Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia 3: It all ends in silence.  (Read 43304 times)

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 3: Day 5 - "We're still going!?"
« Reply #285 on: October 09, 2009, 07:38:20 pm »

Redwarrior0, Townie, has been killed in the night.

Yes, 5 days and nights = writer out of ammo :P

Survivors:

Tehstefan
Dr. Johbson
Apostolic Nihilist
Webadict

Deadline: Tuesday, 13th, 11am EST
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 3: Day 5. Curse of the tired writer.
« Reply #286 on: October 09, 2009, 07:46:43 pm »

We are officially in Lylo.

Now.  We are confronted with two choices.

One, we lynch Webadict. There had been several good reasons to do this, he's an IC, he's led most the attacks on townies, and he's a prime NK target. This does add up to a lot.

The problem, of course, is that deal we made. The mafia could be playing us if we lynch him, expecting us to do that. So, we can't rush into the kill. However, we have to think, could he be doing this?

So, Webadict, I have to ask, who are your scum choices, why are they those, and why aren't you a good lynch?
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 09, 2009, 08:47:38 pm »

tehstefan, you are dirty scum.

You jumped on the Diakron bandwagon and killed an innocent townie. I thought you were going to NK Johbson, but you went after the inactive player, which surprised me.

You could've lynched me and tried to frame webadict, but I suppose such an elementary ploy was too risky. Rather, you needed someone who you were sure would lynch webadict with you; that person was me.

Arguably, webadict is still suspicious (voting Diakron in the first place, for one...), but he's done everything a townie would do. You, on the other hand...

Let's assume you're scum, and you've voted for Diakron.

Here are your NK options:

NK Apostolic Nihilist. You lose someone who was almost certainly going to lynch webadict today.

NK webadict. When he flips town, you have to convince the remaining players that one of them is scum. You'd probably target redwarrior, but this is inherently risky.

NK Johbson. He flips town. You're left with someone who is definitely going to lynch webadict, a player who abandoned the game, and webadict. All you have to do is side with Apostolic Nihilist (me) and vote webadict, then kill him off at night. Pretty much perfect, unless I go against my word.

NK redwarrior. This is what you did. You lynched an inactive player (Why? I'm not sure. Maybe you wanted to frame webadict even more. One of my past theories was that he got rid of Eduren early on because having a game where both ICs were scum was too 'hard' for a beginner game. Lynching the inactive player would give the remaining players a chance, something that an IC should do, right?). This ultimately means that you have 3 alive people to figure out what just happened. Fortunately one of those people seems to be going after webadict blindly; if you side with him, the worst that can happen is a tie, and then you can take out another one of us tonight. Tomorrow there'll be 3 people, one of them will be webadict. You'll side with me again, we'll lynch him, he'll flip town, then you'll kill me in the night. A perfect mafia victory.

TEHSTEFAN, YOU WILL BE DEAD BY THE END OF TODAY, DIRTY MAFIA SCUM.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 09, 2009, 10:20:59 pm »

Your calling me scum, yet you only go by my possible actions, not what I've been doing. Why not back up your accusation with facts, rather than yelling at me in all caps? That strategy could go just as well with you, considering you have it all plotted out. In fact, its more suspicous of you to spend so much time plotting how to win, instead of accusing me based on past actions. Perhaps we were wrong, and you really are scum. Already accusing me baselessly, hoping to get a quick lynch. Nice try, scum.

Apostolic Nihilist Why not prove me wrong by giving some substantial reasons, instead of baseless conjecture?
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 09, 2009, 10:22:22 pm »

EBWOP: Also, I have beef with the fact you already went back on your word. You want to lynch Webadict, but all the sudden, now I'm the scum? I find it hilarious that your so fickle scum.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 09, 2009, 10:48:23 pm »

Hardly. I didn't intend to lynch webadict; that was a ploy to draw out scum, and it worked. Now you're desperately trying to salvage your rapidly sinking plan by directing everyone at me.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 09, 2009, 10:57:29 pm »

A ploy. Right. Honestly every post you make makes you simply look worse and worse, grasping at straws trying to lynch me. You have yet to answer my question. How about you do that before you start accusing me of scumhood?

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 09, 2009, 11:04:57 pm »

I'm in the process of doing that right now. I'll have a post up in half an hour to an hour explaining why you're scum, just wait. It took a while to scan through 20 pages but some interesting patterns shone through.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 3: Day 1. Was the bed comfy?
« Reply #293 on: October 09, 2009, 11:20:31 pm »

Redwarrior, I must ask, whats the reason for asking that question? It does seem rather loaded.

This was one of your first posts.  Two people had pointed out this behaviour before you; there are plenty more important things to do than badger someone who's already being badgered. This is a null tell, as you're just following the crowd, but that's a mistake in itself.

Actually, that makes you more townie in my eyes. You didn't try and futz around the issue, you stated plainly what you would do, and it made sense. Best of all, you didn't seem to lie, so that's points for you.

This is obviously just an early attempt at buddying.

Sooo....since he's leaving, best start scumhunting again. Leads me to this question, what reads are you getting, and why?

I've gotten two reads I'm confident enough on sharing right now,

Vector: Agressive, pushing, both to me are good town tells, even if you tend to tunnelvision.

Webadict: So far, I'm leaning town on him, he tends to be pretty good about being helpful, and scumhunting.

Less strongly,

Dr Johnson: I like how he didn't dodge the question, and answered them all, even if he was a bit dodgy at first. Leaning town on him, if only somewhat.

The rest, I haven't gotten enough on, so Major Sephiroth, whats your opinion on things now?

No mention of Eduren. Gee, isn't that strange? Looking back, you haven't mentioned him at all yet. Not once. Distancing yourself from your partner, perhaps?

Vote Count:

ExKirby[2]: Eduren, , Tehstefan
RedWarrior0[2]:Dr. Johbson, Daikron
Diakron[2]:, Vector, Webadict
Webadict[1]: Criptfeind

Not voting: Major_Sephiroth, Jetsquirrel, ExKirby, RedWarrior0,

Deadline: Today at 11am EST

There are less than 10 hours left.

Yet suspiciously, you both came to the same conclusion regarding ExKirby! Actually, this was a bandwagon on your part, you just re-used Eduren's argument without quoting him or mentioning his name.

You bring up a good point, he is not contributing much. Eduren, why not give us some analyze of the posts so far, and who's on your scum list? We could do with a scent to track right now.

This was your first communication with him throughout the entire game. I wouldn't be surprised if one of you realized, "Hey, maybe completely avoiding each other up until page 11 was pretty strange! We better at least acknowledge each other!"

How many votes to lynch guys?

In any case, I'm not so sure Eduren is scum. My problem is that it seems a bit too, well easy. He's an IC, surely he wouldn't be be so silly as to expose himself so soon? Perhaps its just me, but this seems far too quick for my liking.

As to the question Eduren asked me, I get a feeling that he's actually town, he blew up far too easily, if he were scum, he'd try and cool down, not go nuclear like that. Just my two cents on this issue.

And Exkirby, I have a question. Who do you think are scum and why? I don't think I've seen you contribute one thing to this discussion, so hearing why you believe Eduren to be lynch worthy would be interesting.

Unvote

Diakron: Your actions Day 1 definitely seemed scummy as already shown by Vector. I think that you got off easy with your outburst.

Tehstefan: You are going after a confirmed absentee(ist?)(I would'nt call it lurking since he's never on). This is a safe move because your questions are only answered sparingly and can be easily lost in the intervening noise. What do you think of Diakron? Frustrated townie or overly defensive mafia?

Criptfeind: You basically did what Web told you to do. Unless I see some original thinking, I will be forced to investigate further. What do you think of Diakron? Frustrated townie or overly defensive mafia?

Web: Trying to off your competition I see. Everyone, there is a large possibility that he is targeting the most experienced first, in order to lead his flock of newbies off a cliff. If he hasn't manipulated you all into a lynch then look for me to die tonight.

Vector: You seemed confident in lynching Diakron Day 1. Has his outburst changed your view of him or something? If he is still scum in your mind, why have you held off on voting him today?

I will get to everybody else in the morning.

Looking over my thoughts, I'm going to give webadict a chance to respond. But if it isn't to my liking I will vote you.

He FoS's you with little reason. Criptfeind blindly followed Web; at least you were trying to find scum on your on. Going after the inactive players is strange, sure, but not as strange as following the crowd. Eduren messed up here; he realized the lack of communication between you two was going to end up lynching one or both of you, eventually. He tries to make everyone think, "I've been watching him all along, you see!" by emblazoning a blue FoS onto you.

EBWOP: Also, you know telling us about your meta data might have been useful beforehand, not just right now? Its kind of important to tell us everything you know about the target.
Vote: Eduren

I find your lack of helpfulness disconcerting, you hardly have given any sort of advice, you've been active lurking, I've failed to see you scum hunt at all, and when you do, you give no reasons for it.

Also, I say Diakron is town, in my post, yet I'm blindly following him when he says to kill him? I fail to see how your arguement holds up in this regard!

Now, this was the final vote cast on Eduren. You realized he was going down, and you panicked. You did one of the worst things possible — you jumped on the bandwagon. The only worse thing you could've done would've been to outright defend him.

Also, here you think that Diakron is town. After Eduren is lynched, you change your opinion around and say his behaviour was suspicious, bandwagoning with webadict.

Webadict, from what I've seen, I highly doubt you just bussed your scum buddy so soon in the game. So, as far as one can be, your townie. Doesn't mean I won't be watching you, but good catch with Eduren.

Now, as for our next target, perhaps it'd be good to look back on the thread, and watch whats happening.

Jetsquirrel who is the other scum in your opinion? We haven't heard from you at all lately.

Now you're trying to buddy up with web. It's just you now, your scum buddy is gone, you need to gain someone's trust. Webadict calls you out on this strange behaviour a few posts later.

Hmm. My only problem with that, is of course, the mafia. Its never good to try and give ultimatums, because, the mafia can read them. If I agree, and the mafia see's that, they they know, they don't have to NK him, they can just nk someone else, and let the town lynch him. Sure, its somewhat of a WIFOM, but now that its out in the open, we can't do it. I will put harsh suspicion on him, but I won't guarantee a lynch. That'd just be bad for the town.

This was your last post of importance. You tell me, "Hey, you shouldn't say anything for sure, I mean, the mafia will use it to their advantage!"
Your plan, of course, hinged on me keeping to my word. "Now that it's out in the open, we can't do it."

"EBWOP: Also, I have beef with the fact you already went back on your word. You want to lynch Webadict, but all the sudden, now I'm the scum? I find it hilarious that your so fickle scum."

Uh, you just told me that we can't follow that plan. Captain, what am I supposed to do?!  ???

You're clearly the one grasping at straws, here, contradicting yourself left and right.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 09, 2009, 11:22:57 pm »

WHAT. THE. FLIP!

Okay, as much as pointing fingers is awesome and will lead us to nowhere, we've got one GOOD option. That's No Lynching. That way, scum kills and we're down to a REAL lylo (I thought we had 7 people yesterday?)

When we get to 3 people, it's much easier to find scum. But, I'll comment right now:

We are officially in Lylo.

Now.  We are confronted with two choices.

One, we lynch Webadict. There had been several good reasons to do this, he's an IC, he's led most the attacks on townies, and he's a prime NK target. This does add up to a lot.

The problem, of course, is that deal we made. The mafia could be playing us if we lynch him, expecting us to do that. So, we can't rush into the kill. However, we have to think, could he be doing this?

So, Webadict, I have to ask, who are your scum choices, why are they those, and why aren't you a good lynch?
I had my scum choices... And they were all wrong. I thought it had to be RedWarrior0. He was the only one I didn't have a good enough read on.

My only question is why was RedWarrior0 killed? He was inactive and wouldn't affect the game in any way possible. I probably would've gone for him, as well. There's no way.

WHY WAS HE KILLED?!?

tehstefan, Apostolic Nihilist: No Lynch. Feel free to argue, but:

Hardly. I didn't intend to lynch webadict; that was a ploy to draw out scum, and it worked. Now you're desperately trying to salvage your rapidly sinking plan by directing everyone at me.
Honestly, that's a pretty tough gamble there. There was only two votes yesterday that lynched.

A ploy. Right. Honestly every post you make makes you simply look worse and worse, grasping at straws trying to lynch me. You have yet to answer my question. How about you do that before you start accusing me of scumhood?
Your OMGUS didn't help anything, and the way you freaked out only makes me think you're more likely scum than Apostolic. Especially with this quote:
EBWOP: Also, I have beef with the fact you already went back on your word. You want to lynch Webadict, but all the sudden, now I'm the scum? I find it hilarious that your so fickle scum.
Which is funny because I was thinking this:
NK redwarrior. This is what you did. You lynched an inactive player (Why? I'm not sure. Maybe you wanted to frame webadict even more. One of my past theories was that he got rid of Eduren early on because having a game where both ICs were scum was too 'hard' for a beginner game. Lynching the inactive player would give the remaining players a chance, something that an IC should do, right?). This ultimately means that you have 3 alive people to figure out what just happened. Fortunately one of those people seems to be going after webadict blindly; if you side with him, the worst that can happen is a tie, and then you can take out another one of us tonight. Tomorrow there'll be 3 people, one of them will be webadict. You'll side with me again, we'll lynch him, he'll flip town, then you'll kill me in the night. A perfect mafia victory.

TEHSTEFAN, YOU WILL BE DEAD BY THE END OF TODAY, DIRTY MAFIA SCUM.
And while I'm pretty sure, I'm gonna wait for tomorrow.

Also, Dr.Johbson, what say you?

Okay, everyone, here's a lesson: In games like this with no power roles, and when there's an even amount of people right before lylo (Lynch or Lose), you No Lynch. This lessens the chance of hitting town, because one town is now dead. It makes lynching the next day a little easier.

Therefore, if it's 4 people and 1 is scum, no lynch so it's 1 scum to 2 town. This can sometimes be done at higher even numbers to hep the following Days as well.

Also, nice post.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 09, 2009, 11:39:35 pm »

Hmm. You bring up a few good points, but they rest on one logical fallacy. I'm town. Since your entire argument is based on my scumness, and I'm town, this means that I will simply have to demolish your argument. We will see if I do it well enough, because either the town will lose with my lynch, or I won't be lynched, and the town may still lose.

In any case, on to the rebuttle.

Your first arguement, that I distanced myself from the scum partner is not technically wrong, but lacks the fact that up until that point, he was lurking, and there was no reason to even notice him. He said very little, and gave off no real tells at that point in the game. So, why waste time telling everyone I don't have enough to read on him?

Second, that was the first day, and no one had any idea what they were doing. Notice something in your own post, Web voted for Diakron, a confirmed townie! Lawdy, that makes him scummy mcscum no?

That next point makes no sense, your basically saying the fact that I  noticed his lurking makes me scum. Right. That is completely rational and rests on a logical arguement. Your grasping at straws here, and that will get us nowhere but with a dead townie.

Next, you base my scumminess off him, but in the same breath say that I was honestly scumhunting. Which is it? Scumhunting, or scum?

My voting for Eduren was based on sound arguments by the other players, yet because I voted for him, I'm scum? Once more it seems like your just trying to shove anything you have at me, rather than attack any legitimate points you may have.

Then you accuse me of buddying up with web, the IC, who led the charge on the one scum we have lynched. Right, because listening to a more experienced player is obviously scum central. I fail to see how this point holds any water, anymore than many of your own buddy posts.

As for your last point, I stand by my statement. Look who didn't die, Webadict, and now your using that arguement against me, hoping that it'll work.

Then, the little thing extra there, I find it silly you would go back on your word. A ploy, supposedly, but more likely your backtracking, and trying to find an easier lynch.

Now, Webadict's post.

No lynching is probably our best bet, like he said. Unvote No Lynch it eliminates a town player, though I don't like how one could so quickly quicklynch someone.

There, I said my piece, now I leave it to you to decide.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 10, 2009, 12:00:58 am »

Seems kind of pointless to be doing this, since everyone thinks I'm scum, but I have an idea.

Dr. Johbson.

He has to be scum. Why?

First, Webadict's post. Why wouldn't the scum jump on a bandwagon of an innocent townie, instead, proposing to move the day another day forward, bringing the scum that much closer to dying. It'd be completely foolish, and Webadict's smarter than that.

Also Apostolic isn't scum, because what scum in their right mind would start a huge argument now, right when things are at their most tense? Instead, he'd stay back, watch as the town tore itself apart, trying to lynch the right person, but not lynching the scum.

Dr. Johbson, however, has remained mute almost this entire time. He's stayed in the background, not saying much, and just coasting by. No one pays attention to him, because he hasn't voted much, and is generally mild. Just what scum should be doing.  This way, the town lynches itself, and the mild mannered, quiet person in the background has just won a game.

If I'm right, either Apostolic or Web will be NK'd. No scum's going to NK me, the easy lynch for next day. One of you two would vote for me, he'd quicklynch, and then the game's over.

There's my thoughts, even though you guys won't listen to them.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 10, 2009, 12:06:08 am »

GAH, I say, gah.

Well, first, I have to say, what Webadict and Apostolic said about Tehstefan, makes alot of sense, and his replies to it seem to be paniced and defensive. (IE, Scummy)

Well, first, lets do a list of some notes I have on you mates.

Apostolic- Replaced..Someone, hunts scum with much gusto, I really don't think he's scum. Quite helpful.

Tehstefan- Everything Apostolic said about him makes much sense, and his reply made him look very, very scummy. But something doesn't feel right..

Webadict- Alright. Lets play a little game here, shall we? I'm going to propose what I saw after a few moments of thinking of a no-lynch.

At the moment, there are four people left in play. Lets say Webadict is scum, and we go for no-lynch. He nightkills, say, me.

Alright, two townies and one scum. Scum-Webadict knows that Apostolic suspects both of them, but at the moment, suspects Stefan more. All he does is have to say a few choice words, and he convices Apostolic that Stefan is scum, and he wins.

My point, being, that if we no-lynch, the scum will only have to convince ONE person that he is not scum. Thus, No-Lynching is a very, very bad idea. And, for an IC to propose such a thing..

Webadict, I had a bad feeling about you from the begining. You can guide strings no longer.

PREPOSTEDIT-
Quote from: tehstefan
wordswordswords
As you can see from this post, tefstefan does not put up a fight for not wanting to have a no lynch. Now, this can mean two things, either he is not scum as without thinking about a no-lynch, it does look like it would help the town, or, that he is scum, and he's thinking the same thing I am about only having to convince one person.

This tatic would also work less for him, because people still suspect him. If he NKed me, Web and Apostolic would believe it to be Stefan. If he were to NK Web, me and Apostolic would believe it to be stefan. If he NKed Apostolic, me and web would still think it to be stefan.

ANOTHERPREPOSTEDITDAMMITGUYS-I have a feeling this post wil change your mind about my muteness. I'll let you ask me again after this post and I'll answer it then.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 10, 2009, 12:09:11 am »

Uh, just to be clear, the 'wordswordswords' quote was relating to the post which Stefan voted for no lynch.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 10, 2009, 12:10:03 am »

Hm, you're actually going along with web's no lynch? I guess you don't have much of a choice. I wonder what you're trying to accomplish, though.

Who are you going to NK tonight?

Web? It's a possibility. It seems as though he's onto your scheme, after all. If you kill him, you'll have:

Me.
Johbson.
You.

All you have to do to win is convince me to vote Johbson, or convince Johbson to vote me. This scenario is probably the 'best' for you, you're betting on the chance that I can't get Johbson to side with me.

It's also possible you'll NK Johbson.
Then you'll be left with webadict and myself; not a good position to get yourself into. I know you're scum. Webadict's last post pretty much said that he'd vote for you if he didn't vote for a no lynch. Unless you can find some damning evidence on me, you're going to be lynched tomorrow if you take out Johbson.

If you kill me, not much changes, except I'm the second-scummiest looking person right now, so you'll have to somehow convince Johbson to vote for webadict. That could be difficult; extraordinarily so. This isn't the best choice you could make.  If you NK me, you lose the 'easiest' lynch, so I'm sure this plan won't fly.

Your only option is to take out webadict tonight, and hope I don't convince Johbson of your scummyness tomorrow.
Johbson is a person who listens to reason; I have no doubt that together we'll take you out tomorrow and end this game with a town victory.

In other words: I'm fine with a no-lynch. You're simply digging a deeper hole to crawl into.
IGNORE THIS WHILE I GO OVER SOME KEY POINTS.
I'll adjust the qualms you have with my analysis in my next post.
Whoa, Jobhson; I'll address your points in the next post too.

Also, I'm going to take the time to point out that this situation is awesome.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27