Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 41

Author Topic: Not-so Beginner Mafia: End- Turn to walk away  (Read 59875 times)

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Not-so Beginner Mafia: Night 4 Work while you work.
« Reply #480 on: October 18, 2009, 09:30:42 pm »

And what evidence do you have against ToonyMan?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: October 18, 2009, 09:37:11 pm »

We have the gigantic instance of buddying.  We have Webadict's suspicions, as someone whose judgment I trust.  There's the retroactive Toony Tunnel, as though he suddenly noticed that he was behaving differently from normal.  There's the sudden change in behavior.  There's the quietness and lack of aggression.  There's the perfect mirroring of my arguments, as though he's trying to generate text that will make me go "Hey, what a reasonable guy!"

I could go on and get some actual quotes, if you like, but I hope this will do as a summary.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: October 18, 2009, 09:48:43 pm »

I don't see anything that creates certainty there. Nor why ToonyMan should be suspected over Pandarsenic.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: October 18, 2009, 09:56:32 pm »

That would be because I honestly believe that Pandarsenic might have been just lurking due to new school things.  "Fairly certain" in that "I'm as certain as I ever am that someone is scum or town in Mafia without special information from power roles or being scum myself."

Essentially, I think Pandarsenic might be correct.  Maybe Leafsnail is scum.  I don't really know between the other three of you who I think is scum or not, so I want to watch and wait.  ToonyMan, however, seems fairly obvious and like a reasonable kill.

I understand your feelings that we'd be going along with the scum if Pandarsenic is scum and we killed ToonyMan, but what if he's town?  In that case, we've lost the game... and I don't really see why giving Pandarsenic vs. ToonyMan a night to work with really matters.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: October 18, 2009, 09:59:43 pm »

If it truly didn't matter, then you wouldn't be opposed to lynching Pandarsenic first.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: October 18, 2009, 10:11:33 pm »

Er... no.  That's not what I'm saying.

I mean "I don't see why a particular one of them getting a night to work with matters (if they are actually the scum), but I think it would be better to kill ToonyMan first, because I feel like we (in general) are more certain of his scumminess."

Essentially, I think it's more important to hit an actual scumball than it is to ensure that, if we are correct about the other partner, ToonyMan is the one stuck alone.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: October 18, 2009, 10:12:32 pm »

Good "morning" everyone. I see only one person here other than me is smart enough to distrust Leafsnail.

Having slept 13 hours, I'm now going to either go back to sleep or do some reading for my Poli Sci class, whose lectures I've skipped an entire straight week now, which is bad. ._.

Oh, and I need to write up a paper for a thing I'm going to be doing that I was supposed to do today but couldn't because I slept from 7 AM to 8 PM.

So yeah. Hot pocket, then back to sleep/work for me.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: October 18, 2009, 10:15:43 pm »

That's where is disagree with you, Vector. ToonyMan is not obvious at all. In fact, Pandarsenic is significantly more obvious than ToonyMan. Look at his behavior N3 and tell me it isn't scummy. I dare you.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: October 18, 2009, 10:20:08 pm »

That's where is disagree with you, Vector. ToonyMan is not obvious at all. In fact, Pandarsenic is significantly more obvious than ToonyMan. Look at his behavior N3 and tell me it isn't scummy. I dare you.

Why are you protecting him?  Pretty much no one has been attacking Pandarsenic... until now, when you've suddenly started it up.

Also, I'll go look.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: October 18, 2009, 10:24:16 pm »

And... I hardly see anything.

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: October 18, 2009, 11:14:27 pm »

And... I hardly see anything.

This is because you are either obvscum who got REALLY lucky or a townie that is hilariously bad to the point of being a complete tool. You think you're the obvious target for a DK? If only. I should vote you N5, consequences be damned, just because you are so scummy.

Spoiler: Wall of Text (click to show/hide)

That good enough, or should I skirt the rules and post why I know Pandarsenic can't be a Townie as well?

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: October 18, 2009, 11:18:00 pm »

That good enough, or should I skirt the rules and risk the entire town losing by modkills?

fixed ;D
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: October 18, 2009, 11:24:12 pm »

First off, I thought we weren't going to mention that whole mess again.

Second off, I still think I'm the obvious target for a DK.  Reasoning:

Need to leave Pandarsenic/ToonyMan alive, whichever one is left.
Need to leave Leafsnail alive, now that Pandarsenic has spread WIFOM absolutely everywhere, and no matter what his results are we can't exactly trust them
Should probably leave you alive, because for some reason there seems to be some sort of consensus about my towniness

Also, I don't really see why you're trusting Leafsnail so readily.  Maybe you're right.  Maybe you're wrong.  But you're talking about Leafsnail like you know he's town... which I don't trust.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: October 18, 2009, 11:29:15 pm »

... I'll admit that the part where he's still running around online and hasn't posted anything of worth over here is a bit suspicious.

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: October 18, 2009, 11:31:43 pm »

Also, I don't really see why you're trusting Leafsnail so readily.  Maybe you're right.  Maybe you're wrong.  But you're talking about Leafsnail like you know he's town... which I don't trust.

Since when was I trusting Leafsnail? This isn't about Leafsnail, or you for that matter. This is about Pandarsenic.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 41