Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 41

Author Topic: Not-so Beginner Mafia: End- Turn to walk away  (Read 59749 times)

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Not-so Beginner Mafia: Day 1.. well it's actually NIGHT but nm that.
« Reply #360 on: October 14, 2009, 06:13:32 pm »

1. At least ToonyMan is serious now. That's all I wanted, really. Observe:
ToonyMan, you're spewing BS. Check back in the thread. I posted a nice big summary of my accusations against you several pages back. I've added another to the list when I voted you.

BS is anti-town. If you are town, then cut it out and get serious. Otherwise, prepare to die.

2. This is important, remember it: As I pointed out way, way back at the beginning of the Night, a Free Beer lynch is on the scum agenda. I expect both scum to be on me right about now. That's not very helpful, since it's four people, but I think we can narrow it down tomorrow.

Spoiler: Reply to WoT: (click to show/hide)

Reply to Pandarsenic:
What the hell is this, Free Beer?

All I said was that Vector isn't going to lose his composure and start talking unless he's got votes on him (which is quite reasonable). I presented evidence suggesting that the magic number is 3. At the time that I moved off Vector, he had only two votes on him.

Reply to Leafsnail:
What the heck are you doing?  The calm, analytical Free Beer of Night 1 appears to have gone, and you are now throwing accusations round at random.  ANYONE who thinks ANYONE else is town is automatically scum, aren't they?  It's either "Defending" or "Buddying".  And why the heck did you do this thing of switching off me AGAIN?  What?  Do you think I'll be an easy lynch later on, while ToonyMan is more likely to get lynched today?  If I'm scum, and you still seem to think I am, why are you voting for the easier target rather than me?

I was never calm, nor was I analytical. And considering the fact that my IDing two townies in Vote Mafia 3 was valid evidence used to catch me, I'd say buddying IS a scumtell.

Basically, you seem to just be conditioning people to be lynched later.  See BM2, with Pandarsenic's attacking of people, only to pull away if they seemed like an easy lynch for the next day.

From same BM2, I also point out Pandarsenic's encouragement of major_sephiroth to attack me, and his repeated unvoting of major_sephiroth - buddying. Half the people in Dead Chat, and at least one surviving townie, thought it was major_sephiroth/Pandarsenic because of this. We were right about Pandarsenic, and wrong about major_sephiroth. My behavior in this game is only the extension of the principle - attack people who buddy up, because it's a scumtell.

After all, webadict thinks I'm scum, so you think I'm doomed to be lynched at some point, right?  So why attack a dead man today when you can kill someone else today and get me tomorrow?

No, webadict think's it's you/ToonyMan, so putting pressure on you and checking ToonyMan's response would be a good way to measure if webadict is correct.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Not-so Beginner Mafia: Night 2. A Discovery!
« Reply #361 on: October 14, 2009, 07:00:26 pm »

It was my first WOT, I kinda summarized it too much.  Although, putting pressure on someone by voting them and immediately switching isn't putting pressure, more of like a nudge to move them in a direction.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 14, 2009, 07:28:12 pm »

Current count
Free Beer[4]: Toonyman, Pandarsenic, Leafsnail, Vector
Vector[1]: Org
Toonyman[1]: Free Beer
Leafsnail[1]: webadict,

Not Voting: None

Deadline: Thursday, 13th 11am EST

Near deadline:  Will accept a request to extend if 2 people request it with no objections.

50% of town reached:  Will accept a request to shorten or end day if 3 people request with no objections.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 14, 2009, 07:45:47 pm »

It was my first WOT, I kinda summarized it too much.  Although, putting pressure on someone by voting them and immediately switching isn't putting pressure, more of like a nudge to move them in a direction.

..and back to the BS. Unfortunate. At least we got one moment of clarity out of you.

[...]I will Unvote and vote Leafsnail.

So, Leafsnail. Convince us you aren't scum. Go ahead.
[...]But I'm more interested in ToonyMan, so I'll stop hitting Leafsnail for now. Unvote.

ToonyMan[...]

I was on Leafsnail for about 21 and a half hours. And I got reactions from all the people I was interested in. Both of these are the very much not  "instantly."

MOD: I vote for a Day Shortening, to Midnight EST.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 14, 2009, 07:48:05 pm »

I was talking about the Pandarsenic vote.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 14, 2009, 07:50:37 pm »

Why?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 14, 2009, 07:55:58 pm »

I was talking about the Pandarsenic vote.

That's even worse:
Unvote. Vote Pandarsenic.
Leafsnail, why did you defend Pandarsenic when I voted him?

I was on him for about 31 hours and 15 minutes.

Why?

Refer to Beginner's Mafia 1. Day 2 was extremely long and drawn out, and by the end all the townspeople had stopped caring. I don't want that to happen here.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 14, 2009, 08:40:22 pm »

Huh. Free Beer has made one valid point: nobody is looking at webadict, which is... not good.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 14, 2009, 08:48:21 pm »

Huh. Free Beer has made one valid point: nobody is looking at webadict, which is... not good.
I know. I've been sitting here in this corner and nobody has been noticing. Weird, huh? You'd think somebody would say something, but you're all so busy being dumb.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 14, 2009, 09:07:35 pm »

... >_>

I was thinking about it.

Webadict is not exactly playing town.  As such, I say we lynch 'im.

So.

Unvote.

Webadict.

Free Beer may look like ridiculously aggressive scum, but based on his behavioral pattern I'm going with "jerk town" over "mastermind."  As it is, Webadict is either

1. Not very invested in this game at all (uncommon behavior)

2. Going through Big Life Changes such that his hubris has evaporated (probability: vanishingly small) and he suddenly doesn't care whether or not we follow his instructions

3. Scum.  (probability: 2/7, chosen randomly)

I think it's 3.

Care to argue, Uncle Webby?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 14, 2009, 09:38:26 pm »

1 request to shorten acknoledged.  Need 2 more requests with no objections to shorten.

Note, given that the shortening is for midnight, if the requests are made after midnight, it will result in the day ending.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 14, 2009, 10:32:42 pm »

Good lord. I can't tell if webadict is baiting scum as town, town as scum, or town as town just to enforce the suspect-everyone attitude.

Is there anyone here we've not been paying attention to?

1. Webadict, who replaces Diakron
2. Pandarsenic
3. Toonyman
4. Leafsnail
5. Free Beer
6. ExKirby
7. Org
8. Apostolic Nihilist
9. Vector

So other than that nobody seems to be taking Org seriously and we haven't really taken a good hard look at web, nobody is sneaking below the radar. Okay.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 14, 2009, 10:40:59 pm »

I honestly think Standard Webadict would not put up with our almost lynching Free Beer if he thought Free Beer were town.  He has his scum marks, he's being cautious, etc.  We should lynch him.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 14, 2009, 10:46:01 pm »

Holy shit.

I honestly think Standard Webadict would not put up with our almost lynching Free Beer if he thought Free Beer were town.

This.

If he thought Free Beer was town, he'd be screaming at us to unvote. If he thought Free Beer was scum, he'd vote with us. I he wasn't sure, he'd interrogate him.

Webadict, care to refute?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 15, 2009, 12:15:45 am »

Holy shit.

I honestly think Standard Webadict would not put up with our almost lynching Free Beer if he thought Free Beer were town.

This.

If he thought Free Beer was town, he'd be screaming at us to unvote. If he thought Free Beer was scum, he'd vote with us. I he wasn't sure, he'd interrogate him.

Webadict, care to refute?
Psh. I'm still on the fence with him. I believe him to be town, but only to a certain extent. Sure, I can yell at you guys to stop bickering, but then can I really read what you think if I'm standing there watching over you?

Nah. I'm just looking at what you're saying. I'm gonna play like this for now. Mostly because it's easy when you're not feeling very argumentative right now (Sometimes you're just all yelled out.) Plus, I like to be random, in case you find that when I play as scum, I'm not acting myself. I act how I want to act.

So, yeah. I've told you why I think Leafsnail is scum. You don't wanna listen, that's cool. More death for all the town and what-not. We could try not being morons, too.

Like Pandarsenic using Vector's claim to vote me. Vector I'm pretty sure to be town, so great, he's looking. Pandarsenic, however, did not look. He just saw and added. Bandwagon, if you must. No scum is likely to attack me first. But they certainly will jump onto a town's claim.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 41