Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia 3: It all ends in silence.  (Read 43309 times)

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 3: Day 1. Was the bed comfy?
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2009, 07:25:23 pm »

Indeed. Besides that, at the moment, such information helps the scum more then anyone else. The more they have to think, they better, after all.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2009, 07:35:12 pm »

Indeed. Besides that, at the moment, such information helps the scum more then anyone else. The more they have to think, they better, after all.
I think he wants your reasoning more than your actual choice. I still think it's a dumb question.

Here's a better question: Would it be a good idea to kill me if you're scum? Why or why not?

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2009, 08:02:09 pm »

Redwarrior, I must ask, whats the reason for asking that question? It does seem rather loaded.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2009, 08:06:34 pm »

Unvote.  Jetsquirrel, that's a good answer.  I don't think you're scum for the moment.  However, you need to start trying to ask questions--not silly questions, but pertinent ones--and figure out what's happening.

So your plan is to just sit around and not figure anything out, Doctor?  That is the way the town dies, my scummy friend.  Start scum-hunting or prepare to be lynched.  Ask constructive questions and stop running around!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2009, 08:11:16 pm »

It was hypothetical, like all the "if you were (role), who would be your first target?" ones. I wasn't saying, "You're cop, who are you investigating tonight? Tell me now."
web should know that's what the questions mean. I'm gonna have to unvote and instead vote webadict. Investigating you puts a target on your head?

Also, FoS Dr. Johbson for the reasons Vector voted him.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2009, 08:16:32 pm »

Hmm, that does have a ring of truth to it. Still, it seems better suited on asking him his reads, than rather what he'd do if he were town.  It may be early, but I figure I'd best ask this question.

What reads have you gotten off people, be it scum, or townie?

I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2009, 08:24:58 pm »

I think he wants your reasoning more than your actual choice. I still think it's a dumb question.

Here's a better question: Would it be a good idea to kill me if you're scum? Why or why not?

Better question? That one seems much worse. If you end up dead right after I say it would be a good idea, most eyes would probably be on me.

But, to answer your question, if you indeed mean it the way Webadict explained, I would inspect those who I suspect the least of being mafia. Never know who might blow your mind.

PREPOSTEDIT-
Unvote.  Jetsquirrel, that's a good answer.  I don't think you're scum for the moment.  However, you need to start trying to ask questions--not silly questions, but pertinent ones--and figure out what's happening.

So your plan is to just sit around and not figure anything out, Doctor?  That is the way the town dies, my scummy friend.  Start scum-hunting or prepare to be lynched.  Ask constructive questions and stop running around!

A bit quick of a vote, I feel, but I suppose it really is just changing your random vote. I am collecting what I can before I bother asking questions. Much can be learnt without asking anything.

But, if you want me to start asking people random stuff, I guess I can.

I'm *slightly* wondering about webadict, why he chose to help me understand, rather than pin me down and beat the knowledge out of me. But, it is a beginner's mafia, so I dismissed that.

On the other hand, I am curious as to the number of people who already think me suspicious. It feels as if I'm being targeted for an easy..Er, target, or whatever.

Now, my question. Why did you abandon your first random vote, Vector, to pursue me, when you hadn't pressed Jetsquirrel at all?

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2009, 08:25:36 pm »

Dismissed that feeling. *

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2009, 08:33:55 pm »

Because I read through Beginner's 2, and Jetsquirrel is being Jetsquirrel.  He's an unconstructive newb, and I'm willing to give him a day to start talking before I bring out the big accusations.

Plus, he answered the question perfectly.  As such, I unvoted and went after you upon noticing that you were being ridiculous, unhelpful, and acting like a scumbucket.

At the moment, I'm going for you + Diakron for the scum-team.  Seems apt.

I'm also interested in ExKirby's thoughts on all this, when he finally signs on.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 26, 2009, 08:39:03 pm »

You have to understand. There is a huge information gap between us and the mafia. They know who is town and who is mafia, we don't. The flow of information, no matter how damning it is to possible power roles, is vital to our success. If we avoid "dangerous" and "pointed" questions then we'll have a tough time scumhunting.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 26, 2009, 08:42:37 pm »

Hmm, that does have a ring of truth to it. Still, it seems better suited on asking him his reads, than rather what he'd do if he were town.  It may be early, but I figure I'd best ask this question.

What reads have you gotten off people, be it scum, or townie?

I'm not sure if that was directed at me, or the entire town, but either way, I shall answer it. So far, Vector strikes me as a little suspicious, (see my last post, I don't like to repeat myself) but he could just be very thoroughly scum hunting. Redwarrior's question was very vague, I got the feeling something was behind it, so I am aware of him too.

Webadict's question for me, seemed to be more scum hunting than Red's, so, I'm not too suspicious of him. You yourself seem to be scum hunting as well.

Eduren, I have very little thoughts about at the moment, seeing as how he hasn't posted too much.

ANOTHERPREPOSTEDITDAMMIT- Oh, speak of the devil, he just spoke. Well, you do have a point, Eduren, but I still think what I do.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2009, 08:47:23 pm »

It was hypothetical, like all the "if you were (role), who would be your first target?" ones. I wasn't saying, "You're cop, who are you investigating tonight? Tell me now."
web should know that's what the questions mean. I'm gonna have to unvote and instead vote webadict. Investigating you puts a target on your head?

No no no. I'm saying his answer puts a target on whoever's head he says. Unless that target is scum, since that target may very well be investigated for the reasons explained. Therefore, he felt trapped by the question.

And I don't beat people up... on the first Day. Once you know the basics, then I assault you. You don't beat up a baby. You wait for it to grow up and then you beat it up... Yeah...

Because I read through Beginner's 2, and Jetsquirrel is being Jetsquirrel.  He's an unconstructive newb, and I'm willing to give him a day to start talking before I bring out the big accusations.

Plus, he answered the question perfectly.  As such, I unvoted and went after you upon noticing that you were being ridiculous, unhelpful, and acting like a scumbucket.

At the moment, I'm going for you + Diakron for the scum-team.  Seems apt.

I'm also interested in ExKirby's thoughts on all this, when he finally signs on.
Vector... DON'T look for scum teams. Look for scum tells. They're more obvious, and better to look for, given that there are no known scum as of yet. You look for teams afterwards, when you know a scum.

I'm here to help. And if I feel like that helps then I'm gonna do it. Just like when I yell at people. I WILL yell at you, if I have to. But, nothing warrants that yet.

My question is legitimate, and the outcome doesn't come close to anything. I was simply analyzing. If I'm scum, and some asks me who I'm going to kill, would I tell him the answer or lie? A true townie never has to lie about an answer. A mafia tries to look inconspicuous, so he may have to lie in order to do it. That way, if you answer my question, and I feel like it's either trying to make you look townie or a lie, it may show. So, that's why I would like an answer.

And finally, eduren, you showed up! Unvote for now.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2009, 08:55:33 pm »

No no no. I'm saying his answer puts a target on whoever's head he says. Unless that target is scum, since that target may very well be investigated for the reasons explained. Therefore, he felt trapped by the question.

Okay. I get what your point was. Unvote

I'm not quite sure who the question was for. From a scum perspective, I would kill you if you were town, as you are experienced and can read people well. Of course, the doctor might protect you. If I was scum and so were you, then I wouldn't kill you, naturally.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2009, 09:19:06 pm »

Vector... DON'T look for scum teams. Look for scum tells. They're more obvious, and better to look for, given that there are no known scum as of yet. You look for teams afterwards, when you know a scum.

Ah, I'm not looking for scum-teams.  I feel like I have found two scum independently of each other.  I will be still watching everyone, of course... I just happen to suspect those two in particular.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2009, 09:23:26 pm »

Webadict does shiny better light on the matter of the questions I didn't answer. Suppose I don't have much to lose, so I shall answer them now.

Who would I inspect, if I were a cop? Webadict, for sure. He is, indeed, an expert, and I would need to know his status ASAP.

This probably answers the other question too, I would indeed try to get rid of webadict ASAP. However, I would have to keep in mind, that getting him lynched might be an even better idea. If I believed I could stay alive and un-scummy-ish, I would believe he would be a perfect person to have lynched, preferable latter then sooner.

Well, I hope that helped some of you. I personally think I look suspicious now, but you did ask for what I thought.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27