Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia 3: It all ends in silence.  (Read 43248 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 3: Day 1. 1 Replacement needed.
« Reply #120 on: September 27, 2009, 09:24:30 pm »

FUCK YOU VECTOR! I'M FUCKING TIRED OF THIS BASHING I DONT CARE ABOUT THIS FUCKING GAME ANYMORE SO YOU CAN FIND ANOTHER FUCKING SCUM AND STOP MISLEADING EVERYONE

REQUEST REPLACEMENT OR MOD KILL

@Vector I think you got your answer for what he's like neurotic.

... Yeah.  I think I'll issue an apology for that and, uh, go hide for a while.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 27, 2009, 09:30:10 pm »

FUCK YOU VECTOR! I'M FUCKING TIRED OF THIS BASHING I DONT CARE ABOUT THIS FUCKING GAME ANYMORE SO YOU CAN FIND ANOTHER FUCKING SCUM AND STOP MISLEADING EVERYONE

REQUEST REPLACEMENT OR MOD KILL

@Vector I think you got your answer for what he's like neurotic.

... Yeah.  I think I'll issue an apology for that and, uh, go hide for a while.
Diakron... It's a game. There's no need to get so worked up about it. This is how Mafia games work. Sometimes you're being scrutinized, and sometimes you're scrutinizing.

So stop being a baby and grow up. It's a game.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 27, 2009, 09:46:05 pm »

Sooo....since he's leaving, best start scumhunting again. Leads me to this question, what reads are you getting, and why?

I've gotten two reads I'm confident enough on sharing right now,

Vector: Agressive, pushing, both to me are good town tells, even if you tend to tunnelvision.

Webadict: So far, I'm leaning town on him, he tends to be pretty good about being helpful, and scumhunting.

Less strongly,

Dr Johnson: I like how he didn't dodge the question, and answered them all, even if he was a bit dodgy at first. Leaning town on him, if only somewhat.

The rest, I haven't gotten enough on, so Major Sephiroth, whats your opinion on things now?
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 28, 2009, 12:32:57 am »

Bleh. You people need to be quieter so I don't have to crawl through 3 pages of new information!
That said, answers!
So, Eduren and Major_Sephiroth: how do you feel about all this?  Who do you think is scum?
Well, in the circumstance, I'm betting either you or Diakron. If he is town, then I'm coming down on you like a ton of bricks. Which, in real life, wouldn't be *that* painful because you'd die in a split second. That split second would hurt but yeah. Better than being eaten alive or something.

Other than that, no real reads on people. I'll check the thread again though, and if I get any I'll post again.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 28, 2009, 04:07:52 pm »

ok guys i'm back and after a good nights sleep plus a easy days work, i feel much better. Let the games rebegin!
Back to Mafia with me!

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 28, 2009, 04:39:57 pm »

So, are we just going to forget your little explosion?
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 28, 2009, 05:18:25 pm »

do what you want with it, i posted it and now saying ignore it is like putting a huge Wifom to everyone
Back to Mafia with me!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 28, 2009, 06:16:45 pm »

Yeah.  I figure we should keep it in mind, but not put too much stock in it.  Sometimes people just get too stressed.

That said, I'm keeping my vote where it is for now.

Major_Sephiroth, ExKirby, and RedWarrior0, the three of you need to participate--and meaningfully, too.  I know you're here.  ExKirby, at the least, is posting in other threads... but not showing up here at all?  You're next on my list for scum behavior.  Silence is not very town.

Now, before anyone tries to eat me because I don't understand about people having lots of work to do: I think people here can be expected to write more than a one-liner.  A post a day is fine, as long as it actually provides information.  Heck, I even understand about every other day.  My main problem here is that you three aren't really scum-hunting.  Please start now.

As far as reads go...

Webadict looks pretty town to me.  Same goes with tehstefan.  I'm not really sure about either of those guesses, though, and I don't think I'll have much more until the lurkers stop lurking all over the place.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 28, 2009, 06:25:15 pm »

do what you want with it, i posted it and now saying ignore it is like putting a huge Wifom to everyone
...So is this. Anyhow, what do you propose we do?

Yes, we need those three to actually do something. We don't need lurkers here.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 28, 2009, 08:05:36 pm »

Mayhaps a few votes would change their minds?
Unvote

Exkirby
What do you take on this whole Diakron thing? I haven't heard from you since from before the whole thing, so why not chime in?

Diakron, you still have my HOS on you, and its not likely to change, but we need more people talking before we do any real voting.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 28, 2009, 08:27:38 pm »

sorry about that the only talking that has been done was about me so i cant really make a coonfirmed decision about scum.
chances are that the scum team voted for me as a safe target.

Currently my suspicions where on vector but he seems to be learning to do the town thing after a long strech of scumming so that probably that.

Unvote
Vote Redwarrior0
, other then me and vector who is your choices of scum? (me and vector have argued to much to be used in the question, i want fresh stuff not reqoutes and paraphrasing)
Back to Mafia with me!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 28, 2009, 11:46:35 pm »

I disagree with the RVS that you two seemed to have leaped back to. However, you are right in assessing that those three need to talk.

major_sephiroth, since you haven't been pushed yet, why do you believe that either Vector or Diakron are scum?

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 29, 2009, 12:07:40 am »

Just wanted to drop in and say sorry I'm not saying much this weekend, I'm visiting a friend's, I'll be back tomorrow with stuff to say.

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 29, 2009, 12:09:53 am »

My way of thinking on that is one of two ways:
Diakron is scum who got stressed when they got found out.
Vector is scum who is targeting town who he knew would get stressed.

I'm leaning towards Diakron for saying that he has tried to WIFOM everyone. At least keep it subtle man!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 29, 2009, 12:21:06 am »

Just wanted to drop in and say sorry I'm not saying much this weekend, I'm visiting a friend's, I'll be back tomorrow with stuff to say.
We'd much rather you didn't say that you're unable to say anything and actually say something, or just tell us tomorrow when you can say something.

This is just telling us that you're active lurking. Which means that you're lurking by saying stuff that doesn't matter or is inconsequential.

My way of thinking on that is one of two ways:
Diakron is scum who got stressed when they got found out.
Vector is scum who is targeting town who he knew would get stressed.

I'm leaning towards Diakron for saying that he has tried to WIFOM everyone. At least keep it subtle man!
What about the possiblity that they are both scum or both town? Just because Vector is focusing on Diakron doesn't mean that Vector is automatically town if Diakron is scum or vice versa.

Saying this can lead to double town lynches in a bad scenario where one turns up town and you lynch the other and he also turns up town.

However, I'm still inclined to believe Diakron is suspicious of the two, given that Vector wasn't as aggressive in other games as scum. Softness is a scumtell, and so is the anger that Diakron showed. But just so you know, just because one shows up scum or town does not affect that person's town or scum status. It IS a good means for it, but is not a sole factor.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27