Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 41

Author Topic: Not-so Beginner Mafia: End- Turn to walk away  (Read 59754 times)

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Not-so Beginner Mafia: Night 5 Peace
« Reply #555 on: October 21, 2009, 02:04:38 am »

In case you hadn't noticed, the vote on ToonyMan became UNANIMOUS. As in, GUARANTEED AT LEAST ONE SCUM WAS ON HIM.
Your point?

..Was the sentence immediately following.

The scum were OK with ToonyMan's death. And that's why I got hesitant. I've been over this twice now.
Or you had no choice. Then you got greedy.

You're repeating yourself after I refuted your point in its entirety. Not a good sign.

Check this again: I was first on ToonyMan. I had previously used later-day bussing in which the benefiting party was the first vote to great effect (see: Beginner's Mafia I, Vote Mafia 3). If I were scum, I was in the PERFECT position and had no reason to unvote.

And AGAIN, ToonyMan took a fall. I wouldn't be trying to "get greedy" if he were taking a fall.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: October 21, 2009, 02:07:26 am »

Check this again: I was first on ToonyMan. I had previously used later-day bussing in which the benefiting party was the first vote to great effect (see: Beginner's Mafia I, Vote Mafia 3). If I were scum, I was in the PERFECT position and had no reason to unvote.

Except for the fact that I can talk my way out of a wet paper bag, and Toony can't.  You're not in the perfect position if your partner is actually going to die.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: October 21, 2009, 02:10:21 am »

Of course you'd get greedy if he was taking a fall - ending it quickly by lynching me would have allowed you to escape this whole day.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: October 21, 2009, 02:13:51 am »

To Vector:

Except for the fact that I can talk my way out of a wet paper bag, and Toony can't.  You're not in the perfect position if your partner is actually going to die.

Err, no. Read that again. I said I was in the PERFECT position and had no reason to unvote - the vote was unanimous, I was first, and the everybody thought I was town. ToonyMan's death would have cleared me, through to the very end. But I unvoted, because I smelled a scum plot. And I was right.

To Pandarsenic:
Of course you'd get greedy if he was taking a fall - ending it quickly by lynching me would have allowed you to escape this whole day.

You aren't even thinking this through. This whole day would have been over by now with a Pandarsenic lynch if I stayed on ToonyMan and allowed YOU to end it early.

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: October 21, 2009, 02:15:36 am »

You aren't even thinking this through. This whole day would have been over by now with a Pandarsenic lynch if I stayed on ToonyMan and allowed YOU to end it early.

Gotta watch my pronouns. The final "it" refers to N4. "This whole day" refers to N5.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: October 21, 2009, 02:20:59 am »

Er... no.  Not everyone thought you were town.  You've had me on and off your back the entire time.

And no, if you'd stayed on ToonyMan this day would not be over.  I'm not a martingale--remember?  Observed behavior does not necessarily match with internal state.

By the way, you're slipping.  You weren't first.

Question--how do you know?

I'm fairly sure that we have ToonyMan as scum, at the very least, but I'm not sure about Leafsnail or Pandarsenic.

1. You're full of shit.

2. Bring it. ToonyMan.

Unvote. ToonyMan.

Start talking, dumbass.

You were third.  You were also second on Pandarsenic.  Once it became apparent that the lynch on him was disintegrating, you flopped.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: October 21, 2009, 02:24:31 am »

Er... no.  Not everyone thought you were town.  You've had me on and off your back the entire time.

And no, if you'd stayed on ToonyMan this day would not be over.  I'm not a martingale--remember?  Observed behavior does not necessarily match with internal state.

By the way, you're slipping.  You weren't first.

Question--how do you know?

I'm fairly sure that we have ToonyMan as scum, at the very least, but I'm not sure about Leafsnail or Pandarsenic.

1. You're full of shit.

2. Bring it. ToonyMan.

Unvote. ToonyMan.

Start talking, dumbass.

You were third.  You were also second on Pandarsenic.  Once it became apparent that the lynch on him was disintegrating, you flopped.

You are correct. I slipped. I had thought I voted for ToonyMan when I attacked him, as is per usual with me. However, I was attacking him back when everyone was voting and attacking for Pandarsenic, and that much is undeniable.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: October 21, 2009, 02:27:12 am »

Yup.  Pretty convenient that way, isn't it?  You can attack both, and wait to see where the bandwagons fall.

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: October 21, 2009, 02:28:45 am »

Yup.  Pretty convenient that way, isn't it?  You can attack both, and wait to see where the bandwagons fall.

I suppose it is. But if I were bandwagoning, I wouldn't have unvoted at the end.

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: October 21, 2009, 02:31:43 am »

Face it guys, I'm trouncing you both at once. And I'm using evidence to defend myself instead of accusations, deflections, or bullshit. My story checks out. I'm town.

It's 2:30am and I'm tired. Make your decisions.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: October 21, 2009, 02:36:23 am »

I've thought about this long and hard, and the truth is that Occam's Razor screams Pandarsenic.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: October 21, 2009, 02:37:29 am »

.... But before you rest easy for the night, Free Beer...

Why have you been trying to intimidate me into voting for Pandarsenic, if you're not scum?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: October 21, 2009, 02:39:32 am »

::)

Unvote.  I'm finishing this in the morning, when I'm not exhausted.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: October 21, 2009, 02:40:50 am »

Well, looks like Vector is town. I'm glad I was right about Free Beer.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: October 21, 2009, 02:43:48 am »

Well, looks like Vector is town. I'm glad I was right about Free Beer.

... Huh?  Where the hell do you get that conclusion from?

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 41