Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia 3: It all ends in silence.  (Read 43290 times)

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 3: Day 1. Was the bed comfy?
« Reply #90 on: September 27, 2009, 05:38:37 pm »

Apologies to report this, but Sonearage has just reported that she won't be around for the week and has asked for a replacement.

Thus, if anyone from outside is willing to replace her, please PM me.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 05:43:29 pm by dakarian »
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 27, 2009, 05:40:15 pm »

lol whatever vector ... why are you so eager to end the RVS? are YOU scum and want to stop us from scum hunting by usign the tunnel vision effect with me as the target? I dont trust you at all Vector you are scum and trying the same thing we (the scum) did last game...
Back to Mafia with me!

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 27, 2009, 05:41:22 pm »

i finally get sonearage's name lol : So Near Age :) glad no one brought that up last game...
Back to Mafia with me!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 3: Day 1. 1 Replacement needed.
« Reply #93 on: September 27, 2009, 05:44:16 pm »

Had to make a change: I still can't allow Spectators, given their access to the spec chat.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 27, 2009, 05:46:26 pm »

o sorry Unvote. ExKirby do you believe that people can be mafia in back to back games ran by the same person (ie beginners 1 and 2)?

Nice try, scumbucket.  I've got you pegged, and I want you lynched.  Don't fall back on the Gambler's Fallacy, defend yourself!
If you have him pegged as scum, why aren't you voting for him?
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 27, 2009, 06:13:55 pm »

lol whatever vector ... why are you so eager to end the RVS? are YOU scum and want to stop us from scum hunting by usign the tunnel vision effect with me as the target? I dont trust you at all Vector you are scum and trying the same thing we (the scum) did last game...

... No.  You know how I play as scum.  I'm passive and boring and I sit in the background.  Why would I use your strategy, when I have one that works much better?  Also, I don't like your OMGUS vote.

I'm eager to end RVS because I got what I wanted out of it: a scumtell.  Now I'm pursuing the scumtell and you're dropping more scumtells.

... This ruins the point, but it's because I want to see what happens as I press his "partner" and keep my vote on him.  I don't trust either of them.

Anyway...

Unvote.

Diakron.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 27, 2009, 07:25:14 pm »

... No.  You know how I play as scum.  I'm passive and boring and I sit in the background.  Why would I use your strategy, when I have one that works much better?  Also, I don't like your OMGUS vote.

I'm eager to end RVS because I got what I wanted out of it: a scumtell.  Now I'm pursuing the scumtell and you're dropping more scumtells.

... This ruins the point, but it's because I want to see what happens as I press his "partner" and keep my vote on him.  I don't trust either of them.

Anyway...

Unvote.

Diakron.
I disagree with finding partners at this stage in the game. You shouldn't try that. I know that's your favorite thing to do Vector, but it's not right. However, you end the RVS as soon as you're sure you've found scum. As such, I believe you're right.

...What happened last game? I want you to point out where he's making you the sole focus of everyone. He may be focusing on you, but no one else was. focusing on one person doesn't make that person scum, and you've played enough to know that.

Perhaps you are the one that is acting scummy. Did you think about that? I think not, or you wouldn't've freaked out over that. You end the RVS stage as early as you find scum, Diakron. Continuation of the RVS is a scumtell, though not a big one. It tends to confuse peopel if going for too long by suddenly shifting near the end of the Day on someone with little evidence.

It's funny because Vector didn't freak when you voted him, but when he's focusing on you, it's suddenly super scummy. No, it's not. It's scummy to freak out about that though.

And, though I really HATE FoS's I'm putting one on Jetsquirrel for lurking. I dunno where he went, but he popped in to say, "What's up?" and then books it.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 27, 2009, 07:54:48 pm »

o sorry Unvote. ExKirby do you believe that people can be mafia in back to back games ran by the same person (ie beginners 1 and 2)?

Nice try, scumbucket.  I've got you pegged, and I want you lynched.  Don't fall back on the Gambler's Fallacy, defend yourself!

... That said, I do want Webadict's opinion on this.  He seems to be just sitting back, and I'm curious about what he thinks of Diakron's alignment.

yay that would work... if i was scum... but i wanted it for a read thanks for F(_)cking it up...

It's your own problem, man.  If you think "do you believe in the Gambler's Fallacy" is a good question, that's your trouble to deal with.

Also, you look nervous as hell.  I don't trust you.

and what is my supposed scum tell if you dont mind telling me?

i was asking a legit question that was posted in the RVS and you jumped all over it, if you can't see that this is a joking question then you are a moron...
Back to Mafia with me!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 27, 2009, 08:00:17 pm »

"Why are beginners always scum?" seems like an odd thing to say... especially after you were scum with Pandarsenic last game, and he is certainly not a beginner.  It looks like a slip.

Additionally, that question is horrible.  You're active-lurking.  Further: I may have tunnel-vision and be a moron when it comes to detecting jokes, but I can smell scum.

You're it.

That said, I would deeply appreciate it if Major_Sephiroth would show up and start contributing, and if Eduren would stop poking and manipulating the town.

So, Eduren and Major_Sephiroth: how do you feel about all this?  Who do you think is scum?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 27, 2009, 08:02:48 pm »

WA: you pride yourself in you ability to compare how people are playing against past games, thus you should know that gambler fallacy has gotten me lynched once as a townie, i did not see this as gamblers fallacy or i would of not said it.

Also you are normally welling to try to find more then one scum tell before you vote, but this time you jump on me, whats with that??

(last beginners mafia is what im referring too if anyone is wondering me and panda lead a coordinate assault that start very similar to this one.)
Back to Mafia with me!

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 27, 2009, 08:06:21 pm »

both sonearage and Dr. saw that i was joking around with them me and sonearage where going at it in BM 2 and i wanted to refer to the fact that last game she was a beginner.

she learned quickly and i think if it would have been a day earlier sonearage would have lynched me... by and by if i say "why are beginners always scum" that doesn't mean "Why are scum always beginners" stop trying to trwist my words and come up with a good reason to vote me.
Back to Mafia with me!

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 27, 2009, 08:10:52 pm »

Yeah, I'm also wondering whats sparking all the attention at Diakron. Sure, he's given quite a few scumtells, but nothing really significant, or as significant as Vector seems to be. So,

What makes Diakron so scummy Vector? One question and a vague feeling doesn't make a great offense. I'd much rather hear your reasonings.

Diakron, why the sudden change? You definitely seemed to grow far more defensive when you were voted, seems rather panicky.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 27, 2009, 08:13:17 pm »

on another to remained unnamed site i am scum and i got role check and now i am trying to prove he's either paranoid or not a cop
Back to Mafia with me!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 27, 2009, 08:16:35 pm »

1. Scum often hide behind joking.

2. I'm pursuing this because you're jumping like crazy.  You look like you're having serious problems here.  As Tehstefan has said, you are being quite panicky.

3. I have rather more experience than Sonerage and Dr. Johbson, as far as I know.  I don't trust you to just be joking.  I think you're trying to cover something up, and I'm willing to jump out in the spotlight to find out what's really happening.

4. You have no reason to bring up the Gambler's Fallacy instead of actually defending yourself.

5. You aren't dropping one tell, you're dropping them all over the place.

6. If you say "Why are beginners always scum," that means that there is some scum that is a beginner.  Therefore, if you have actually slipped, then you have knowledge of such.  I think it is you.

@Tehstefan: Which scumtells am I giving off?  If you demand my reasoning, then I reserve the right to demand yours as well.

It is not a question of a "vague feeling."  It is a question of questioning him and pressing him, and him snapping in half like a stick.  Initially, I was gauging reaction.  Now it seems to be time to run in for the kill.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 27, 2009, 08:17:17 pm »

on another to remained unnamed site i am scum and i got role check and now i am trying to prove he's either paranoid or not a cop

Also, I don't see what this has to do with anything.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27