Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 41

Author Topic: Not-so Beginner Mafia: End- Turn to walk away  (Read 59714 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Not-so Beginner Mafia: Day 1.. well it's actually NIGHT but nm that.
« Reply #105 on: October 06, 2009, 03:41:59 pm »

Leafsnail, why did you defend Pandarsenic when I voted him? And why did you react so strongly to ToonyMan's accusations toward you, both then and now? Is his opinion of you really so important?
I didn't really react strongly to him on either occasion.
And good evening to you too, Toony.  Anti-FoS for behaving just as you normally do.
Can't say I can see the logic behind this, but whatever.  Actually, you seem to be a bit less focused on one player than usual, which is weird, but probably good from a town perspective.

The main reason is because, well, ignoring an accusation of you and trying to stay under the radar isn't helpful from a town perspective.  It's far better to put out your arguments and thoughts than to simply stand back like a meek lamb and do nothing at all.  Yes, perhaps one random vote on me isn't important, but it would be better if we can band together and find scum.

Also, you seem to be forgetting the background behind you voting Pandarsenic - you only did it because he didn't seize on something I said, partly as a joke, in the random vote stage.  It didn't seem to make much sense as an accusation - especially since scum defending each other is actually fairly rare, rare to the point of defending someone (slightly) being a null tell.  A scum player is more likely to distance himself from his partner, or perhaps even kick him as he falls to avoid drawing suspicion to himself.

Vote remains on Org, again, for making a post that contained nothing but a bandwagon on an easy target.  It could be lazy town, I suppose, but it's certainly not helpful.
How so? I answered Pandar's questions, gave my suspiscions, and voted for who I thought could be scum, and I gave reasons why.

Exkirby, what reason do you have of jumping on THE BANDWAGON FOR ME?!!11!!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 06, 2009, 03:49:42 pm »

So long as you don't accuse me of bandwagoning... and as soon as I get one accusation, I'm swinging my vote back.

Unvote vote Org.

Well, ok.  This is still a null tell though.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 06, 2009, 04:56:39 pm »

exkirby: i thought thaat you where a newb townie until this:

So long as you don't accuse me of bandwagoning... and as soon as I get one accusation, I'm swinging my vote back.

Unvote vote Org.

to me it SCREAMS of scum. Voting but saying that if it is against a townie then it's not your fault? dont vote if you are not sure that the person you are voting for is scum.

Exkirby you, sir, are scum!

P.S. i removed and rebandaged my hand and can kind of use it to type :)
Back to Mafia with me!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 06, 2009, 04:59:27 pm »

Wait, no no no Diakron.  If he were to be scum or town it would be in his best interest to live.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 06, 2009, 05:05:42 pm »

ExKirby strikes me as feigning inexperience, but even looking through his past posts I can't really make a proper analysis.
There's a chance, of course, that he voted himself in an attempt to draw suspicion away from himself, as ridiculous as it sounds.
 "Well, obviously mafia will never vote for themselves!"
He's either quite clever, or extremely newb-ish. As it stands, the only way for him to -not- get lynched is to vote for Org or make an effort to keep the votes tied. The latter option is unlikely to succeed, so the first is the 'best' way to keep himself safe.

Switching to Org suddenly seems like a bandwagon, and a poor attempt to save himself. If he did suddenly vote for Org, we'd point it out, even though it may be his only 'honest' choice. If he's really a townie trying to save himself, that is.

However, if he votes himself, he ultimately breaks the tie and effectively lynches himself. At least, that is until a 'more experienced' player points out that such an action is anti-town, unless he's scum. Under such advice, he'll switch his vote to the only one that lets him survive — Org — and escape the suspicion that would've came with such an act had he switched earlier.

Or, of course, there's always the chance that he's a newb. He's tried to host several mafia games in the past though, so I'm not too sure about this.

Admittedly, Org lurks a lot, and his posts up to this point have been minimally constructive, so FoS on him.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 06, 2009, 05:07:06 pm »

please expand on that for me toony.
Back to Mafia with me!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 06, 2009, 05:16:53 pm »

please expand on that for me toony.

OK, very simple question.

What would you do in ExKirby's postion at this point?

He was going to get lynched if he didn't vote Org, right?  Explain to me what you would do at that point besides voting Org and saving yourself.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 06, 2009, 05:21:48 pm »

i would of kept my mouth shut about voting myself in the first place so as not to look so scummy

FoS Toony you are not acting yourself and defending another player...
Back to Mafia with me!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 06, 2009, 05:28:30 pm »

i would of kept my mouth shut about voting myself in the first place so as not to look so scummy

You can't go back in the past, it's too late now.  WHAT WOULD YOU DO?  You would vote Org, right?  I'm just saying this because your logic is flawed.  I still think ExKirby is scum mind you.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 06, 2009, 05:29:33 pm »

You can't go back in the past, it's too late now.  WHAT WOULD YOU DO?  You would vote Org, right?  I'm just saying this because your logic is flawed.  I still think ExKirby is scum mind you.

i'll accept that you may have a point on this.
Back to Mafia with me!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 06, 2009, 05:33:37 pm »

ExKirby strikes me as feigning inexperience, but even looking through his past posts I can't really make a proper analysis.
There's a chance, of course, that he voted himself in an attempt to draw suspicion away from himself, as ridiculous as it sounds.
 "Well, obviously mafia will never vote for themselves!"
He's either quite clever, or extremely newb-ish. As it stands, the only way for him to -not- get lynched is to vote for Org or make an effort to keep the votes tied. The latter option is unlikely to succeed, so the first is the 'best' way to keep himself safe.

Switching to Org suddenly seems like a bandwagon, and a poor attempt to save himself. If he did suddenly vote for Org, we'd point it out, even though it may be his only 'honest' choice. If he's really a townie trying to save himself, that is.

However, if he votes himself, he ultimately breaks the tie and effectively lynches himself. At least, that is until a 'more experienced' player points out that such an action is anti-town, unless he's scum. Under such advice, he'll switch his vote to the only one that lets him survive — Org — and escape the suspicion that would've came with such an act had he switched earlier.

Or, of course, there's always the chance that he's a newb. He's tried to host several mafia games in the past though, so I'm not too sure about this.

Admittedly, Org lurks a lot, and his posts up to this point have been minimally constructive, so FoS on him.

What? Ive been talking more, btw. Also, while I seem scummy due to lurking, look at ExKirby for God Emperor's sake! He has changed his vote 5 times in a Day Period. If Vote jumping doesnt seem scummy, then we might as well not vote him. He has played more than just a round of Mafia, you know,

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 06, 2009, 06:19:24 pm »

The entire first 3 paragraphs of my post were about why ExKirby is scum. I just FoS'd you because none of your posts were very helpful; mind you, I'm not saying that you're scum. Just... more likely to be scum.

That reeks of scumminess, though; deflecting onto ExKirby. Right now you're set to be lynched. I don't really care which of you goes down; ExKirby is all but confirmed scum, and you're (at the least) very suspicious.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 06, 2009, 06:21:04 pm »

I can, indeed, read. Its that last part. I, since renoticing this thread, have tried to scumhunt. I guess this is what I get for trying to not lurk.

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 06, 2009, 08:17:32 pm »

To Leafsnail: You make a few good points. And now I've got bigger fish to fry, so Unvote...

Dude.  ExKirby.  It was all tied up before you voted for yourself.  If you want Org dead that badly, move your vote over and kill 'im.  This is not hard.

...Vector. It's Vector and ToonyMan.

1. The two haven't actually directly addressed each other even once in this thread.
2. They are now coordinated in their efforts to get Org lynched (presumably since ExKirby will be an easy lynch on D2).
3. Thus, they must be communicating privately.
4. Therefore, they are both scum.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 06, 2009, 08:21:14 pm »

I will voice my suspicions.

Nihilist Guy(spelling)

ExKirby
Toony

I am honestly suspicious.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 41