Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Water freezing on mountains  (Read 814 times)

Craftling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Water freezing on mountains
« on: September 22, 2009, 03:47:27 am »

The higher up a mountain you go, the more you expect to see snow. But in DF there isnt any water/snow.
I propose that at a certain z level water should freeze.
Also having hypothermia would be fun.

ajar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Water freezing on mountains
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 03:50:22 am »

Oo, Glaciers melting down and sliding down the mountain ranges one tile per year! I see ice melting and gathering in rain collectors in the middle of a dry place with a magma pipe. There are currently bugs on how water melts, so I guess it's difficult to do more advanced stuff with water when the basics still lack.
And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened. Jesus-

Impaler[WrG]

• Bay Watcher
  • Khazad Project Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 04:43:59 am »

I think what your really saying is that out-door air temperature should decrease with elevation, the temperature drop for each z-level with necessarily be quite exaggerated to produce a noticeable effect on most maps.  Sounds like a good idea and one I haven't seen before, you might want to put this on Eternal Suggestions.
Khazad the Isometric Fortress Engine
Extract forts from DF, load and save them to file and view them in full 3D

Khazad Home Thread
Khazad v0.0.5 Download

Fossaman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 11:31:08 am »

Icecaps, glaciers, and snowcaps are a must have. We can't recreate the entirety of Lord of the Rings until we have them, right? :P
Quote from: ThreeToe
This story had a slide down a chute. Everybody likes chutes.