Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 27

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia 3: It all ends in silence.  (Read 43279 times)

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
Re: Beginner Mafia 3: Day 3 - They kill their own.
« Reply #240 on: October 05, 2009, 02:09:21 pm »

Well, I don't have a life on the weekends, so HA.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 05, 2009, 04:10:11 pm »

funny i am townlike i said i would gladly be lynched to prove it, all i want is to see is if once again a newb is scum (soneraage is my second person to push) can't prove if you dont try *shrugs*
Townlike? You either are town or you're not town.

Also, don't suggest lynching yourself. It doesn't help town to sacrifice. Usually.
This is what I meant by him walking off the deep end. Hold on, I'm gonna find my quote...
I think he just blindly walked off the deep end and knows it. Diakron, I want reasoning.

i love how you don't mention this:

funny i am townlike i said i would gladly be lynched to prove it, all i want is to see is if once again a newb is scum (soneraage is my second person to push) can't prove if you dont try *shrugs*
Townlike? You either are town or you're not town.

Also, don't suggest lynching yourself. It doesn't help town to sacrifice. Usually.

Space failed meant to say: funny i am town, like i said i would gladly be lynched to prove it, all i want is to see is if once again a newb is scum (soneraage is my second person to push) can't prove if you dont try *shrugs*

try something other then active lurking for a change. who knows you might accually say something useful.

Randomly lynching and trying to find scum isn't a good scum-finding tactic, Diakron.

Unvote. Vote Jetsquirrel.

Lurking be bad, yo.

last time i checked we are trying to lynch scum, not lurkers.
Back to Mafia with me!

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 05, 2009, 05:48:20 pm »

You'd rather you we'd lynch you? Because that unvote there saved your dear life. At least try to pretend you still care about this game.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 05, 2009, 06:05:40 pm »

You'd rather you we'd lynch you? Because that unvote there saved your dear life. At least try to pretend you still care about this game.

who are you to decide if i "care about this game"?

MY FUCKING HAND IS COVERED IN BANDAGES!! HOW THE HELL CAN I TYPE WITH ONE HAND AND MY OFFHAND AT THAT? DAMN IT! I ASKED PEOPLE TO BE CONSIDERATE ABOUT THAT BUT ALL I AM HEARING NOW IS: WHY DON'T YOU GIVE US MORE INFO DIAKRON... I WISH I COULD BUT MY HAND GETS TIRED!
Back to Mafia with me!

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 05, 2009, 06:35:41 pm »

Then ask for a replacement or stop getting mad when we refuse to lynch you.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 05, 2009, 06:47:01 pm »

There's a difference between "Don't care anymore" and "having a hard time typing", btw. 

The first I prod then replace.  The second is just something to adapt to.

If I were the town, and I'm not, but if I was, i would pull back and decide "Is this person lying about their reason?"

If I believed they were lying , I would vote for them and leave it at that.

If I believe they were honest, I would let it go and get back to hunting those that DO look bad, since pressuring a townie into quitting is wasting time the town does not have.

In other words: DON'T force a person to be replaced due to their posting style.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 05, 2009, 10:52:22 pm »

Current Vote:

Jetsquirrel[2]: Tehstefan, Dr. Johbson
Diakron[1]: ExKirby
Dr. Johbson[1]: Diakron

Not Voting: Criptfeind, Jetsquirrel, RedWarrior0, Webadict

Deadline: Tuesday, 06 11am EST

There are about 11 hours left to the day.

I KNEW IT!

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 05, 2009, 11:21:56 pm »

@MOD: Do we lynch only if we get necessary votes, or the majority of them?
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 05, 2009, 11:29:00 pm »

So long as one person is ahead of the others, that person is lynched. 

I.e. if the day ended now, it would be Jetsquirrel
I KNEW IT!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 3: Day 1. Was the bed comfy?
« Reply #249 on: October 06, 2009, 12:20:58 am »

ExKirby, do you think that dakarian was justified in modkilling Pandarsenic?
This is eduren's initial vote. Occasionally, scum will vote their partner first or some other time during the first Day. I say occasionally because this isn't a for-sure thing. Many for-sure things are active lurking and passivity. Anyhow, I don't see eduren as the type to do something like that. The more passive ones avoid voting each other (This is known as distancing) or even voting in general (This is simply a form of active lurking.) At least, early in the game.

While his initial "Beginners always scum" comment does seem odd, its hardly condemning. I think that we still have many lurkers and that while further questioning of diakron may reveal something, he does not seem scum in my eyes.

My vote stays on ExKirby because I want him to answer my question.

Vector:
... This ruins the point, but it's because I want to see what happens as I press his "partner" and keep my vote on him.  I don't trust either of them.

I must have missed something, what is the scum team?
Something like this. His comment is overly complicated, passive, and cautious. This is what we're looking for. I, however, might see something...

Criptfeind: You basically did what Web told you to do. Unless I see some original thinking, I will be forced to investigate further. What do you think of Diakron? Frustrated townie or overly defensive mafia?

Honestly he could be either I would even say he was the cop if the cop was not killed. But I think at this time there is a slightly bigger chance of him being townie because his outburst, although that would be a great play for the mafia I think it would be too risky.

Also to set the record straight you were in my top two list of my suspicions before WA told us watch you.

Right now I feel that either WA or you are mafia, possibly both. Personably I think WA has a higher chance to be mafia, but I think if he is not he will be of a greater use to the town than you. So vote eduren.

Overly complicated analysis and third vote on eduren (The third vote has a significantly higher chance of being mafia than most other votes.) I'm not even sure what he meant in this post. He's saying I'm more likely to be scum but I'd be more helpful as town, so he voted for eduren.

Sorry about that I caught a nasty cold; I was in bed most of the last couple days. I still am sick but I will try to check here more often.

I will join you guys in your Fos on Diakron, but I suspect that it was just a newbie mistake. On the other hand he is really over reacting to it.

This is also active lurking.

He's also been regular lurking in addition to this. He's trying to lie low. He's being passive and cautious, just like eduren. criptfiend.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 06, 2009, 01:27:29 am »

Hmm, you're right again. The scum wouldn't bother voting with this few many votes, if the towns already going to lynch it's self.

Definitely better than my 'Kill-The-People-Who-Aren't-Talking' plan. Fine, fine.

Unvote. Vote Criptfiend.

FOS Jetsquirrel, Redwarrior and Diakron too while I'm at it.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 06, 2009, 08:06:36 am »

Current Vote:

Jetsquirrel[1]: Tehstefan
Diakron[1]: ExKirby
Dr. Johbson[1]: Diakron
Criptfiend[2]: Webadict, Dr. Johbson

Not Voting: Criptfeind, Jetsquirrel, RedWarrior0

Deadline: Tuesday, 06 11am EST

There are about 2 hours left to the end of the day.
I KNEW IT!

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 06, 2009, 09:48:24 am »

Unvote Vote: Criptfiend

It was better than my lurking strategy, it seems you have been overanalyzing posts, and while most of this is minor, its starting to show a pattern. Besides, its better than my shot in the dark on lurkers.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Sonearage

• Bay Watcher
  • ...mwaw...
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 06, 2009, 10:17:33 am »

tick tock people

"They kept on telling him that he was 'Unfashionable, Dahling! that *Pig Tail Tunic* is sooo last Granite.' and then, when they finished their depraved acts of "beauty" on him, they all said 'FAHBULOS, DAHLING!'"

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 3: Night 3 End to a horrible day.
« Reply #254 on: October 06, 2009, 10:43:27 am »

The regular debate that rises and falls among the Merchants is suddenly dispelled by hostility as Criptfiend is shoved into the middle of the room.  Webadict shoots a look that can kill at him.

"You murderer, " Webadict yells.

"I swear!  It's not what you think.  I swear it," Criptfiend replies.

Tehstefan steps in between them, "What's the meaning of this?"

Webadict turns to Tehstefan, saying "This is my meaning."  He suddenly throws an object at him.

Tehstefan jumps back with a gasp, but the object hits the floor before reaching him.  It's a knife, small and easy to conceal.

Criptfiend speaks with a panicked pace, "It's mine, bubut it's not what you think.  I didn't kill anyone!"

Dr. Johbson steps in on the matter, "But it was that scum that was knived.  What's the matter with that?"

Webadict shakes his head before replying, "The door was locked when we left him and opened when we came in.  If the maid didn't do it then whoever did can unlock doors at will.  Besides, with none of us owning up to the kill, that means.."

Tehstefan finishes, "..the one that did it didn't want anyone to know they're willing and able to." 

A deep silence hangs in the meeting room as the three turn to look at Criptfiend.  The accused shakes his head saying, "no.. no, you can't leave me in that room.  I'll die in there!"  A hand reaches out to grab his shoulder, but he shakes it off and breaks into a run.  Before anyone could react, he runs out the door.

Not long after that, a yell is heard from outside the room, followed by a thump.  The merchants run towards the noises.

In a nearby hall, the young maid stands still, her eyes as wide as teacups.  Next to her is one of the larger men of the security guard holding a billy club.  Criptfiend was sprawled on the floor in front of them, his head cracked open and his eyes staring at the wall blankly.

There wasn't too much to say after that.  Criptfiend is taken care of by the hotel staff.  As they drag the body away, the maid notices a badge placed on his shirt, normally covered by his long coat. 

"A shame," she says, "Good medical staff is hard to come by these days. I think you merchants made a mistake with this one."

Webadict asks, "But what about this knife?"

The maid ponders for a bit before answering, "When you don't have a lot of tools, you can do alot to save someone's life with a knife."

The words hung heavy on you as you walk back to your rooms.  Not even the warm beds will do much to help you get to sleep.

Criptfeind, Doctor, has been lynched.

It is now night.  Those with night actions, please send me your choices.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 10:46:18 am by dakarian »
I KNEW IT!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 27