Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 40d16, modded: a few tiles quickly rotate between all stone types  (Read 753 times)

Quatch

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_ GRADSTUDENT]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch? Sometimes..
40d16, modded: a few tiles quickly rotate between all stone types
« on: September 23, 2009, 09:40:04 pm »

Hi, was just trying to rebuild my favourite compilations of mods, including a few stone ones.

I've loaded and generated a fresh world, no errors. I embarked, and many tiles (randomly distributed?) are flashing. When looked at with k, they are very rapidly cycling between what looks like every kind of stone.

When mined out it becomes 'rock', and new flashy spots are generated.

Clearly I've messed up my mod, but no error was noted. Is the lack of an error message a bug?

Thanks,

SAVE THE PHILOSOPHER!
>>KillerClowns: It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarven science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
>>Orius: I plan my forts with some degree of paranoia.  It's kept me somewhat safe.

Quatch

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_ GRADSTUDENT]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch? Sometimes..
Re: 40d16, modded: a few tiles quickly rotate between all stone types
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 09:48:06 pm »

full directory upload if it helps: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1437

(yes, its mac version, which probably means a bit of work for everyone :(  )
SAVE THE PHILOSOPHER!
>>KillerClowns: It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarven science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
>>Orius: I plan my forts with some degree of paranoia.  It's kept me somewhat safe.

orbcontrolled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 40d16, modded: a few tiles quickly rotate between all stone types
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 09:09:42 am »

Related info: You can achieve the same effect with a tile editor if you give a tile an invalid matgloss number.

EDIT: Correction: cycling tiles created with a tile editor will not be mined out as 'rock', but rather as whatever stone they were at the instant the mining is finished.
Still might be a related phenomenon though.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 09:15:57 am by orbcontrolled »