Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: Constructrain, An Succesion game. [FULL]  (Read 22496 times)

sava2004

• Bay Watcher
  • Look here! it's a pointless scentence!
    • View Profile
    • Sava2004's website.
Re: Constructrain, An Succesion game. [FULL]
« Reply #90 on: October 09, 2009, 07:27:56 am »

lol.
this rock is studded with rock and on it is engraved a picture of a rock.

Chewykittens

• Bay Watcher
  • Never befor has the letter "c" been so appetizing
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 12, 2009, 07:33:37 pm »

Hey thief, do think you could update soon?

Dante`

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 12, 2009, 08:27:01 pm »

Yo man, today it was snowing as I walked to school in, you guessed it, shorts and a t-shirt. Ftw.

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 13, 2009, 01:37:13 am »

Looks like my week is nearly up. I'll try to finish today, if not I'll post the save anyway.
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 13, 2009, 07:58:18 pm »

7th Slate
We traded with the elves. Useless "ethical works" (none worth more than 30) for wood (we only have limited time before the orcs return), two wooden cages (to add more trap to the orc trap?) a few berries and one barrel of prickle berry wine.

14th Slate
Some migrants have arrived. A milker, two woodcutters (with axes!), a miller, six peasants, a fish dissector, two fisherdwarves, one novice fish-everything, a blacksmith, a furnace operator, a metalcrafter, a weaponsmith, a lye maker, a seige operator, a bone carver, two children, and a cat and a donkey foal.

23rd Slate
Olin Kosothbelal, RIP. May that giant cave spider choke on your bones.
(he was he weaponsmith immigrant)
Rith Satlitast (seige operator) narrowly escaped.
Inod Amugreg (metalsmith) escaped, but with injuries from a ratman.
Fort-wide announcement: "All remains and bones of dead creatures are now forbidden until told otherwise. It's too dangerous for you to venture out alone."

17th Felsite
The wall around the farm was completed, but Vucar Zuntiram (miner) managed to get stuck on the wrong side of it on the connecting passage below. Guess he'll have to dig his way out.

23rd Felsite
Nomal Avalzulban (fisherdwarf) has withdrawn from society...
I suspect we'll end up with a valuable but useless fishbone ring. In fact I bet 5☼ on it.

25th Felsite
Oh joy, she wants leather. We have no leather. So long girl, nice knowing you...

2nd Hematite
Mafol Cattenzuntir is now a wrestling champion. Though she's yet to actually fight *anything at all*.
We're also expecting the orcs back any moment...

3rd Hematite
Dobar Romlamendok is now also a wrestling champion, for the same reasons as Mafol. Congrats, I guess?
Still no orcs.

11th Hematite
Still no orcs?
At least I get an archery range up by the lookout :)

15th Hematite
The humans have arrived.

2nd Malachite
We've managed to get Nomal Avalzulban some leather, and now he's finally started his construction!

Also, still no orcs.

6th Malachite
Well, I lost the bet, it's not even slightly made of bone. It's an olivine crown, which she calls Todorbomrek, or "The Elevated Whip". It is encrusted with olivine, menaces with olivine spikes and has an image of a cedar on it in, you guessed it, olivine. A few muskox leather spikes complete the peice, and I can really see how leather was *really necessary*. It's been valued at 7200☼.

7th Malachite
Sava masterfully traded a lot of junk "crafts" for two iron anvils, some seeds, plants, meat and drinks. Nearly time to breach the lava tunnel!

9th Malachite
Today a goblin got confused and tried to snatch a donkey foal. Naturally the donkey fought back and got quite injured, before bleeding to death.

23rd Malachite
A construction accident has caused Zefon Rigothkasben to die of thirst, trapped without access to water. RIP.
On the plus side, he's inside the fort so we CAN bury him safely.

17th Limestone
The dwarven caravan is here at last!
Uh, do we actually want anything?

7th Sandstone
"Crafts" for some seeds and two bins of leather. Time to make some armour.

8th Sandstone
The mechanisms are in place, the lever has been pulled, we have MAGMA.

23rd Sandstone
The magma is moving a lot slower than expected. The rocks in the magma tunnel have been forbidden to prevent some apparently suicidal dwarves trying to go store them. Not that we have a stone stockpile?

25th Sandstone
Bomrek Adilotung withdraws from society...

27th Sandstone
And begun a construction, apparently entirely made from turtle shell. I bet 5☼ it's something useless.

3rd Timber
It's another crown. This time called Bumalsokan Emar Vuthil, "Worryphrases the Animal of Flights". It is made of turtle shell, circled with bands of turtle shell, has spikes of turtle shell and, rather impressively, has an image of the last orc seige on it. You guessed it, in turtle shell. It's worth 4800☼.

8th Moonstone
Early winter, and no orcs. Where are they?

--
I'm going to finish this tomorrow. I can't leave it at early winter now can I?
Also, where the hell are the orcs?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 08:00:05 pm by Thief^ »
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 13, 2009, 08:17:36 pm »

Huh. The work I did on the defenses must have raised the value enough for another siege.
Or it was random.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Chewykittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 13, 2009, 10:24:03 pm »

I thought we skipped you akigagak...

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 14, 2009, 01:35:06 am »

He's talking about the siege he got and I didn't.

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 14, 2009, 07:25:20 am »

12th Moonstone
That's better.

MOBILISE THE TROOPS!

13th Moonstone
The scouts count:
8 Orc Snipers
5 Orc Lancers
17 Orc Wrestlers
split into two groups, with an Orc Axe Lord leading one and an Orc Master Lasher leading the other.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 07:53:11 am by Thief^ »

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 14, 2009, 04:36:44 pm »

Ok, so I had to reload after flicking the wrong lever. Whoops.

THIS time, we get THREE squads of orcs:
7 Orc Crushers + 8 Orc Wrestlers lead by Orc Master Lasher
6 Orc Slashers + 7 Orc Wrestlers lead by Orc Master Lasher
9 Orc Maulers + 6 Orc Wrestlers lead by Orc Mace Lord

16th Moonstone
We have managed to close the inner gate, shutting one squad orcs on top of the bridge. We thankfully don't have to go through them to get to the lookout point anymore, but we can't actually attack them from here and the other squads are too far off.
I have ordered a passage to be dug, smoothed and carved into fortifications alongside the entrance passageway.

2nd Opal
The orcs retreated outside and allowed us to kill three of them in a hail of bolts. One of the "survivors" has a bolt stuck in his head.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
15th Opal
Two more orcs are killed.
We expanded the "lookout", and can now fire on where they are hanging around.

17th Opal
I've just realised the irony that some of these are orc bone bolts.

26th Opal
A fishery worker has decided that now would be a good time to give birth in the dining room. To be fair, she doesn't have her own room, and there's not much fish-related work to do during a siege.

5th Obsidian
Ditto for a peasant.
We're also beginning to run low on drink, so I ordered some brewed (what's a victory celebration with no drink!?), and to begin farming (we're low on plants to brew too, but have plenty of meat/fish to eat).

18th Obsidian
We managed to lure the orcs back to the gates, five more are now dead from fatal puncturing by crossbow bolt.
But we've run out of bolts now. More have been ordered.

And... done.
Save file is here.
Map file is here.
Next ruler should look into our plant/drink situation, deal with the orcs, move the coffin, finish expanding the lookout point (will need a little construction) and build 30 bedrooms (I already had the beds made) for the immigrants we got (and more for any more which will invariably arrive).
All levers have [N]otes.
The magma still hasn't flowed enough to reach the magma workshops.
The champion wrestlers are still no match for the Orcs.
Dwarves are staying inside due to [o]rders.

WTF, just noticed that the tunnels immediately below the aquifer are only muddy, not actually *wet* now. Apparently digging out an aquifer square and having it fill with water stops the water being able to leak through the floor and get to the squares below it. Next person could perhaps manage to dispose of the water and seal the passage further along, regaining use of the main tunnel and getting us access to some Harlequin Opals.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 06:49:36 pm by Thief^ »

Dante`

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 14, 2009, 06:42:03 pm »

I know no one claims this but this just re-inforces that cats are deadly, even after death.

Chewykittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 15, 2009, 08:46:15 am »

Just wanted to say this: yaaay! 100 replies. Also I'll update after school today.

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 15, 2009, 09:12:42 am »

Tradition continues: You're going to start in the middle of a siege, with the gates shut.

At least you get ammo.

Dante`

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 15, 2009, 11:10:25 am »

If you can start each turn with a siege I consider it a fantastic game.

Chewykittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 15, 2009, 06:24:35 pm »

2nd of Granite year of 203:
I just spent my first night as ruler of this glorified hole in the ground and this morning I begun to compile our priorities in a formal list.  As I walk down the halls I notice a remarkable number of dwarfs on the ground. I have ordered proper, if small bedrooms prepared immediately. I was unsure of the aquifer below us so I had us dig up several layers with the top three designated and several more layers easily added. Should be enough.

10th Granite
Our food and booze stocks disturb me, we currently have very little alcohol for ourselves, I have set several dwarfs to farming to begin fixing this problem.

14th Granite
The orcs have finally fled from our lands. Which gives us time to prepare for the next onslaught I have ordered the 'look out' as our markdwarfs call it to be extended east slightly. I hope to one day have the look out to overhang the entrance entirely.

25 Granite
Traded with the tall one's today. Damn elves brought nothing but cloth with them, and less than a dozen overworld fruits. Which they separated with easily enough.  We currently have a large problem. We currently have less booze than we have dwarfs. I have ordered an additional still and ordered a few more dwarfs to learn to brew. Hopefuly the berries and crops from the elves will prevent my lips from touching that brook.

2nd Slate
Construction of a proper drowning chamber has begun.

10th Slate
1 Engraver
1 Woodcrafter
2 Stonecrafters
5 Peasants
1 Pump operator
2 Children
1 Weaponsmith
1 Lye maker
1 Blacksmith
1 Butcher
1 Fisher
1 Bewer
1 Siege operator
1 Milker
1 Metal smith
and
1 Bone carver
Migrated just now, unfortunately a giant cave spider noticed them being 3 tiles away. I'm going to draft them all and report the casualties.

We had 3 deaths an several injuries.  I've halted construction of the drowning chamber to internalize part of the river so we have water access during a siege. Thief was the dwarf who brought the beast down. I believe it is only fitting that he becomes the captain of the guard.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 01:32:26 pm by Chewykittens »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12