Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Constructrain, An Succesion game. [FULL]  (Read 23129 times)

sava2004

• Bay Watcher
  • Look here! it's a pointless scentence!
    • View Profile
    • Sava2004's website.
Re: Constructrain, An Succesion game. [FULL]
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2009, 05:13:59 pm »

It's not THAT heavily modded. Just orcs, a Cacame engraving mod, and mayday's.
this rock is studded with rock and on it is engraved a picture of a rock.

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2009, 05:18:23 pm »

I may also have forgotten to mention playing the new left4dead campaign on our newly-fixed clan server. :P
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

sava2004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sava2004's website.
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2009, 05:31:14 pm »

Lol, That explains alot :D

sava2004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sava2004's website.
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2009, 04:02:08 pm »

So thief, how's ur turn coming along?

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2009, 05:12:40 pm »

;D

Still alive, don't worry. Apologies for lack of update.

EDIT: Crap, apparently all that bone in the stocks is OUTSIDE, as is the wood. As I don't think my wrestlers stand a chance against the orcs, I'm going to have to channel magma and make metal bolts from this hematite ore in our main corridor.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 06:35:36 pm by Thief^ »
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

sava2004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sava2004's website.
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2009, 09:17:09 pm »

I hope this isn't that first siege (the same one that crushed the guy before you).

Cause if it is, HOLY CRAP YOU'RE SLOW!

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2009, 07:11:04 am »

Actually I've barely started my turn, so it's the seige from your save. Lack of time and the terrible situation you've left me in are to blame.

The bolts you had ran out, killing two orcs and severely injuring another. We have no wood, bones or anvil to make more. We have only a few wrestlers and I'm pretty sure they're going to die horribly if I let them near the orcs.

What's more, we have no way to grow any food, because you placed the farm OUTSIDE and UNDEFENDED, none of our current fort is in soil, and we have no internal access to water, so we can't just stay in here forever or we'll STARVE.

It's taking a lot of fixing.

Dante`

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2009, 07:16:53 am »

So all of your resources are OUTSIDE with the orcs?  What kind of self respecting dwarven fortress leaves everything OUTSIDE then hides INSIDE at the first sign of trouble? Ball up and storm the stockpiles!!! *Predicts a victory* *Beard falls off*

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2009, 07:30:24 am »

No no, he put the stockpiles inside, they're just EMPTY. The FARMS are outside with the orcs. I'm currently tunneling up to just below them, to set up an underground farm in the soil. EDIT: Well there is plenty of food and drink, but nothing else. Except stones. Pity we can't just drop rocks on the orcs without a stonefall trap.

And what kind of self-respecting fort gets stuck inside in a seige with no weapons, armour and no way to make either? The only armour and weapons around seem to be on the orcs.
EDIT: Just found some obsidian short swords. I didn't even know we HAD obsidian, we're definitely nowhere near the magma pipe. None of our dwarves have any sword skill, but it just might help.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 07:56:22 am by Thief^ »

Dante`

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2009, 07:48:53 am »

So your plan is to lure 3 orcs into your fortress, And then beat them sensless, strip them, steal their armor, and go out to infiltrate wearing masks made of the faces of your slain enemies!

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2009, 07:57:20 am »

Something like that.

Chewykittens

• Bay Watcher
  • Never befor has the letter "c" been so appetizing
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2009, 09:24:58 am »

And what kind of self-respecting fort gets stuck inside in a seige with no weapons, armour and no way to make either? 

A fortress who gets a siege it's first year.  Joining this I honestly expected to get the first siege.  If you started playing the first year and got attacked your first winter, you'd be unprepared as well.

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2009, 10:15:47 am »

It is the orc mod, it starts sieges early. You're supposed to be prepared for a first-winter siege with the orc mod.

Dante`

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2009, 12:12:15 pm »

Eh thats why succesion games are FUN challanges.

Just push on I say! And hope your dwarfs dont starve or go crazy in the meantime.  Do you at least have water somewhere inside your fortress?

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2009, 12:20:41 pm »

No.

At least, not without breaching the bottom of a murky pool with an unlucky dwarf.

EDIT: Assuming I can get the "orc trap" to work, I should be able to have my three wrestlers take them on a couple at a time, and I might even be able to win.
EDIT2: Even better, if I can catch them all in the trap, I could leave them there and dig another way out.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 12:27:33 pm by Thief^ »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12