Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 41

Author Topic: Not-so Beginner Mafia: End- Turn to walk away  (Read 59812 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Not-so Beginner Mafia: Night 4 Work while you work.
« Reply #435 on: October 17, 2009, 06:35:01 pm »

It's actually good that I got only town results, in a way - the only thing that would've been better would be inspecting both scum.  If I got 1 scum result and 1 town, I wouldn't know who the second scum was at all.

And what do you mean, not trusting cop claims at lylo?  I claimed now because I a) almost know who the scum are and b) know that being NK'd is no longer a real problem.

And what's with BOTH OF YOU buddying to Vector?  Yes, I have been accusing people of misusing such a fallacy before, but you're ruling out of him in the possible scum list smacks of trying to get at least one towny on your side.

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: October 17, 2009, 06:40:30 pm »

A question for you, ToonyMan:

If you are really town, WHY DO YOU THINK THE SCUM LEFT US BOTH ALIVE???

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: October 17, 2009, 06:42:17 pm »

I'm not buddying to him. I just don't see him following you so closely as Free Beer and I became convinced of his probable townie-osity in the past.

Here's what I think, Leafsnail. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I think there is no cop. I think you gambled on the lack of a cop to claim it yourself, and I think when we crack open your Scum Chat, we'll have a cute little idea of yours, that you'll claim cop and accuse your scum partner and a townie; you'll say you found everyone else to be town, and everyone else will nod their heads at this accurate result, because you know them to be town - because you're scum. And you'll point your finger and shout at the townie, but if you can't convince enough people that the townie is the scum, you'll say, "Fine, what about him?" and point to your backup, your scum partner. And when he gets lynched, tomorrow you kill one of the "confirmed" townies and crow about how you called it and the townie couldn't kill you or he would lend credibility to your arguments, despite how much WIFOM your death would create "if there was a Godfather." And then the town lynches me, and the town loses, and you laugh about how gullible we were.

Am I right?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: October 17, 2009, 06:45:02 pm »

Because I don't buy cop claims at Lylo, as a matter of course; the addition of you going by only Town results isn't helping.

I can certainly believe a team of you and Toony.

I would probably say any 2 of Leafsnail, ToonyMan, and Free Beer are the Mafia..

Find your favorite and convince us, then.  As it is, you're just saying "Anyone but me and Vector."  I'm a safe choice, because it seems like everyone thinks I'm town now... so you saying the same doesn't really matter.

This is ludicrous.  You aren't scum-hunting, you're trying to save your sorry hide.

This is what I think right now,

Free Beer/Leafsnail

or

Free Beer/Pandarsenic

Free Beer is scum either way and I am almost certain of his scumitude.

You'd do better by attacking Free Beer than you are by standing back and trying to deflect to anyone but yourself.  Nice retroactive Toony Tunnel, by the way.

Further, you two aren't doing a very good job of "saying why the other is scum."  Mostly, you're saying that they can be, but you don't know... interesting, yes?

Also, to the people talking about the oddity of Leafsnail's town inspections: wouldn't he do better by saying he investigated someone who turned up scum last night, while the other two results were town?

If I were scum claiming cop, this is how I'd do it...

1. Investigate Vector - town.  Safe because it seems like everyone thinks I'm town, now.
2. Investigate scum partner - town.
3. Investigate powerful townie - SCUM!!

In this case, I would have indicted Free Beer, because he's easily the most aggressive among us.  I think Leafsnail is right, but that we should lynch ToonyMan today rather than Pandarsenic.  Then I want to see who gets NK'd, because I'm pretty sure about ToonyMan being scum.

Also: yeah.  I may be weak to buddying, but both of you should cut it out and start trying harder to get someone killed.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: October 17, 2009, 06:46:15 pm »

Stop pairing me with Pandarsenic!
Also, I highly doubt Vector is scum after his reactions from Free Beer.

What, you mean you and Leafsnail or Pandarsenic?  The scum killed Org and Aliphioc (or whatever).  I don't know.  They liked to kill small talkers until Webadict.

I have a question for you!

Why do you think the scum left you alive?!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: October 17, 2009, 06:48:06 pm »

Vector, read my theory. I'm pretty sure of a Toony/Leafy team.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: October 17, 2009, 06:48:37 pm »

That is indeed possible, but Pandar, you don't just need to suggest an alternative - you have to tell us why that alternative is more likely than me being a cop who's found out the scum.  As I said, the more I think abouta Pandar/ Toony scumteam and read through the thread, the more it seems to make sense.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: October 17, 2009, 06:49:12 pm »

How's it make sense exactly?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: October 17, 2009, 06:49:52 pm »

They liked to kill small talkers until Webadict.

Webadict was a small talker in this game.

@Pandarsenic: I read your theory.

Also, Ninja'd by Leafsnail.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: October 17, 2009, 06:50:27 pm »

Oh yeah.  Webadict was small talking.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Not-so Beginner Mafia: Day 1.. well it's actually NIGHT but nm that.
« Reply #445 on: October 17, 2009, 07:10:44 pm »

Spoiler: Boomboom (click to show/hide)

Feel free to do this for me, Free Beer / Toony / Leafsnail, if you think I'm scum.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: October 17, 2009, 07:25:21 pm »

Stop pairing me with Pandarsenic!
Also, I highly doubt Vector is scum after his reactions from Free Beer.

What, you mean you and Leafsnail or Pandarsenic?  The scum killed Org and Aliphioc (or whatever).  I don't know.  They liked to kill small talkers until Webadict.

I have a question for you!

Why do you think the scum left you alive?!

I'll tell you why the scum left me alive, ToonyMan. It's for two reasons, really:
1. I was on to them on Day One. My first round of accusations was against Pandarsenic and Leafsnail. My second round of accusations was against Vector and ToonyMan. NKing me would have implicated both of them.
2. On Day Two, it seemed likely that they could push a Free Beer lynch, and they were more preoccupied with trying to find the Cop.

If you're town, then the fact that you are still alive right now is testament to the fact that I am town- the scum left you alive because your obsession with voting for me guarantees a town loss at LyLo. If I were scum, I'd have NK'd you D2 and reinforced my previous claim of "the scum are out to get me."

It does not escape notice that you completely ignored the possibility that I meant you and me when I said "both of us." It was the only possible way to interpret the sentence - I had addressed you, and did not mention anyone else. This is probably since I prefixed the question with "If you are really town," and since you knew you were scum the idea didn't register.

And if you're scum, then I also know Pandarsenic is scum. This is because of your behavior N2: When I went after Vector, you accused me of being scum on grounds that I went after Vector. When I went after Leafsnail, you accused me of being scum on grounds that I went after Leafsnail. When I went after you, you accused me of being scum on grounds that I didn't go after Pandarsenic. You told us everything, right then and there.

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: October 17, 2009, 11:39:12 pm »

To Pandarsenic:

You WoT has lots of information about Leafsnail, but very little information about you. I am not amused.

To ToonyMan:

You're online. You've been online for more than an hour. I know you have viewed this thread and seen my accusation from several hours ago. And you have decided to remain silent. I hope you realize how damning this is?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: October 17, 2009, 11:55:45 pm »

And I call bullshit on Leafsnail, because quite simply, I know myself to be town, so either one of the people he scanned is a Godfather, or as I believe, he's claiming Cop at Lylo so we execute the one mislynch that leads us to failure.

1. Your sentence structure tells me you're nervous.

2. I call bullshit on you.  If you're really sure about ToonyMan, why aren't you willing to go along with us and get him lynched?  We'd be down a scum that way, at the very least.  As it is, you're tangoing around, trying to get the person who may or may not be scum lynched.

You're scum, dude.  Down you go.

Folks, let's do this thing.  ToonyMan goes today, Pandarsenic tomorrow.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: October 18, 2009, 12:08:47 am »

To ToonyMan:

You're online. You've been online for more than an hour. I know you have viewed this thread and seen my accusation from several hours ago. And you have decided to remain silent. I hope you realize how damning this is?

Bring thou questions forth!

Also, everyone seems dead set on a ToonyMan/Pandarsenic lynch.  Is that what you want?  For town to lose?!  Heh.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 41