Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: The adventures of Redshirt, That Robot Dude, and that text that invades our mind  (Read 9991 times)

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dual Space - A Text Adventure
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2009, 09:31:49 pm »

Examine shuttle for anything relating to a navigation computer or a set course for the escape pod.  If not, take controls if any and head towards nearest solar system and crash on planet that's habitable.
You want to get us mutilated and eaten by aliens? Pfft, but anyway.
Attempt to knock you're brain to see if you know engineering skills.. If you don't examine the nav console or whatever and determine whatever planets there are. Land on a habitable one

-If you do know engineering skills, determine the fuel type that the shuttle uses, scan the nearest gas giants or atmospheres(if there is any)to see if any of them hold amounts of the type of fuel youre using. If so, plot course for them and navigate so the gravitational pull will swing you around as you refuel on the edge of its atmosphere. So you can then hopefully hop around the system and look for the old wreckage of your ship to see if you can salvage anything. See if you have a spacesuit on /w O2 stored.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2009, 09:36:04 pm »

Examine shuttle for anything relating to a navigation computer or a set course for the escape pod.  If not, take controls if any and head towards nearest solar system and crash on planet that's habitable.
You want to get us mutilated and eaten by aliens? Pfft, but anyway.
Attempt to knock you're brain to see if you know engineering skills.. If you don't examine the nav console or whatever and determine whatever planets there are. Land on a habitable one

-If you do know engineering skills, determine the fuel type that the shuttle uses, scan the nearest gas giants or atmospheres(if there is any)to see if any of them hold amounts of the type of fuel youre using. If so, plot course for them and navigate so the gravitational pull will swing you around as you refuel on the edge of its atmosphere. So you can then hopefully hop around the system and look for the old wreckage of your ship to see if you can salvage anything. See if you have a spacesuit on /w O2 stored.

You hit your head a few times with your fist, trying to remember. Nothing comes back, and now your head only hurts. In fact, you just realized how badly your head is spinning..

You glance out the window. You see a few stars in the distance. Suddenly, you feel the pod jolt, and then come to an immedite halt.

You look around the pod. In the back, there is a small shelf above the airlock door.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 09:39:37 pm by Dr. Johbson »

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2009, 10:03:30 pm »

Search shelf. Check clothing.
Create a conclusion to why we're here.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2009, 10:15:35 pm »

Check out that building complex.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2009, 10:39:32 pm »

Search shelf. Check clothing.
Create a conclusion to why we're here.

Check out that building complex.

You step away from the computer console, and you open the shelf. Inside, you find a belt with a holster, a small laser pistol, an oxygen tank complete with mask, and finally, a backpack full of space rations.

Remembering only fire, and pain, you believe that you were on a spaceship as it was attacked. What happened afterwards, you have no idea.

You check your pockets again. The vial remains, as long as the alien card with symbols on it.
You have no visible wounds, and you are wearing a leather jacket, on top of a long-sleeved shirt. Your pants are a fine cloth. Your shoes shine a dull black, some type of leather as well.

Your eyes flicker around the room again..And you notice something. You rush over to the window, and try to get the best view that you can, of whats behind the pod. You see a small ship, thats docking onto you. It won't be long until it docked.

The complex is very far away. It would take ages to walk there.

Done for the night, I need some sleep for now. Keep sending in your actions, though, I'll try to work them all in.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2009, 10:56:27 pm »

Grab the belt and fit it on in a rush, grabbing the pistol and loading it as well. Keep your hand on the pistol and keep the door closed and talk to whoever's trying to dock with you in, making sure their non-hostile.

kholhaus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pissed and Inspired
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2009, 11:13:13 pm »

Scan for anything that could be of use, and help rid a few problems on our backs.

No pun intended.
Kholhaus has been inspired recently.
Kholhaus has lost a favorite to tragedy recently.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2009, 11:20:27 pm »

Equip Everything.
Wait until ship boards, Enclave Sidearm, Redshirt gun, Laser Pistol Ready
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 11:27:53 pm by Phantom »

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2009, 04:36:01 am »

Grab the belt and fit it on in a rush, grabbing the pistol and loading it as well. Keep your hand on the pistol and keep the door closed and talk to whoever's trying to dock with you in, making sure their non-hostile.
Equip Everything.
Wait until ship boards, Enclave Sidearm, Redshirt gun, Laser Pistol Ready

You quickly put on all the emergency gear, and you move yourself behind the chair in front of the computer console, as cover. Slowly, the pod docks with the ship. The pounding of metal is heard, but soon it is replaced with a quiet hum.

You turn around for a moment, trying to lock the door with the console, but its symbols are still no help, and pressing buttons at random seems a bad idea.The power on your pod cuts out for a moment, then the airlock door grinds its self open.

Your head buzzing, you conceal yourself on the chair. After a while, You begin to hear slow footsteps, with muffled speaking. Spinning out from your cover, you yell out to them, telling them that you're a friend.You see two human men, with guns. They are wearing cheap looking uniforms, and are quite surprised. Their guns were raised to waist height, but the one in the back dropped his.You raise your small pistol to them, shaking.

The one in the back raises his his arms above his head, but the other one growls at you. He raises his pistol a tiny bit..

Whether from fear, or instinct, or something else, your finger moves of its own accord, and you fire at him. You try to calm your hand, but it is futile. You continue to fire at them, and you cannot even pry the gun from your hands. You fire at them uncontrollably, until your weapon is out of charge. Their screams slowly die out. Your finger is still twitching, and you slowly sink to the floor. Both the men are very dead.

Lightning strikes within meters of yourself. You scan the area, and notice something you didn't notice before. Where the lightning just hit,there is a small hatch door, underneath a dead droid, just over a small hill.

You approach it. On the door, you see the faded words, graffitied onto the hatch, 'Trespassers will be scientifically tested on.'   /color]

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2009, 04:51:02 am »

Search the nearby wreckage for an alternate power supply.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2009, 05:35:33 am »

Search the nearby wreckage for an alternate power supply.

You decide to acquire more power, which is good, because you are very low, and your functions are starting to shut down. You move next to a large pile of rubble, and focus to drain what power you can from them. Your power raises slightly, then lightning strikes you. You reboot, but more of your functions appear to be damaged again. Thermal Vision is your last one.

Maybe you shouldn't do that in a lightning storm.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2009, 06:35:06 am »

> Examine self.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2009, 06:49:23 am »

> Examine self.

You appear to be green text. You seem to be enlarging, growing, the more you think..

Er, what? Its blue and red, not green. I cant do three stories at a time. For now.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2009, 07:01:32 am »

Cease to exist temporarily until the story has room to write in a third character.
Eh?
Eh!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2009, 07:02:14 am »

Go to the hatch and examine it. If there are no distinguishing marks then attempt to open the hatch, moving the wrecked droid if necessary.

I suggest taking some spare parts somewhere comparatively safe and attempting repairs.

Limegreen text feels itself growing, decides that it likes it, and goes viral. Limegreen text thinks about this and suspects that it is a sentient computer virus.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6