Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: Constructrain, An Succesion game. [FULL]  (Read 22500 times)

Chewykittens

• Bay Watcher
  • Never befor has the letter "c" been so appetizing
    • View Profile
Re: Constructrain, An Succesion game. [FULL]
« Reply #135 on: October 24, 2009, 11:23:15 pm »

So just curious, why did you making preparations for the king already? We haven't gotten economy yet have we?

sava2004

• Bay Watcher
  • Look here! it's a pointless scentence!
    • View Profile
    • Sava2004's website.
« Reply #136 on: October 25, 2009, 08:19:02 am »

no, there's not even an economy yet.

I was just bored, really.
this rock is studded with rock and on it is engraved a picture of a rock.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 25, 2009, 12:52:40 pm »

Right, give me a while.
I problably won't do a decent jounal, Orc World is taking up a chunk of my creativity, and dnd is taking up some more. Then there's school work....

But it's half term now, so this will get done.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 29, 2009, 06:43:01 am »

THIS IS NOT DEAD.

Right, Spring is done. Sorry it took so long. I will finish this, don't worry.

Improved our outside defenses, mostly by removing a lot of ramps and building a wall. The drawbridge is controlled by the new olivine lever in the dining room.

Re-organised the military, because three super squads are a bad idea, it results in most of your military being next to the damn squad leaders bed when they're most needed.

Haven't done anything with the lever-pullers, because I don't fully understand the mecanics of this place.

In early spring, some goblins came to kill some dwarves, and succeeded, because dwarves kept on going to the area around the cave to pick up various bits of crap. ALL OF THE TIME. They also got two of the marksdwarves because we're only using bone bolts, despite the abundance of metal bars.

The sieged ended with a epic battle above the water trap cistern, where on gobbo fell in after being gutted, along with half of two separate(d) goblins, and some goblin limbs.

While the gobbo seige was going on, a glassmaker got a strange mood and insisted a non-magma glass furnace was built. This also prompted a rush to get sand collection sorted out. This meant breaching the aquifier, which suprised chewykittens.

I've got Rith, the non-legendary weaponsmith, training on copper bolts, becuase we need both another legendary weaponsmith, just incase, and metal bolts.

And I've decided on my megaproject: A system of outside walls that protects people working outside, and forces sieges into the death trap.

O SHI-
We are now a barony. We now have a baron, tax-collector, and worst of all, a hammerererer. We now have [dwarven justice]. We are screwed. Crap.

The baron is put up in the future kings quarters, for now, while the tax collector is put up in one of the larger rooms opposite the main staircase, before being locked in his room. The hammerer is forced into a small room, before we brick the door up. As is the barons consort.

The assorted migrants are either turned into masons or soldiers, based on how useful their default job is.

Sorry this took so long, but my connection has been completely down, and I want to ask you something: Should I kill all the nobles?

Usually I would, but this is a succession, so I don't want to do it before atleast asking the other players.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

sava2004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sava2004's website.
« Reply #139 on: October 29, 2009, 07:27:42 am »

leave the nobles.

Chewykittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 29, 2009, 09:00:52 am »

Why was I surprised when the aquifer was breached? 

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 29, 2009, 02:21:01 pm »

You were standing next to it, and it knocked you and a child unconscious.

sava2004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sava2004's website.
« Reply #142 on: October 29, 2009, 02:56:45 pm »

:D

Chewykittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 29, 2009, 10:09:21 pm »

I've always hated aquifers ><

Chewykittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 10, 2009, 11:55:03 pm »

Uhm... My internet has been down for the last 9 days and if I remember correctly, Akigagak's time was officially up on Halloween, it's been 10 days since his time has been up and no one has said anything?

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 11, 2009, 03:16:03 am »

Wait, is it my turn?

If it is, you'd have to wait until I finish my turn at the time machine succession game, which I should start today.
I can swap with whoever's after me if they want.
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 11, 2009, 12:15:19 pm »

Technically it's my turn, but I've got my hands full planning a film shoot and a day of recording sound for a play without words.

Also: Essays and assignments. 7 of them, that are supposed to be 1000-1500 words each, but that I've somehow managed to write that much for without even getting halfway through.

Chewykittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 11, 2009, 03:59:19 pm »

The Rules
1) We will be using v.0.28.181.40d10-16
2) The only mod allowed is the Orc mod, you MUST have it to play.
3)No absolutely crazy megaconstruction that are meant to have no particular purpose and have your name written all over them. It is ok if you decide to make a giant tower, etc. as long as the next players will be able to continue it/find it usefull.
4) We will be playing for one year, from spring to spring. If you take longer than 1 week to finish your turn the next players turn will begin from the old save (skipping you completely),
5) Rping, or posting the important events in the form of a diary is not mandatory. The only thing you must do is upload the entire map to the Dwarf fortress map archive once your turn is complete.

Unless I misunderstand something or an agreement has been made to extend your turn (which considering thief's situation I would have no problem with) your turn has been over for 11 days if we're going from Sava's final turn post which was on oct-24, 10 days if we're going off of your post recognizing Sava finishing, or 5 days if we're going from your first turn-update-post on the 29th.

Ok now that the "I'm and anal ass-hole" part is over. I really have no problems extending your turn, my internet has been off for the past 9 days so I understand that life gets in the way. It was just alarming to see no changes since I went offline.

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 11, 2009, 04:43:25 pm »

Sava seems to have been conspicuously absent from all his games lately. You'll have to step up and take charge until he comes around again if you don't want this to die.
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

Chewykittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 11, 2009, 05:06:21 pm »

Ok then. I vote we give Akigagak until November 20th to finish his turn.

I don't want thief and I to swap turns mainly because I don't want the turn layout for the first 6 years to be sava, akigagak, thief, me, sava, me again.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12