Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia 3: It all ends in silence.  (Read 43303 times)

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 3: Night 3 Replacement found
« Reply #255 on: October 06, 2009, 12:36:36 pm »

Jetsquirrel has just notified me that he needs a replacement. 

Apostolic Nihilist shall now replace Jetsquirrel.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 10:07:37 pm by dakarian »
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 3: Day 4 - Endless Death
« Reply #256 on: October 06, 2009, 10:27:37 pm »

Another scream.  Another dead body, ExKirby's this time, found by the maid who now looks completely unnerved. 

As you step into the meeting room, you now ponder how even these events now feel routine. 

ExKirby, townie, has died in the night.

It is now Day 4.
Deadline: Thursday, 8th, 11am EST.

Survivors:

Diakron
Tehstefan
Dr. Johbson
Apostolic Nihilist
RedWarrior0
Webadict
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 10:29:08 pm by dakarian »
I KNEW IT!

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 06, 2009, 10:30:11 pm »

Dr. Johbson must die!!!
Back to Mafia with me!

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 07, 2009, 12:04:10 am »

Well, hell. The doctor is dead, and now so is another normal townie. After reading through some select player's posts thus far, I have found a few more things I would like to comment on.

First, the obvious. Webadict, you're not dead yet, and our doctor is gone. Thoughts, comments? I'm also seeing you attack people less than you usaully do, which was fine for the first day or two, but you still seem lax, and too kind, for day four.

Second, Diakron, I know you're hurt and all that, but I'm sure you're still able to bring up a small list of what you think. You obviously still think I'm scum, would be great if you could share that and more with us all.

Third, RedWarrior, you are not going to escape my wrath this turn. You haven't posted anything useful in..Well, since day one.

Apostolic Nihilist, tell us what you think/believe. Please try to show up more than Jet did.  :P

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 07, 2009, 12:04:51 am »

Too kind for day four, even if you are an IC*

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 07, 2009, 07:55:43 am »

Well, hell. The doctor is dead, and now so is another normal townie. After reading through some select player's posts thus far, I have found a few more things I would like to comment on.

First, the obvious. Webadict, you're not dead yet, and our doctor is gone. Thoughts, comments? I'm also seeing you attack people less than you usaully do, which was fine for the first day or two, but you still seem lax, and too kind, for day four.

Second, Diakron, I know you're hurt and all that, but I'm sure you're still able to bring up a small list of what you think. You obviously still think I'm scum, would be great if you could share that and more with us all.

Third, RedWarrior, you are not going to escape my wrath this turn. You haven't posted anything useful in..Well, since day one.

Apostolic Nihilist, tell us what you think/believe. Please try to show up more than Jet did.  :P

It's less to do about me being lax as it does about me not being here. (And blame Alexhans...)

Anyhow, I'd think this was meant to set me up. I figured I was dead as soon as the Doctor was dead, because that seemed like the only reason I was alive, but perhaps they think they can keep me alive to get me lynched. I believe you said:

Webadict does shiny better light on the matter of the questions I didn't answer. Suppose I don't have much to lose, so I shall answer them now.

Who would I inspect, if I were a cop? Webadict, for sure. He is, indeed, an expert, and I would need to know his status ASAP.

This probably answers the other question too, I would indeed try to get rid of webadict ASAP. However, I would have to keep in mind, that getting him lynched might be an even better idea. If I believed I could stay alive and un-scummy-ish, I would believe he would be a perfect person to have lynched, preferable latter then sooner.

Well, I hope that helped some of you. I personally think I look suspicious now, but you did ask for what I thought.
You yourself said you'd try to get me lynched. Would that make you more suspicious than normal? I doubt it. I'd assume it's someone else.

Dr. Johbson must die!!!
You can't keep doing this, Diakron. This doesn't help at all. Why is Dr. Johbson suspicious and how the heck is it less suspicious than you doing that? Or what you've been doing the entire time?

work, work, work, all day long
work, work, work, while i sing this song

o sorry Unvote. ExKirby do you believe that people can be mafia in back to back games ran by the same person (ie beginners 1 and 2)?

I don't know, can they?

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 07, 2009, 08:15:58 am »

Alright, I got the response I wanted, so, thanks for that.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 3: Day 4 - 1 replacement needed.
« Reply #262 on: October 07, 2009, 02:16:29 pm »

By force of the mod, Redwarrior0 is removed.

I will now need a replacement for him.
I KNEW IT!

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 3: Day 4 -1 replacement needed.
« Reply #263 on: October 07, 2009, 05:01:20 pm »

*Sigh* Alright, well, unvote for now then.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 3: Day 4 - 1 replacement needed.
« Reply #264 on: October 07, 2009, 05:26:41 pm »

By force of the mod, Redwarrior0 is removed.

I will now need a replacement for him.
...? Can we vote for him or not? If not, would it not be better to modkill him?

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 07, 2009, 07:30:17 pm »

Oh sorry. 

Redwarrior the PLAYER is out.  His in-game persona still exists.  You can do with him as you wish while I look for a replacement.

I won't modkill for lurking since that greatly hurts the town if he's town and utterly destroys the scum if he's scum.  I won't 'protect' him because you may wish to lynch him due to his past actions.

I KNEW IT!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 07, 2009, 07:42:53 pm »

Oh sorry. 

Redwarrior the PLAYER is out.  His in-game persona still exists.  You can do with him as you wish while I look for a replacement.

I won't modkill for lurking since that greatly hurts the town if he's town and utterly destroys the scum if he's scum.  I won't 'protect' him because you may wish to lynch him due to his past actions.

Okay. I was just making sure.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 07, 2009, 08:42:35 pm »

I didn't actually notice I had been chosen as the replacement, but yeah, so I'm just browsing through right now. Trying to juggle several mafia games is surprisingly interesting, especially with (some) of the same people playing.

I'll have a post with my thoughts/opinions up in an hour or so.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 07, 2009, 09:41:05 pm »

Webadict strikes me as exceptionally scummy. Every step of the way, he's been leading the assault on innocent townies, save for Eduren. Now, having both ICs as scum is unlikely, but alignment was chosen randomly, so it's not to say that it's impossible.
I'm almost certain that Vector would've deduced something like this (he was easily the second-most experienced in this game); he was nightkilled before Eduren was determined as scum.

Diakron is also a possibility, and Johbson, but if they are scum, I consider them less of a threat. Diakron's outburst seemed scummy, and it did seem planned (to me, at least); he was gloating about how clever he was several posts earlier. Sadly, I think voting him will end up getting another innocent townie lynched, so I'd like to avoid that if possible.

Lynching webadict now is really our only option — if we don't lynch him now and he's scum, we're as good as dead. If we do lynch him now and he isn't scum, we've lost a valuable townie but we can still recover. He'll likely wait for a bandwagon to form around someone else, (or form one himself) and direct his flock towards it, then take out two people tonight (one lynch, one NK).

Actually, looking back, Eduren's behaviour is suspicious. It's scummy, that's for sure, and it's a clever sort of scummy. Webadict was the one who attacked him initially (I think? He was certainly the one who lead the charge), and from there Eduren's arguments devolved more and more into archetypal scum arguments.

I think the both of them collaborated to make webadict look completely innocent; eliminating scum so early on via sound deduction is townie, and indeed, it's even within webadict's ability, but therein lies the problem: it's also the least suspicious thing you can possibly do, and that makes it suspicious.

Note also, that webadict's activity died down after he eliminated the major threats (Vector, Eduren). It didn't quite reach 'active lurking' levels, and it doesn't really mean anything (he probably didn't have any leads and didn't want to post incomplete reasoning), but it still seems strange.

I think we should hold off on suspecting the lurkers; if webadict flips town then we hit them. Eduren's lynch seemed too easy because it was; webadict knew he was scum from the beginning, and Eduren purposely acted scummy so webadict's reasoning didn't seem to be completely godlike.

To summarize, webadict is playing a very dangerous game of Xanatos Roulette.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 07, 2009, 11:13:32 pm »

While, I would agree that that's a good option, but I'd much rather prefer to find scum. That is normally a good option, especially if you had a Cop or some other power role. So far as I can tell, I'm not sure if all of you could find scum without me. I think I'd be better being night killed than lynched.

So, let's answer some of these concerns, shan't we?

Lynching me isn't the only option. It certainly is an option, yes, and we do have extra lynches in store. In fact, if you really want, you can lynch me tomorrow. It won't be lylo, and I can spend one more Day trying to find the scum.

And eduren? You think I orchestrated that? I think you severely underestimate me. One, I'd never take credit for that shoddy "acting." Two, I'd certainly never try to have him accuse me like that. And three, I'd probably make sure he was actually looking town-like.

Your plan is faulty in that it relies on lynching lurkers. The lurkers aren't helping us, but that doesn't make them scum. Getting replacements (Like you) helps. You could actually try lynching scummy people instead.

And I've been busy since then. Just lots of hanging out. Anniversaries and what-not. I'm trying to get here every once in a while... Sheesh. Picky.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27