Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: The adventures of Redshirt, That Robot Dude, and that text that invades our mind  (Read 9990 times)

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You awake to the sound of an quiet siren. You remember loud sounds and immense heat.You have a wet object covering your face.

What do you do?

Power.. You suddenly start to feel again. You remember nothing. As you're eyes adjust, you see that a dark storm is drenching the area you are in with rain and lightning. You are in a rocky field, scattered with small groups or grass, of brush. The smell of ozone is heavy. Metal Scraps litter the ground for miles. But something is wrong with your eyes.. They feel wrong.

What do you do?

In other news, I'm hoping you foolish fools understand the format.

EDIT- Pictures done by Someguyo. I guess thats cool. Can be uncanon.

EDITEDIT-Title by Phantom. Yay for Phantom! YAY!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 06:21:36 am by Dr. Johbson »

kholhaus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pissed and Inspired
    • View Profile
Re: Dual Space - A Text Adventure
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 07:33:22 pm »

Determine where I am, and examine self.

Examine self.
Kholhaus has been inspired recently.
Kholhaus has lost a favorite to tragedy recently.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 07:33:39 pm »

Two different people?

Examine wet object.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 07:39:45 pm »

Determine where I am, and examine self.

Examine self.

You remove the wet object from your face, which turns out to be a folded towel, and look around. You see a small computer in the front of an escape pod. You look out the thick, solid window to your right to see space. Empty space. You can see a few distant stars.

You starts to check yourself, for wounds, or defining features. You find nothing, but determine you are a white male.

You struggle to move.. But you stand. You feel tired, yet..Very awake. You look down at your self.. Horror strikes. You are metal. You are a robot.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 07:41:31 pm by Dr. Johbson »

Someguyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 08:01:01 pm »

Do the robot! No, but seriously. Check if you have any special robot powers, such as telescopic vision, or something.

Furthermore, if Johbson doesn't mind, I can try doing some artwork for this, in MSpaint, mind you.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 08:03:21 pm »

Check inventory. Try to remember the events before this
Determine if self is one of those bulky robots or light weight humanoid robots

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2009, 08:21:23 pm »

Do the robot! No, but seriously. Check if you have any special robot powers, such as telescopic vision, or something.

Furthermore, if Johbson doesn't mind, I can try doing some artwork for this, in MSpaint, mind you.
I approve of such actions!
Check inventory. Try to remember the events before this
Determine if self is one of those bulky robots or light weight humanoid robots

You check your pockets, and find a few things. You find a small vial, with a strange blue, almost glowing liquid. You also find a small, card, with symbols that are alien to you.

You try deeply to remember what happened, but nothing comes back.

Your mind still moving quickly, you try to see what you can do. You feel you know what to do, and you're right. Your vision switches, from thermal, to binoculars..Then, blank. You switch back to normal vision. You focus for a moment, and you begin to scan yourself, physically.

You have a panel on your arm for computer chips and the like. It can hold a max of five, there is one located in it at the moment. You feel charged, but your battery pack in your chest is damaged. It is rapidly losing power. It has been shot multiple times with ballistic-type bullets.

You feel that most of your features are disabled at the moment. You are a light humanoid robot.

Someguyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2009, 08:34:30 pm »

First of all, I sent the first picture I made. I'm also only going to do blue, because I'm stubborn like that.

Second of all: Examine the shrapnel surrounding the area.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2009, 08:39:26 pm »

Pour out a little liquid on towel, then go to escape pod

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2009, 08:48:03 pm »

First of all, I sent the first picture I made. I'm also only going to do blue, because I'm stubborn like that.

Second of all: Examine the shrapnel surrounding the area.

You slowly stumble towards the other wreckage. You find the remains, torn apart, and burnt, of other robots, or large peices of what you guess was once part of something larger. On some of the older, deeper pieces, you see moss growing on the scrap metal.

Pour out a little liquid on towel, then go to escape pod

Oh. Guess I didn't word that very well. Forgive me, I meant you are in an escape pod. Small, metal room with escape-y pod things in it.

You uncap the small vial, and pour a tiny amount on the wet towel. The goop jiggles around, but does nothing. It seems to absorb the water, and the goop loses it's colour. You recap the vial.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2009, 08:49:21 pm »

Activate Escape pod
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 08:52:38 pm by Phantom »

Someguyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2009, 08:51:32 pm »

Use your binocular vision to scout out for something, anything in the distance. Check how much power you have in your battery.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2009, 08:58:14 pm »

Activate Escape Pod
It's moving, actually. Damn, I forgot to add a few things for Mr. Red Text, didn't I? Just to recap, he is inside a small, moving, escape pod.

Use your binocular vision to scout out for something, anything in the distance. Check how much power you have in your battery.

You look across the field. For quite a while, are you see is more metal wreckage, and pools of water. But, you finally see something far in the distance, below a snowy mountain. It appears to be a building complex of somekind. It it made out of some type of rock, and it is no way within walking distance.

kholhaus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pissed and Inspired
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2009, 09:04:53 pm »

Examine shuttle for anything relating to a navigation computer or a set course for the escape pod.  If not, take controls if any and head towards nearest solar system and crash on planet that's habitable.

Check if solar panels or any other portable energy generator is built in.
Kholhaus has been inspired recently.
Kholhaus has lost a favorite to tragedy recently.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2009, 09:27:05 pm »

Examine shuttle for anything relating to a navigation computer or a set course for the escape pod.  If not, take controls if any and head towards nearest solar system and crash on planet that's habitable.

Check if solar panels or any other portable energy generator is built in.

You approach the wailing computer panel, still beeping loudly. You press the touch screen, and soon labeled buttons appear on the screen. The symbols written on them are alien, however, and you cannot read what they say.

You try to focus, to study and learn what you are capable of, but you learn nothing. You decide, instead, to read the computer ship in your robotic arm.

It contains basic information about yourself. It suppies your make name, Enhanced Human Light Utitily Droid, Mark One, Number Two, or EHLUD 1:2 for short. You are prized for your ability to preform logic, and make use of your surroundings.

You do not have solar power, however you, energy in the area may be drained to refuel yourself.  Your make is pro-nanotech, whatever that may mean. You were made by a company called STU Co, but no information is given about them, or anything else for that matter.

EDIT- Gah, I am not organized. Forgot to add this to the last post, the one before this one, I mean. Robot-dude is low on energy.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 09:29:27 pm by Dr. Johbson »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6