Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 41

Author Topic: Not-so Beginner Mafia: End- Turn to walk away  (Read 59827 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Not-so Beginner Mafia: Night 2. A Discovery!
« Reply #345 on: October 14, 2009, 09:59:20 am »

Well, while some people crack under pressure, it would seem that some people crack right in the midst of a rabid attack.  Unvote, vote Free Beer.

What the heck are you doing?  The calm, analytical Free Beer of Night 1 appears to have gone, and you are now throwing accusations round at random.  ANYONE who thinks ANYONE else is town is automatically scum, aren't they?  It's either "Defending" or "Buddying".  And why the heck did you do this thing of switching off me AGAIN?  What?  Do you think I'll be an easy lynch later on, while ToonyMan is more likely to get lynched today?  If I'm scum, and you still seem to think I am, why are you voting for the easier target rather than me?

Basically, you seem to just be conditioning people to be lynched later.  See BM2, with Pandarsenic's attacking of people, only to pull away if they seemed like an easy lynch for the next day.  After all, webadict thinks I'm scum, so you think I'm doomed to be lynched at some point, right?  So why attack a dead man today when you can kill someone else today and get me tomorrow?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 14, 2009, 10:23:20 am »

Well, while some people crack under pressure, it would seem that some people crack right in the midst of a rabid attack.  Unvote, vote Free Beer.

What the heck are you doing?  The calm, analytical Free Beer of Night 1 appears to have gone, and you are now throwing accusations round at random.  ANYONE who thinks ANYONE else is town is automatically scum, aren't they?  It's either "Defending" or "Buddying".  And why the heck did you do this thing of switching off me AGAIN?  What?  Do you think I'll be an easy lynch later on, while ToonyMan is more likely to get lynched today?  If I'm scum, and you still seem to think I am, why are you voting for the easier target rather than me?

Basically, you seem to just be conditioning people to be lynched later.  See BM2, with Pandarsenic's attacking of people, only to pull away if they seemed like an easy lynch for the next day.  After all, webadict thinks I'm scum, so you think I'm doomed to be lynched at some point, right?  So why attack a dead man today when you can kill someone else today and get me tomorrow?
He does appear to be overly aggressive, but I don't know if Free Beer would pull that stunt as mafia.

Yet.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 14, 2009, 10:32:58 am »

Seriously don't get why I'm messing up so badly in this one.

As per request:

Current count
Free Beer[3]: Toonyman, Pandarsenic, Leafsnail
Vector[1]: Org
Toonyman[2]: Vector, Free Beer
Leafsnail[1]: webadict,

Deadline: Thursday, 13th 11am EST

There, THAT should be accurate
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 11:13:22 am by dakarian »
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 14, 2009, 10:34:07 am »

Uh, I'm voting Free Beer.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 14, 2009, 11:07:45 am »

And I'm voting Leafsnail...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: October 14, 2009, 01:36:10 pm »

Alright, I'm back.  I'm going to do my first WOT (or whatever it's called) soon.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Not-so Beginner Mafia: Day 1.. well it's actually NIGHT but nm that.
« Reply #351 on: October 14, 2009, 02:38:40 pm »

I just did the ones were he voted, unvoted, or FoS someone.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, a nice big fat FoS on Pandarsenic and Org for like not being here.  And when they are, doing nothing really.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 14, 2009, 02:52:41 pm »

Hey. D:<

I'm here and pointing out that Free Beer is being a goddamn spaz. Doesn't that count for something?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 14, 2009, 03:01:25 pm »

You didn't say much except for quoting him.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 14, 2009, 03:17:20 pm »

I'm here and pointing out that Free Beer is being a goddamn spaz. Doesn't that count for something?

It counts for something, but I kind of feel like you and Org are not exactly playing.  This may be normal for Org, but it isn't really normal for you...

I mean, as far as I can tell we've got three potential scum up on the table and you're not really chipping in on your thoughts.  You're pointing out Free Beer writing a typo, but you aren't doing much but making little nudges.

UnvotePandarsenic, do you think ToonyMan is scum?  What about Leafsnail?  This is not a question to see if you're following Webadict, by the way.  I want your thoughts and reasoning.

As far as Free Beer goes, I think we could be on the right path... but I don't want to be too hasty in my judgments.  Frankly, I think my reasoning is being clouded by his pissing me off.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 14, 2009, 03:18:58 pm »

Oh, and Org.

Please answer those questions.  I reposted them for you, as you asked, and you didn't answer them.  This will now be the third time.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 14, 2009, 03:40:35 pm »

Oh, and Org.

Please answer those questions.  I reposted them for you, as you asked, and you didn't answer them.  This will now be the third time.
Yeah okay. Let me read the THREE PAGES BACK I JUST READS AGAIN.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Not-so Beginner Mafia: Day 1.. well it's actually NIGHT but nm that.
« Reply #357 on: October 14, 2009, 03:44:01 pm »

I just did the ones were he voted, unvoted, or FoS someone.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, a nice big fat FoS on Pandarsenic and Org for like not being here.  And when they are, doing nothing really.
Thats like the pot calling the kettle black.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 14, 2009, 05:00:39 pm »

It counts for something, but I kind of feel like you and Org are not exactly playing.  This may be normal for Org, but it isn't really normal for you...

I mean, as far as I can tell we've got three potential scum up on the table and you're not really chipping in on your thoughts.  You're pointing out Free Beer writing a typo, but you aren't doing much but making little nudges.

UnvotePandarsenic, do you think ToonyMan is scum?  What about Leafsnail?  This is not a question to see if you're following Webadict, by the way.  I want your thoughts and reasoning.

As far as Free Beer goes, I think we could be on the right path... but I don't want to be too hasty in my judgments.  Frankly, I think my reasoning is being clouded by his pissing me off.

Toony: Kind of? I'm still not certain how to account for the lack of a Toony Tunnel; earlier I disregarded it as him learning it isn't always (isn't often) useful, but it might mean he didn't want as much attention this time. Anyone with better memory, can you remind me whether he still Toony Tunnels if he's scum? Of course, I remain unconvinced either way, UNLESS he stops tunneling any time he's scum.

Leafsnail: If I thought he was scum, I'd have voted for him; if he flips scum, sure, in hindsight I'll look back on him and see all the scumtells in their proper light, but I just can't see it as I am now.

Free Beer, by contrast...

That one vote is obviously some sort of threshold, below which I'm not going to be able to get Vector to lose his composure and start talking. Interrogating Vector at this point is useless.

What the hell is this, Free Beer?

Just for reference, the typo isn't what made me realize Free Beer was scum - it was his desperate grasping at reasons to bounce his vote around, made obvious by the bullshit he's spewing in this quote.

I thought Free Beer's recklessness/aggression was a townie-ish-tell but I'm realizing now, it's not - he's imitating the Toony Tunnel to try to LOOK like hard-to-read town. And he gave himself away with his "vote threshold" tripe.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Not-so Beginner Mafia: Night 2. 1 Substitution needed.
« Reply #359 on: October 14, 2009, 05:12:13 pm »

@ORG

That really doesnt explain it.

Show up what?

What am I, deep-striking?

I'm voting you because I would like you to appear and generate posts with actual content.  You are not doing this.  You are jumping on a bandwagon and following Free Beer blindly.  Have anything to say about my arguments?  Have anything to say about other scum?  Have any questions for me?

Essentially, are you actually processing things, or are you just following Free Beer?

So... we need to find out who we're going to lynch.  I will request here that everyone posts a list of their opinions on everyone else.  It's time to do some deep thinking and figure out what's really happening.

And, a new question to go with the other ones.  If you think ToonyMan is scum, why are you voting for me... and why aren't you trying harder to oppose the Free Beer lynch?

Pandarsenic

Toony: Kind of? I'm still not certain how to account for the lack of a Toony Tunnel; earlier I disregarded it as him learning it isn't always (isn't often) useful, but it might mean he didn't want as much attention this time. Anyone with better memory, can you remind me whether he still Toony Tunnels if he's scum? Of course, I remain unconvinced either way, UNLESS he stops tunneling any time he's scum.

Leafsnail: If I thought he was scum, I'd have voted for him; if he flips scum, sure, in hindsight I'll look back on him and see all the scumtells in their proper light, but I just can't see it as I am now.

Free Beer, by contrast...

That one vote is obviously some sort of threshold, below which I'm not going to be able to get Vector to lose his composure and start talking. Interrogating Vector at this point is useless.

What the hell is this, Free Beer?

Just for reference, the typo isn't what made me realize Free Beer was scum - it was his desperate grasping at reasons to bounce his vote around, made obvious by the bullshit he's spewing in this quote.

I thought Free Beer's recklessness/aggression was a townie-ish-tell but I'm realizing now, it's not - he's imitating the Toony Tunnel to try to LOOK like hard-to-read town. And he gave himself away with his "vote threshold" tripe.

Yeah, I'll agree.  I posted some of my crazier things even after I only had two votes, IIRC.  The various things I've collected about his behavior as he attacked me are too numerous and small to really warrant posting at this point, but I'm thinking we've caught our first scum.

There's something else that I think warrants asking... but right now, I'll leave it.  It largely depends on Free Beer's response to all this.

Unvote.

What do you have to say about the allegations that have been made against you, Free Beer?

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 41