Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia 3: It all ends in silence.  (Read 43237 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 3: It all ends in silence.
« Reply #360 on: October 13, 2009, 11:45:33 pm »

After reading that, wow. You really did play us. Dr. Johbson had it right, and you were scummy. Hrmm. You totally outthought me there, with the Apostolic killing. Lesson learned. Never stop being suspicious, even if it seems extremely unlikely. Hey, Web, can I ask, did we put up a good job, for newbies?
Yes. You got the part about backing up your claims with whatever information was available. The only part you'll need to remember is to never EVER stop being suspicious of people. That was the town's only mistake.

Oh, and you should've lynched me Day 4. When faced with a gamble like that, you're better off taking it. ESPECIALLY if it's me. I, like Mephansteras, can talk my way out of a frying pan surrounded by Cannibals. I can't come back from the dead, though, and I certainly can't kill.

Also, Dead Chat = Sweet. Haha... I was laughing as I was going through it. I was oving how the town was dreading the whole thing when it got to Day 3, and then more when it got to Day 4.

And yes, it was a bad ending. But I had to end it somehow.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 13, 2009, 11:48:13 pm »

Heh. Well, that definately did get me. You were the only one smart enough to FOS your own scumbuddy then throw a bandwagon his way when things turned bad. Man. If I hadn't just tried to go for you tomorrow, gah. Also, I totally got way too excited. Feel like I cost the town the game. Oh well.

Web, your a monster. A absolute monster. I've seen you stop the town by simply yelling at them, and save them, and now, well gosh. Your good.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 13, 2009, 11:51:51 pm »

The IC system here was used in the same manner as Mafiascum.  That is, although they are there to teach, this is a real game for them and they should do whatever they should to win it like everyone else.

Thus, bussing Eduren was sensible, especially since it teaches people that simply looking for the person that bandwagons and 'helps their scumbuddy' doesn't always work.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 13, 2009, 11:54:12 pm »

Heh. Well, that definately did get me. You were the only one smart enough to FOS your own scumbuddy then throw a bandwagon his way when things turned bad. Man. If I hadn't just tried to go for you tomorrow, gah. Also, I totally got way too excited. Feel like I cost the town the game. Oh well.

Web, your a monster. A absolute monster. I've seen you stop the town by simply yelling at them, and save them, and now, well gosh. Your good.
You didn't throw the game. I threw the game at you and it ricocheted. I was gambling the heck out of it.

And this game is fairly psychological. You have to outguess your opponent. And as town, you have an additional goal to guess your opponent.

I outguessed everyone. That is all.

The IC system here was used in the same manner as Mafiascum.  That is, although they are there to teach, this is a real game for them and they should do whatever they should to win it like everyone else.

Thus, bussing Eduren was sensible, especially since it teaches people that simply looking for the person that bandwagons and 'helps their scumbuddy' doesn't always work.
Yes, I suppose. I pushed him too hard and that kinda got him lynched though.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 3: Day 6 - Please don't cry, it shall all be over soon.
« Reply #364 on: October 13, 2009, 11:56:54 pm »

Anyhow, sorry eduren. I was a bad teacher.
Yes, I suppose. I pushed him too hard and that kinda got him lynched though.
Naw man, its fine. I jumped way too much and paid the price. Plus if you listen to Vector in DC, he was always gunning for me, so it was a matter of time.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 14, 2009, 01:24:24 am »

webadict is...yikes. Looking at these 'beginners' games, I can't see behaviour variation.(Perhaps my gain's too low, or the IC behaviour is drowning them. Apostolic seemed to get a perfect Inspiration Particle hit.)..aside from the posting frequency, which takes a bit more dedication to spot.

Also, props to Dakarian for the writing, though...running out of ammo? Dakarian? Seriously?
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 14, 2009, 01:34:34 am »

To get in the habit, EBWOP: When's next? Though, now I can say with confidence an answer to one of the usual motive-hunt questions.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 14, 2009, 03:15:05 am »

Web, do you have any idea how lucky you are?
I investigated you and BAM! Dead.  >:(

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 14, 2009, 09:05:21 am »

Well, hell.  ;D

Almost obvious if I read the last two days. I should have re-read those too..

Ah well, I had fun and I learnt stuff. Like, to never, ever let go of my suspicions if I keep seeing evidence to renew them.  :P

Had to be so scummy, didn't you Stefan. :P

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 14, 2009, 10:03:55 am »

Web, do you have any idea how lucky you are?
I investigated you and BAM! Dead.  >:(
What do you THINK I was aiming for?

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 14, 2009, 11:45:44 am »

I just realized something.

I'm running around in too many games.

I'm hosting in technically 3 (since Parallel is 2 games in one), playing in 2 and this one only JUST ended.  I was wondering why I'm making mistakes left and right on some of them.. I think I'm overloaded.  Also, a big reason why I can track what I can is due to me being away from work for the past two weeks.  Next week I'll be back to working 2nd shift.

As such, I might have to ask someone else to run the next Beginner.  Otherwise, I'll have to wait until a few other games die down.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 14, 2009, 12:58:16 pm »

I would, but I feel otherwise engaged in my many mafias. Perhaps later.

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 14, 2009, 04:24:35 pm »

Did you know I was cop or was it luck?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 14, 2009, 05:01:59 pm »

Lucky guess... He seemed to want proof of who to lynch. That's why. Noob Cops tend to do that.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 14, 2009, 05:36:26 pm »

Did you know I was cop or was it luck?
I looked at a post:

I thought he wouldn't cope well under pressure for the simple reason of how he types. Basically, in text language. This to me says that they may be quite young, and if so, quite easy to anger. And I presumed you thought similar, or had some possibility in your head.

Another thing for this point is that he could be using text language because they are short on time, which means they would have to post without too much time to think about what is happening.  This would mean that Diakron could just be annoyed town though. See the Jetsquirrel situation in Beginner's Mafia 2.

Even without that little bit of stuff, we still have this:
Diakron why the heat on the newbies? Its not very nice you know!

its the RVS and i feel that the newbies are being left out of my favorite part of the game /sarcasm off

don't worry your next stefan
The obvious sarcasm and the last line suggest that Diakron is easily annoyed. Because he got random voted, he threatened tehstefan.

In summary, it is easily proven that Diakron is easily annoyed, hence why I'd think you are scum if he turns town. Not too strongly though, so don't be worried.  You seem town because you are doing some genuine scumhunting.

Is that enough explanation?
And it felt like you wanted proof. I dunno why, but I felt like you'd be best bet.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27