Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia 3: It all ends in silence.  (Read 43311 times)

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 3: Night 2. A civilized lynching.
« Reply #195 on: October 02, 2009, 12:52:51 am »

A reminder: All flavor is there for literary purposes, not game purposes. 

In other words, do not read anything into the story. It's there just to keep things interesting.

As the grand barters continued, ExKirby walks besides Eduren.  He keeps his voice low. 

“I took a moment to speak a little with the maid that found the body.  Apparently, she was afraid of something beyond the idea of people dying near her.  The cop still had a little life left and left a note with a name on it.”

Eduren's eyes widened at that, seemingly of shock. ExKirby leaned closer to him and whispered two words before walking back to the crowd.

“Got ya.”

To the untrained eye, Eduren looked shocked at the news of a possible lead.  To the merchants, the small details mattered.  The high lift of the eyebrows.  The slight lean away from ExKirby.  The small turn of the head.  That wasn't shock, that was fear.

By the time Eduren realized what happened, the crowd was on him.  Soon after they had him on the ground, the maid appeared demanding what was going on.  Tehstefan told her that they have a criminal on their hands. 

With a nod, the maid said, “The security won't listen to me, but I can find proper arrangements for him”

Arrangements turned out to be a small room by the maintenance halls which contained only a small bed.  Tied up, Eduren was tossed inside.  The maid showed that the room was only unlockable from the outside. 

“We will keep him here until everything is settled.  He will no longer be a problem.”

Although some of you become worried over trusting hotel staff, in the end, you decide to simply leave things be.  It's late, and the bed is waiting.

Eduren, Mafia Roleblocker, has been lynched.

Note: Yes, that is, officially, a lynch story.  You're merchants, not a mob, so no nooses for you. :P 

It is now Night 2.  Those with night roles please send me your choices.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 3: Day 3 - They kill their own.
« Reply #196 on: October 02, 2009, 09:56:04 am »

No one woke up to a scream today.  Those that were not already awake were woken by the frantic knocking this time.  However, the maid was still the cause: apparentely, another death occured, this time against their own kind.

As the Merchants run towards the maintenance halls, some of you notice the door to Vector's room left open and decide to investigate that instead. Both groups gathered back in the meeting room with their findings. 

The maid found Eduren dead in his room.  The door was unlocked, the scum still tied up, and his heart piereced by a knife wound.  The maid swore that she hadn't done it.  No one minded: either she killed someone that needed to die or someone else did.  Either way, they won't morn him.

More troubling was Vector's death.  It was another beating, this time with careful attention to break multiple bones including each of his fingers, arms, and legs.  A morbid curiosity makes some of you wonder whether he died before or after those breaks. 

This discussion, though, did not take much time.  Soon it was back to the matter at hand, finding the last killer.

Vector, townie, has been killed in the night.

Note: Eduren was already declared dead due to the lynching.  You can say it was a roundabout way to carry it out.  Remember, this is Beginner Mafia: there are no tricks or secret events here.

Deadline: Tuesday, 6th, 11am EST.

Survivors:

Diakron
Tehstefan
Dr. Johbson
Criptfeind
Jetsquirrel
ExKirby
RedWarrior0
Webadict
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 02, 2009, 10:14:34 am »

Webadict, from what I've seen, I highly doubt you just bussed your scum buddy so soon in the game. So, as far as one can be, your townie. Doesn't mean I won't be watching you, but good catch with Eduren.

Now, as for our next target, perhaps it'd be good to look back on the thread, and watch whats happening.

Jetsquirrel who is the other scum in your opinion? We haven't heard from you at all lately.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #198 on: October 02, 2009, 10:17:08 am »

Well, I can certainly class this as equal warfare. Now, we need to try to backtrace to find leads...
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 02, 2009, 11:09:58 am »

Webadict, from what I've seen, I highly doubt you just bussed your scum buddy so soon in the game. So, as far as one can be, your townie. Doesn't mean I won't be watching you, but good catch with Eduren.

Now, as for our next target, perhaps it'd be good to look back on the thread, and watch whats happening.

Jetsquirrel who is the other scum in your opinion? We haven't heard from you at all lately.
How many times have you played mafia before, tehstefan?

Sonearage

• Bay Watcher
  • ...mwaw...
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 02, 2009, 12:24:07 pm »

WHAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
I'M BACK!!!

Did anybody miss me?

"They kept on telling him that he was 'Unfashionable, Dahling! that *Pig Tail Tunic* is sooo last Granite.' and then, when they finished their depraved acts of "beauty" on him, they all said 'FAHBULOS, DAHLING!'"

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 02, 2009, 01:37:37 pm »

As a matter of fact, no. We are powering through the Mafia.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Sonearage

• Bay Watcher
  • ...mwaw...
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 02, 2009, 02:37:01 pm »

good for you

"They kept on telling him that he was 'Unfashionable, Dahling! that *Pig Tail Tunic* is sooo last Granite.' and then, when they finished their depraved acts of "beauty" on him, they all said 'FAHBULOS, DAHLING!'"

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 02, 2009, 02:49:21 pm »

Now, give me reasons. As to why you weren't here.

Sonearage

• Bay Watcher
  • ...mwaw...
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 02, 2009, 03:00:54 pm »

I was at Osmington Bay with ma mates ;D,
I was jumping off big poles,
I was screaming as I was chucked in the sea,
I was singing with a seriously groovy vicar,
I was eating REALLY slowly, (I hate cabbage,)
I was not near a computer for 4 days,
I was buying fluffy teddy bears called Harri,
I was mounting biking up a really steep hill,

Meh, tell me if you want some more.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 02, 2009, 03:30:01 pm »

How many games? I've played in three, including this one. Why do you ask?
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 02, 2009, 04:53:49 pm »

How many games? I've played in three, including this one. Why do you ask?
I just wanted to know why you're telling everyone that I'm town when the only possible way you know that is if you're scum, seeing as how you've had three games of experience. There's not really a reason you should ever say that, and I'll tell you why:

Let's think of 4 possible situations, 1 of which is currently impossible (Well, 2 technically, but 1 through game mechanics), but since this is all rhetoric, it doesn't matter.

Situation 1: We're both town.
This is likely what it is, but this isn't always going to happen. In this situation, yes, you're lucky. Both players are town and you believe the other to be as such. It still stops others from being suspicious, even if you're right.

Situation 2: You're scum and I'm town.
This situation makes it so you know that the other is town simply because you're scum. This is what is usually called "buddying," and keeps people from suspecting you because you don't suspect them. It's a tougher scumtell to find, but it still is one.

Situation 3: I'm scum and you're town.
This is, by far, the worst situation that you could stumble upon. Not only do you believe one player is town, you've basically said it in front of everyone else. This could stop other people from looking at all suspects, instead of being suspicious of everyone. See Beginner Mafia 1 for reasons why not to do this.

Situation 4: We're both scum.
This situation is meant to cause one of the two situations above it, by either making others believe one of the two are scum, or by saying it was a mistake when it comes up wrong.

It's just a bad idea. If you're wrong, then it screws everyone up (Like when I said Vector was town... after trying to lynch him for 3 Days). If you're right, then alright. You just want to remain cautious of everyone. Just because it may look like someone is town, doesn't mean they're town. That's what the mafia want you to think about themselves. That's why it's called mafia.

Just avoid it in the future. Say something more along the lines of, "I believe you to be town" unless you know for a fact (Cop) and even then, be careful (Godfather, Insanity, Naive...).

Now, who do you believe to be town besides me? I'd like to know.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 02, 2009, 05:29:12 pm »

Alright, thats one down, Only one left!

Diakron, care to tell us stuff?

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 02, 2009, 07:13:30 pm »

SURE!

1st degree burns are a bitch. for some reason i can't type WoTs with only one off-hand... go figure...

Dr. Johbson you are scum are my main suspicion for scumminess. all new players are scum within the first 3 games (considering these as being your "beginner games") they play. not really gambler's fallacy since if you look at every game there is ALWAYS 1 new guy as scum. THAT IS A FACT.

Back to Mafia with me!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 02, 2009, 07:32:26 pm »

SURE!

1st degree burns are a bitch. for some reason i can't type WoTs with only one off-hand... go figure...

Dr. Johbson you are scum are my main suspicion for scumminess. all new players are scum within the first 3 games (considering these as being your "beginner games") they play. not really gambler's fallacy since if you look at every game there is ALWAYS 1 new guy as scum. THAT IS A FACT.

*Bursts from the commentator room*

You're so FUNNY!  I CAN'T BREATH.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27