Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia 3: It all ends in silence.  (Read 43254 times)

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 3: Day 1. Replacement found. JOY!
« Reply #135 on: September 29, 2009, 12:38:40 am »

Note: A replacement has been found.  Sonearage will now be replaced by Criptfeind.  Of course, I have just sent his role at 1:30 am so he may be asleep but when he comes in, give him a warm welcome.

Meanwhile:

Vote Count:

ExKirby[2]: Eduren, , Tehstefan
RedWarrior0[2]:Dr. Johbson, Daikron
Diakron[2]:, Vector, Webadict
Webadict[1]: Criptfeind

Not voting: Major_Sephiroth, Jetsquirrel, ExKirby, RedWarrior0,

Deadline: Today at 11am EST

There are less than 10 hours left.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 29, 2009, 12:40:27 am »

So...we need to figure out who to lynch, or we will end up with no one. Anyone got a pick, beyond Diakron? I want to hear some of the lurkers out there.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 29, 2009, 12:58:23 am »

I don't believe in lurker-lynching D1.  If no one else shows up, I think we need to go with Diakron.  He's shown the most tells and should be dealt with if we have no one else on hand.  Better to get someone with scumtells than with nothing, at least on D1... don't want to be playing Lurker Roulette, here.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 3: Day 1. 1 Replacement needed.
« Reply #138 on: September 29, 2009, 01:14:10 am »

Also:

My way of thinking on that is one of two ways:
Diakron is scum who got stressed when they got found out.
Vector is scum who is targeting town who he knew would get stressed.

Since when does Diakron have a history of exploding under pressure?  Your story doesn't hold much water.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 3: Day 1. 1 Replacement needed.
« Reply #139 on: September 29, 2009, 01:56:53 am »

Also:

My way of thinking on that is one of two ways:
Diakron is scum who got stressed when they got found out.
Vector is scum who is targeting town who he knew would get stressed.

Since when does Diakron have a history of exploding under pressure?  Your story doesn't hold much water.
I think he means that Diakron is scummy because he exploded, since he lost his cool.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 29, 2009, 02:23:45 am »

Nah, what he said was "You are scummy because you pressed someone you knew would go nuts."

... I did not know this.  I am not that much of a jerk.  Now I want to know why M_S is using such poor logic.

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 29, 2009, 04:50:32 am »

I thought he wouldn't cope well under pressure for the simple reason of how he types. Basically, in text language. This to me says that they may be quite young, and if so, quite easy to anger. And I presumed you thought similar, or had some possibility in your head.

Another thing for this point is that he could be using text language because they are short on time, which means they would have to post without too much time to think about what is happening.  This would mean that Diakron could just be annoyed town though. See the Jetsquirrel situation in Beginner's Mafia 2.

Even without that little bit of stuff, we still have this:
Diakron why the heat on the newbies? Its not very nice you know!

its the RVS and i feel that the newbies are being left out of my favorite part of the game /sarcasm off

don't worry your next stefan
The obvious sarcasm and the last line suggest that Diakron is easily annoyed. Because he got random voted, he threatened tehstefan.

In summary, it is easily proven that Diakron is easily annoyed, hence why I'd think you are scum if he turns town. Not too strongly though, so don't be worried.  You seem town because you are doing some genuine scumhunting.

Is that enough explanation?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 29, 2009, 09:23:13 am »

Ok I have logged on, I will try to reread this thread but in the meantime unvote.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 3: Night 1. Rest well.
« Reply #143 on: September 29, 2009, 10:32:39 am »

A properly skilled merchant is capable of selling you ice on a winter day and the clothing off your own back.  To do so, however, they must bring you deep into their barter and lost in their conversation.

This, however, can lead to a problem when 11 properly skilled merchants get together to barter.  Lost in their own conversations, they continue until they hear a small bell ring.  The bell is held by a petite young maid.

"I'm sorry to bother you, but the meeting room closes at night.  For your safety, we need you to go back to your rooms.  The security will watch over you during the night." she said.

Tired and worn, the merchants walk back to their rooms.  It isn't until they are nestled in their beds that they realized collectively that they never did make a final decision.

Oh well.. the bed is too comfy to bother with that right now.

Final Vote Count:

ExKirby[2]: Eduren, , Tehstefan
RedWarrior0[2]:Dr. Johbson, Daikron
Diakron[2]:, Vector, Webadict

Not voting: Major_Sephiroth, Jetsquirrel, ExKirby, RedWarrior0, Criptfeind

For better or worse, no one was lynched this day.

It is now night.  Those with night roles, send me your choices.  You have 24 hours.

The rest of you, good night, and enjoy the beds.
I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 3: Day 2. *SCREAM*
« Reply #144 on: September 30, 2009, 02:33:00 am »

No one woke up by alarm this morning.  A few of you woke up to a woman's scream.  Others work up to panicked knocking.  Others never went to sleep at all.  One of you, never woke up.

Everyone assembled outside Major_Sephiroth's room.  It was a maid, the same one that lead you out of the meeting room yesterday, that had first found the body and screamed. 

The death was brutal.  Major_Sephiroth's body was full of bruises and welts.  He was beaten to death before he could give a chance at a fight.  He seemed to be nearby the phone rather than in his bed.  Oddly enough, the phone line was cut.

One of you turn to speak to the maid and ask her why she was there. Her explanation was hard to gather in between the stuttering and sobbing.  It seems she was told to visit him in the night.  She went, expecting that it was for a Night Companion, but he only thanked her and let her go.

Someone asked, "Night Companion?  Wait.. You don't mean."

She nodded with a quick sob, "We...*sob* offer all service*sob*services ttoto our guests.  Bbebesides, all cops ask for it *Sob*."

The group calls out at once, "COP?"

The cry causes the maid to step back in shock.  At least she stopped sobbing. "Yes.. he's the first to reject it.  Maybe he just didn't like me.  I mean, I didn't want to bubut..*sob*"

Someone asks, "You said he was a cop?"

"Yes. You didn't know?"

Little more information could be gained from that.  The maid remembered bumping into someone but can't remember who.  She saw nothing odd after that.  With dread (and a few taking up the number for that night service), you return to the meeting room.

Major_Sephiroth, Cop, was killed in the night.

It is now Day 2.

Deadline: Friday 2nd, 11EST

Survivors:
Vector
Diakron
Tehstefan
Dr. Johbson
Criptfeind
Jetsquirrel
ExKirby
RedWarrior0
Eduren
Webadict
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 02:34:50 am by dakarian »
I KNEW IT!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 30, 2009, 02:44:41 am »

... Whut.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 30, 2009, 03:21:01 am »

Grahrargaghahghaghrgh. I was about to post this afternoon, RIGHT before the thread was locked. Story of my life.  :-\

Um, Alright, one cop is dead, and we haven't lynched anyone yet. Thats..Well, least we didn't mislynch..

Ok, lets see..

The person who was night-killed, was Major_Sephiroth, a man who I don't believe anyone had suspected to be mafia, thus not helping clearing/damaging anyone's name, if my logic can seep past my incredibly poorly chosen words. Don't be going on thinking I'm saying something I'm not. Just ask me if I really need to explain it. I'm not good with words.

I find it odd that Webadict was not night-killed. I would have believed that he would have been the first target.

There is always the possibility that they did not target him to make such odd-ness appear, but such thinking seems thought of first, as in, seems quite obvious.

I'd like to know what everyone thinks about this, of course, but I would also like to ask Webadict, do you think that such an act by the mafia was foolish? Would have you killed you if you were in the mafia's shoes?

I feel extremely stupid for not changing my vote to something useful ASAP once I saw that the day was ending soon, I might as well as have lynched the lurker. (ExKirby is lurking, right? I didn't miss something by him, did I?)

Hm. What else. Well, I was doing a list of what I thought before the thread was locked, but I suppose I'll finish that in a bit, now.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 30, 2009, 03:42:26 am »

quickhint: Always be aware of the deadline. If you're posting and it's close, throw a quick "extension!" post.  One person asking won't give a whole day but it would've given the extra time you needed to finish.
I KNEW IT!

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 30, 2009, 11:28:23 am »

I feel extremely stupid for not changing my vote to something useful ASAP once I saw that the day was ending soon, I might as well as have lynched the lurker. (ExKirby is lurking, right? I didn't miss something by him, did I?)

Technically he wasn't lurking, just almost never online.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 30, 2009, 02:06:26 pm »

Grahrargaghahghaghrgh. I was about to post this afternoon, RIGHT before the thread was locked. Story of my life.  :-\

Um, Alright, one cop is dead, and we haven't lynched anyone yet. Thats..Well, least we didn't mislynch..

Ok, lets see..

The person who was night-killed, was Major_Sephiroth, a man who I don't believe anyone had suspected to be mafia, thus not helping clearing/damaging anyone's name, if my logic can seep past my incredibly poorly chosen words. Don't be going on thinking I'm saying something I'm not. Just ask me if I really need to explain it. I'm not good with words.

I find it odd that Webadict was not night-killed. I would have believed that he would have been the first target.

There is always the possibility that they did not target him to make such odd-ness appear, but such thinking seems thought of first, as in, seems quite obvious.

I'd like to know what everyone thinks about this, of course, but I would also like to ask Webadict, do you think that such an act by the mafia was foolish? Would have you killed you if you were in the mafia's shoes?

Hm. What else. Well, I was doing a list of what I thought before the thread was locked, but I suppose I'll finish that in a bit, now.
As foolish as you may think it is, it actually has its pros and cons.

First, I'm probably the best at rooting out scum, which is why I would gun for me. The only other problem is that I would be wary that I'm being protected by the doctor. So, I, personally, would do the same thing as these mafia did: Kill a newbie. They're less likely to be protected than someone that's played before or has more experience. And, especially since there's 2 (3?) mafia, you need to kill more often than not.

Second, leaving me alive puts suspicion on me. I could leave me alive (occupying the doctor), then cast suspicion on me for being alive. The only problem is that... well... I'd know that that's what's happening.

So, no, I wouldn't try to kill me until I had killed the Doctor or found out that there is no Doctor.

Because of this, I'll assume that these players are at least a little skilled. Look especially for suspicious ICs. There's a good chance that one of them might be scum.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27