Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia 3: It all ends in silence.  (Read 43322 times)

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 3: Day 4 -1 replacement needed.
« Reply #270 on: October 07, 2009, 11:30:28 pm »

Yes; my argument is quite forced for the most part, but as town, we're in a bad situation right now. If you really are scum, it would be nearly impossible to convince people to lynch you unless you do something ridiculously damning.

I don't think that Redwarrior is scum, simply because if people are scum they tend to not lose interest in the game so quickly. Most people feel more 'obligated' or at least are more interested in playing if they're a role like that.

We really need to draw out the lurkers, though. I'm going to hold off on lynching you until tomorrow. If you are NK'd tonight (by all means, you should be; the doctor is dead), then I suppose we're back to square one. Assuming you're town, you're dead either way, so we might as well focus on finding lying scum.

Diakron is really the only one who seems scummish to me right now, aside from you (and the lurkers). Johbson seems town (could be bias since he came to the same conclusion that I did...).

I don't want to have a repeat of day 1 of Not-So-Beginner Mafia, though, where we lynch someone who just seems ridiculously scummy and they flip town, so I'm hesitant to vote for him. We still have time so I suppose we can wait for the lurkers to post.

Actually, webadict, if you aren't NK'd perhaps we should suspect Johbson. If, as you said, you are being 'set up', then it makes sense that the scum would post something to suggest that you're guilty. There's always the chance that the townies wouldn't figure it out, and the mafia needs you lynched or at the very least NK'd.

...Of course, there's also the possibility that you orchestrated this. [/WIFOM]

Unvote.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 07, 2009, 11:53:14 pm »

Just pointing this out, but:

By force of the mod, Redwarrior0 is removed.

I will now need a replacement for him.
...? Can we vote for him or not? If not, would it not be better to modkill him?

This is pretty innocuous, so I'm not going to base any reasoning on it, but it's sort of scummy to suggest modkilling a player instead of replacing him if there's a chance that he's mafia.

After all, that would effectively end the game. The only way for you to know that he isn't mafia would be if you were mafia.

But that's really nitpicky; if it were anyone but webadict who said this, I'd probably jump on them and try to pressure them into saying something, but that'd never work with him. 

If someone else feels like pursuing this further, go ahead.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 07, 2009, 11:54:48 pm »

...actually, disregard that. I'm going to go to bed now instead of mulling over individual posts without viewing the context.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 08, 2009, 12:12:03 am »

I'm not quite sure why you FOS'ed me, Apostolic. You said yourself that we both came to the same conclusion regarding Webadict, then you say I'm suspicious because I brought my views up.

Alright, he's my attempt at a small WOT of thought. Try to follow along, I am not too great with words. Tell me if you need someone re-explained.

So! Day One, we have random voting, me looking scummy-ish, and Webadict clearing the heat off me ever so slightly, but its a Beginner game, and I am a beginner, so, nothing to think TOO hard on. But I still mentioned it here, if any of you savvy types noticed that.

RedWarrior seemed like that kind of person who cheers from the sidelines, if you know what I mean. Well, you probably don't, so here are some examples.

What a looming question to ask. Seems like a lose/lose situation for me, too, if I answer it.
How so?
I'd like to know that too.

Also, FoS Dr. Johbson for the reasons Vector voted him.

Yes, they are both regarding me, and are both horrible examples of scummy-ness, and its not like we have many of his posts to go by, seeing as how I quoted half of them right there. But thats not the point, this is just an example of what I meant. He also never asked anything too deep and never pressured too much. Seems like trying to stay out of the spotlight, there.

Let's see, whos next. Well, why not a mention of Eduren? I re-read his posts the other day. In hindsight, he was scummy. I don't think I have to talk too much about this mate, so I won't. Just throwing that out there.

Uhm..TehStefen or something. I don't think I got any bad vibes off this guy. Seems to be scum hunting and all that nice stuff.

Diakron. Is Diakron, meaning scummy in nature but nothing too deep. Next!

I didn't think too much of ExKirby. If I remember correctly, I would have put him under my "Slightly Scummy List," But then again, I would have probably put myself in there if I could.

See my last cryptic post about what I thought about Webadict.

I'll have more thoughts on our newcomer soon.

Sonearage

• Bay Watcher
  • ...mwaw...
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 08, 2009, 11:13:29 am »

Is there some talk about replacing here?

If there is, I want in!

"They kept on telling him that he was 'Unfashionable, Dahling! that *Pig Tail Tunic* is sooo last Granite.' and then, when they finished their depraved acts of "beauty" on him, they all said 'FAHBULOS, DAHLING!'"

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 08, 2009, 01:17:18 pm »

You need to stay out, because you've accessed the Dead Chat.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 08, 2009, 03:48:13 pm »

The toughest part of mafia is analyzation. That's the basis of this game. You must analyze every post, move, and play. No, it's not possible to look over every little piece of information. It's lurkers that ruin the game though, because they can't be analyzed. RedWarrior0's said so little, we can hardly get a real look at what he's thinking.

I think he's simply abandoned this game. I've seen him in other games and we either need to replace him, lynch him, or modkill him. Not the best solutions, but his absence isn't helping us.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 08, 2009, 03:51:11 pm »

I'm not quite sure why you FOS'ed me, Apostolic. You said yourself that we both came to the same conclusion regarding Webadict, then you say I'm suspicious because I brought my views up.
You're suspicious only if webadict is town. If he's scum, then you were spot-on and completely accurate. My point was that scum would likely try and frame webadict, trying to get him lynched, by leaving several clues leading to him. If the citizenry didn't pick up on the clues, then one of them would have to step forth and point it out.

So! Day One, we have random voting, me looking scummy-ish, and Webadict clearing the heat off me ever so slightly, but its a Beginner game, and I am a beginner, so, nothing to think TOO hard on. But I still mentioned it here, if any of you savvy types noticed that.

RedWarrior seemed like that kind of person who cheers from the sidelines, if you know what I mean. Well, you probably don't, so here are some examples.

What a looming question to ask. Seems like a lose/lose situation for me, too, if I answer it.
How so?
I'd like to know that too.

Also, FoS Dr. Johbson for the reasons Vector voted him.

Yes, they are both regarding me, and are both horrible examples of scummy-ness, and its not like we have many of his posts to go by, seeing as how I quoted half of them right there. But thats not the point, this is just an example of what I meant. He also never asked anything too deep and never pressured too much. Seems like trying to stay out of the spotlight, there.

He's a beginner, of course. I think we can clear him simply because Dakarian was quite quick to replace him (or at least try to); his lack of activity is suspicious, but it's also a viable mafia tactic; most hosts would be hesitant to replace scum using scummy tatics; now, town on the other hand...

Let's see, whos next. Well, why not a mention of Eduren? I re-read his posts the other day. In hindsight, he was scummy. I don't think I have to talk too much about this mate, so I won't. Just throwing that out there.
Yes; looking back at his posts, he was exceptionally scummy for the most part. (This is how most scum posts are once you know they were made by scum, though). Taking out scum so early on, lead by our own IC, webadict; it probably 'proved' he was town to most of the newbs. Furthermore, it gives us a fighting chance, having only one scum to worry about (albeit one of the most skilled...); maybe they thought it was unfair to have both ICs be mafia, so they devised that plan?

Uhm..TehStefen or something. I don't think I got any bad vibes off this guy. Seems to be scum hunting and all that nice stuff.

Diakron. Is Diakron, meaning scummy in nature but nothing too deep. Next!
Agreed. Diakron is somewhat scummy, but he's -always- somewhat scummy. The only thing that stands out is how his 'outburst' seemed so fake. Diakron prided himself on his cleverness posts earlier, and I'm sure we all know how easy it is to fake emotions on the internet. His typing style makes me think that he's not scum, simply because such an advanced ploy is too risky -- there are easier ways to 'prove' your innocence.

I didn't think too much of ExKirby. If I remember correctly, I would have put him under my "Slightly Scummy List," But then again, I would have probably put myself in there if I could.
Looking more at ExKirby's recent behaviour in other games, I'd agree with you here. He's clearly just a newb so he always acts scummy.

...I'm going to vote for webadict again.
If he's town, he knows he'll die tonight from the NK; lynching him won't really affect anything. We'll lose a townie, but we would've lost him anyways.

If he's scum, then he's probably already thought up a plan to divert attention away from himself when he doesn't die.

As town, we have three choices:

A) Lynch webadict. This is the one I'm going for; it probably isn't right, but we only have hunches to go off of right now.

B) Lynch someone else. This could work, but who? Lurkers aren't inherently scummy, especially in a newbie game, and the only other active person is Dr.Johbson (and myself, I suppose); Diakron isn't worth lynching.

C) Don't lynch anyone.
This could be dangerous. It could be our best choice, but it effectively just boils down to 'waiting it out', which is something town should never resort to. One more NK isn't going to give us much evidence; we need to push on with what we have.

Unvote; vote webadict.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 08, 2009, 04:52:41 pm »

Actually, waiting it out tends to reveal things about the scum. Unless the scum kills randomly. There's not really any problem with NLing unless it were lylo. NLing, however, has 0% chance of hitting scum, as well as NKs, as opposed to lynching, which has a much higher chance. There's a mafiascum article about it.

No, Dr.Johbson would have to be a fool or dastardly cunning to be scum. He's too... I don't know. Too conspicuous to be scum. And since you were replaced, it means that you aren't likely to be scum. Which means it's either Diakron or tehstefan.

If you feel the need to lynch me, then at least lynch Diakron tomorrow. Well, just consider Diakron extremely suspicious. Do not immediately bandwagon him. I just get a bad feeling about him... I can never explain them, but... whatever. If Diakron comes up town, then finish with tehstefan. I can't get a read on him. Or someone else, I suppose.

And I disagree with your analysis on Diakron. If he's always scummy in every game he plays, then he's bound to be scum in one of them. I think this is the game. He's played more often than most of the players here. Everyone knows I look the scummiest when I'm alive too long. I think he'd know that too.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 08, 2009, 06:01:53 pm »

I have to disagree with you Apostolic. Diakron is a much better lynch than Webadict, if only for the simple reason that if Diakron's scum, we win. Should he flip town, it brings up two scenarios.

One, webadict gets NK, and that's the end of that.

Or, Webadict doesn't get NK'd. In that case, we can see who does get NK'd, and go from there. Diakron would be a much better hunch lynch than one of our most active members, who's contributed a lot to our scum hunting.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 08, 2009, 06:05:32 pm »

EBWOP: Also I have beef with one of your statements. Vector was one of the people who spearheaded the assault on Eduren, and knew he was scum. He wasn't NK'd before the flip. Though you may mean he was NK'd before he could talk about the flip.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 08, 2009, 06:08:48 pm »

EBWOP again: I wanted to check over if I'd already done this, but since I hadn't Diakron

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 08, 2009, 06:56:17 pm »

I'll join you with voting Diakron but only if you assure me that you'll vote webadict if he isn't NK'd, no matter what he says tomorrow. The only reason I want to get rid of him now is because if he is scum and he isn't NK'd tonight, there's a high chance that he'll find some way to get out of being lynched tomorrow.

So, if he isn't NK'd tonight, lynch him tomorrow unless there is completely damning evidence on someone else, and furthermore, don't listen to his reasoning, no matter how he tries to spin things. Lynching him tomorrow is going to be more difficult because we'll need more cooperation on the part of the players.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 08, 2009, 07:40:04 pm »

Hmm. My only problem with that, is of course, the mafia. Its never good to try and give ultimatums, because, the mafia can read them. If I agree, and the mafia see's that, they they know, they don't have to NK him, they can just nk someone else, and let the town lynch him. Sure, its somewhat of a WIFOM, but now that its out in the open, we can't do it. I will put harsh suspicion on him, but I won't guarantee a lynch. That'd just be bad for the town.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 3: Night 4. Sleepless nights.
« Reply #284 on: October 08, 2009, 07:41:50 pm »

JUST noticed that the deadline had already reached.  WAY too little chatter when there's so few people :P

(getting distracted over a few games doesn't help)

Final Vote Count:

Dr. Johbson[1]: Diakron
Diakron[2]: Webadict, Tehstefan
Webadict[1]: Apostolic Nihilist

You suddenly realize that night has fallen and no one pushed you out.  Where is the maid? 

Instead, the guard that you met the other day looks on at you, "I'll be taking care of things tonight.  Who is the target?"

In a panic, no one speaks.  Instead, the Merchants fling fingers at each other.  The guard notices that two are pointed at Diakron.

"That'll do.  Everyone leave us."  He grabs a hold of Diakron, who is too terrorized to run.  In contrast, everyone else is too terrorized to stay. 

As they gather from the room, Diakron's words to the guard can be heard, "Why do they always suspect me.  Even my clients swear I'm up to no good.  Do I even look mafia?"

The guard chuckles as he raises his billy club, "That's why the mafia would never pick you.  You'd never fool anyone."

Unable to stop what is happening in the Room, everyone decides to run back to their beds.  No one will sleep tonight.

Diakron, townie, has been lynched.

It is now night. 
Night choices, send me your choices.

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27