Free Beer while reaching behind his back...

...and froze.  The balisong.  It's gone!  By now, the two had stopped arguing to stare at Pandarsenic.  Before anyone could speak, the would-be attacker turned the other way and ran out of the door. 

Holding down his panic, Pandarsenic ran down the halls.  Escape was impossible, but if he can think.  If he can remember where he last had his knife.  Yes, Leafsnail.  He used it to kill Leafsnail and the guard.  He had lost it there.  It had to be there.  With the sound of pursuit behind him, Pandarsenic turned the final corner and reached the spot of his last murders.  The bodies were still there!  No one had touched them the entire day!  When the others caught up with him, he was squatting by Leafsnail's body.  Free Beer reached him first and laid a hand on him to pull him up.

In a smooth, practiced motion, Pandarsenic flipped his butterfly knife open, knocked Free Beer's arm away, then stabbed the blade into his chest.  He barely got the balisong out as Free Beer staggered back into a running Vector, knocking both to the floor.  The rest was quick and efficient.

*knock knock*

Pandarsenic waited for the door to open, and saw a teary eyed young woman on the other side.  She still wore her maid uniform, but the wrinkles showed it hadn't been cared for lately. 

“Why?” she said, her voice breaking with emotion, “Why are you still alive?  I know who you are.  Everyone knew.  Why?”

Pandarsenic wasn't sure of the answer to that himself. 

The maid continued, “We.. we knew everything from the start here.  We left you and the other alive to test the recruits.  It.. they didn't do too well.  I was just told to take care of things.  I.. I was just doing my..”

“Why did my brother die?” Pandarsenic said, interrupting the woman's speech.

“What?”

“My brother.  He was a godfather in your little group.  Why'd you kill him?”

The maid shook her head, “Is that what this is about?” She started to laugh, but it quickly turned into a sob.  “It was a gun accident.  No one killed him.”

Pandarsenic took a step back before realizing.  All this and for an accident?

“Just get out of here.  The Family's closing down the hotel and cleaning everything out.  You need to find a way out before they get here,” the maid said sitting down on a small wooden chair.

Pandarsenic asked, “So what are you going to do?”   Silence from her gave the answer.  She'll be 'cleaned' with the rest of the hotel.  “You want to come along?”  Silence.  “Come on.  You don't want to die here, do you?”  Still nothing. Eventually, the man ran out of things to say and walked out of the room. 

After leaving the young maid, Pandarsenic saw a man in front of him.  He recognized him to be one of the Merchants.  Or perhaps posing as one of them.  The man said, “Walk out the back entrance and head strait for the only black car you see.  Don't stop or look around, don't look afraid.  Walk to it, open the passenger door farthest to the back.  Go inside, wave to the driver, then go out the side side and walk away.  Don't look back, don't come back.”

With that, the mafioso walked by.  Pandarsenic turned to ask, “What about the maid?”  The other man turned and started to show something in his hand, then stopped, said “She'll get the same instructions.  Up to her what to do with it,” then walked into her room.

With nothing more to say and no other option, Pandarsenic made his way past the silent halls and walked out of the back entrance.

End

The game is over.  Mafiosos  Pandarsenic and Toonyman won.
I KNEW IT!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Not-so Beginner Mafia: End- Turn to walk away
« Reply #580 on: October 21, 2009, 12:00:10 pm »

WHAT THE FUCK GUYS.  I GIVE YOU THE FUCKING SCUM ON A SILVER PLATTER, BECOME A CONFIRMED TOWNY AND YOU STILL LOSE.  DAMNIT!!

EDIT: AND THERE WEREN'T EVEN GODFATHERS IN THIS GAME.  ARGH!!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 12:02:13 pm by Leafsnail »

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: October 21, 2009, 12:05:23 pm »

1.  The flavor text of the mafia-involved deaths (Toony's death and Pandar's last kills) were partially suggested.  Toony asked to break the fourth wall while Pandar asked for a chase scene if he died and to use a balisong if he won (so I gave him both :P).  I had to look up what a balisong was, though, and was surprised it was those butterfly knifes you see people flipping around.

2. That last writing left me tired. :P  I'll see if I can throw an analysis later on.  Much of what needs to be said can be found in the Dead and Mafia chats though.

3. For those who care about the flavor text but just read this game, the story is matched with the one in Beginner Mafia 3.  For example, the bodies the recruits kept cleaning up were the Merchants that died in the other game.  You can read both for the whole story.

4. The last day isn't quite as OMG as the OMG moment of Beginner 3 but it sure came close.

5. I was never angry during any point of the game.  I mostly just wanted to make a very big, BLUNT point towards some of the events.  I try to be very firm as far as the rules are concerned and I use emotional blasts to help drive the point home.
I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Not-so Beginner Mafia: Night 4 Work while you work.
« Reply #582 on: October 21, 2009, 12:27:44 pm »

Ok, I'm claiming, since I think we've now got our 2 scum.

I'm a cop.  Night 1 I investigated Vector.  Result?  Town.  Night 2 I investigated Webadict.  Result?  Town.  Night 3 I investigated Free Beer.  Result?  Town.

So that means Pandarsenic and Toonyman are the scum, assuming there is no Godfather.  This role was the reason I was acting scummily and lurking earlier - I didn't want the town's best role to be taken out in the night early on.  So here you go.  Please act on the information I've given you wisely.

Of course, there is also the possibility of FB or Vector being a Godfather, but probability points towards a Pandar/ Toony scumteam.  And, to be honest, they've both been acting pretty scummy.

While others may argue, I believe the bold is the Wine that ended the game. 

Everyone read the first page.  Click on the roles.  Take note there's no Godfather role listed. 

There was no chance for a godfather in this game. 

The suggestion of one showing up turned the cop claim from a surefire win into the ultimate WIFOM.  Not only could the honesty of the cop be put to question, but it turned confirmed townies into possible scum.  It all could've been solved by reading the front page.  The reason why I [classified information] my response later (there's real text it covered up btw, Dead Chat has the original) was because I would be handing the game to the town by removing a WIFOM that was town-created and solvable by reading the original rules. 

It shows the dangerous of WIFOM and second guessing for the town.  It's very easy to discredit yourself when you're on the right track.  Many times, its best to just charge forward without thinking too much.
I KNEW IT!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Not-so Beginner Mafia: Night 4 Work while you work.
« Reply #583 on: October 21, 2009, 12:35:52 pm »

Take note there's no Godfather role listed. 

There was no chance for a godfather in this game. 

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Also, can we get the consolidated flavor text from the two concurrent games assembled to be read sequentially, dakarian? You always impress me with the effort you put into your flavor, and I would rather enjoy reading it all chronologically.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: October 21, 2009, 12:47:25 pm »

o.O

Well.. I guess.   If so I'll have to fix up BM's day 5 which is when I was too worn out and out of ideas. 

If I do it, I'll also put up the PM texts as well: the death scenes and other such.
I KNEW IT!
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41