Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia 3: It all ends in silence.  (Read 43317 times)

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 3: Day 1. 1 Replacement needed.
« Reply #105 on: September 27, 2009, 08:17:45 pm »

While his initial "Beginners always scum" comment does seem odd, its hardly condemning. I think that we still have many lurkers and that while further questioning of diakron may reveal something, he does not seem scum in my eyes.

My vote stays on ExKirby because I want him to answer my question.

Vector:
... This ruins the point, but it's because I want to see what happens as I press his "partner" and keep my vote on him.  I don't trust either of them.

I must have missed something, what is the scum team?
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 27, 2009, 08:22:09 pm »

@Vector: My apologizies for the poorly worded post, I meant he was not giving off enough tells to be as firmly scum as you give the impression of believing he is. As of yet, I'm not getting any real tells of you, though your aggressiveness is a town tell, if only somewhat.

@Diakron: thats one of the worst non answers I've seen in a game of mafia!

Unvote, Vote: Diakron

Give a good rational answer, instead of question dodging, which is a huge scumtell.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 27, 2009, 08:25:35 pm »

... This ruins the point, but it's because I want to see what happens as I press his "partner" and keep my vote on him.  I don't trust either of them.
I must have missed something, what is the scum team?

Ah, I was suspecting Dr. Johbson x Diakron.  However, as Webadict said, I should probably not focus so much on teams and look more at individuals.

Hence, my vote-switch after Dr. Johbson started seeming a bit more town and Diakron started seeming a bit more scummy.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 27, 2009, 08:28:12 pm »

Diakron is being defensive. Town would probably answer the questions and pressure someone else, be more aggressive than defensive: Scum has more reason to stay alive. Diakron, if you were any of this game's roles, which would you choose?

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 27, 2009, 08:30:28 pm »

vector is scum trying to get me to do something that he can accually get other people to join him on, so he's sayign that the reason he's bashing me is "to make my Scumpartner show up". he has nothing on me except some joking that i was doing to relieve my work day, and he's being unreasonable.

1. Scum often hide behind joking.

2. I'm pursuing this because you're jumping like crazy.  You look like you're having serious problems here.  As Tehstefan has said, you are being quite panicky.

3. I have rather more experience than Sonerage and Dr. Johbson, as far as I know.  I don't trust you to just be joking.  I think you're trying to cover something up, and I'm willing to jump out in the spotlight to find out what's really happening.

4. You have no reason to bring up the Gambler's Fallacy instead of actually defending yourself.

5. You aren't dropping one tell, you're dropping them all over the place.

6. If you say "Why are beginners always scum," that means that there is some scum that is a beginner.  Therefore, if you have actually slipped, then you have knowledge of such.  I think it is you.

@Tehstefan: Which scumtells am I giving off?  If you demand my reasoning, then I reserve the right to demand yours as well.

It is not a question of a "vague feeling."  It is a question of questioning him and pressing him, and him snapping in half like a stick.  Initially, I was gauging reaction.  Now it seems to be time to run in for the kill.

1. there is no proof of this

2. i am being calm and collect and am giving the same story each time as i have nothing to hide.

3. are you saying your scum and that you are experienced as such?

4. i didn't. well not in my mind anyways

5 give me examples

6 no i didn't but my first game i was scum my seciond game i was scum the first game i wasn;t scum a beginner was scum same with my 4 and so on BM 2 was the first time that this was not true but at the time i was still consider new.

@ he said nothing about you being scummy he wanted a solid reason... give him one...

If i've cracked then i would give up thats what i do i won't play in a game that won't give me a chance i have much better things to do with my life. (beta.astroempires.com Ogame.org  Empire total war dwarf fortress Resident evil 5 are my favorite games atm)

triple ninja'd
Back to Mafia with me!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 27, 2009, 08:31:27 pm »

And the answer to my question is...?

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 27, 2009, 08:32:29 pm »

Gah. Just realized I'd already voted Diakron. In any case, non voters need to come in here and start thinking, at least giving their major concerns. RedWarrior, what's your take on this issue of Diakron, scum, town, not sure, and why?

Diakron, you've yet to come up with a good reason for that question dodge you gave me.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 27, 2009, 08:34:26 pm »

i am being calm and collect

No, you are not. I didn't think this was possible but your typing and demeanor are even more erratic than normal. :/
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 27, 2009, 08:35:16 pm »

Diakron... He's harder to read than Toony.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 27, 2009, 08:41:46 pm »

to tell the truth i'd like to be either doctor or cop as i have yet t o have a role like them yet.

Yeah, I'm also wondering whats sparking all the attention at Diakron. Sure, he's given quite a few scumtells, but nothing really significant, or as significant as Vector seems to be. So,

What makes Diakron so scummy Vector? One question and a vague feeling doesn't make a great offense. I'd much rather hear your reasonings.

Diakron, why the sudden change
? You definitely seemed to grow far more defensive when you were voted, seems rather panicky.

that one? i have 4 people pressing me it cant even type fast enough to be agressive. i ask question and people say " WHATEVER SCUM!!!" and give me some half assed answer...

o sorry Unvote. ExKirby do you believe that people can be mafia in back to back games ran by the same person (ie beginners 1 and 2)?

Nice try, scumbucket.  I've got you pegged, and I want you lynched.  Don't fall back on the Gambler's Fallacy, defend yourself!

... That said, I do want Webadict's opinion on this.  He seems to be just sitting back, and I'm curious about what he thinks of Diakron's alignment.

yay that would work... if i was scum... but i wanted it for a read thanks for F(_)cking it up...

It's your own problem, man.  If you think "do you believe in the Gambler's Fallacy" is a good question, that's your trouble to deal with.

Also, you look nervous as hell.  I don't trust you.

and what is my supposed scum tell if you dont mind telling me?

i was asking a legit question that was posted in the RVS and you jumped all over it, if you can't see that this is a joking question then you are a moron...

lol whatever vector ... why are you so eager to end the RVS? are YOU scum and want to stop us from scum hunting by usign the tunnel vision effect with me as the target? I dont trust you at all Vector you are scum and trying the same thing we (the scum) did last game...

i am being calm and collect

No, you are not. I didn't think this was possible but your typing and demeanor are even more erratic than normal. :/

wanna swap spot and YOU try being here?
Back to Mafia with me!

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 27, 2009, 08:43:54 pm »

I give up. i just ask that people look over what i said when they lynch me and i flip town.

LAST POST.
Back to Mafia with me!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 27, 2009, 08:47:54 pm »

he has nothing on me except some joking that i was doing to relieve my work day, and he's being unreasonable.

Accusations of cruelty to Poor Diakron, who just wants to put his feet up and relax?  Sorry.  This is a forum game, and I am an aggressive person.  Additionally, I am attacking you because I believe that you are scum.  I was hoping your partner would show himself, but I got called on my behavior and there was no point in continuing to press you.

1. there is no proof of this

That would be because this isn't mathematics.  This is Mafia, and all I can do is say "Hm, it looks like a triangle.  I can't measure its angles.  I don't know how many sides it has.  Yet somehow... it looks like a triangle."

Further, scum seek to occlude the situation as much as possible.  This may be shown through playing around, active-lurking, etc.  That is why I say that your painting it as a joke does not exactly excuse you.

2. i am being calm and collect and am giving the same story each time as i have nothing to hide.

If this is calm and collected, I'd like to see you when you're feeling neurotic.

3. are you saying your scum and that you are experienced as such?

First off, that doesn't follow at all from what I said.  I said I had more experience than the people who were joking with you.  Secondly, I do have a lot of experience as scum.  In all the games that have run prior to my current set, I was scum.  It's a very familiar situation, and I'm actually reasonably decent at it.

Now I am learning how to be town.

4. i didn't. well not in my mind anyways

You asked if it was likely for the same person to be scum in two consecutive games--like Beginner's 1 and 2 or, perhaps, Beginner's 2 and 3.  It looked like you were trying to buddy up to someone and get townie endorsement, because it isn't that likely for you to be scum twice in a row.

5 give me examples

That would be your nervousness, your buddying, your refusal to answer questions, your lack of informativeness, etc.

If i've cracked then i would give up thats what i do i won't play in a game that won't give me a chance i have much better things to do with my life. (beta.astroempires.com Ogame.org  Empire total war dwarf fortress Resident evil 5 are my favorite games atm)

... This is pointless and occluding information.  Besides, even if you're scum you think you have a chance.  You think you can get me lynched.

I apologize if you think I haven't been answering your questions.

So: I ended the RVS, as stated previously, because you look like scum.  The RVS isn't really advantageous for town if you don't follow up on whatever tells you see.

As stated previously, I'm not scum.  I'm town, or a "merchant," or whatever you want to call it.

Your scum tells are pretty much that you're so anxious and not attacking anyone else.  You're being hyper-defensive.  If you want to prove yourself town, stop defending yourself.  My allegations are here and they're not going away just because you think I'm a moron.  So, find some scum.  If you need a little time, you can get away with saying "Give me a bit to look around," provided that you get some dirt on someone else.

I'm a reasonable sort of person.  I just don't see any good reason to back off right now.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 27, 2009, 08:49:47 pm »

I give up. i just ask that people look over what i said when they lynch me and i flip town.

LAST POST.

Bah.

If you're actually town, I ask that you look around and press someone.  I think the most you can say about me right now is that I'm a bit of a jackass.  Plus, you've got lots of time.  Take a breather, relax a little, look at what other people are saying.  You have two days to save yourself or die.  I suggest you make good use of them.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 27, 2009, 08:57:31 pm »

FUCK YOU VECTOR! I'M FUCKING TIRED OF THIS BASHING I DONT CARE ABOUT THIS FUCKING GAME ANYMORE SO YOU CAN FIND ANOTHER FUCKING SCUM AND STOP MISLEADING EVERYONE

REQUEST REPLACEMENT OR MOD KILL
Back to Mafia with me!

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 27, 2009, 09:02:55 pm »

FUCK YOU VECTOR! I'M FUCKING TIRED OF THIS BASHING I DONT CARE ABOUT THIS FUCKING GAME ANYMORE SO YOU CAN FIND ANOTHER FUCKING SCUM AND STOP MISLEADING EVERYONE

REQUEST REPLACEMENT OR MOD KILL

@Vector I think you got your answer for what he's like neurotic.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27