Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I want my revenge, damnit!  (Read 1709 times)

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile
I want my revenge, damnit!
« on: September 21, 2009, 10:51:51 pm »

Alright, so, I have this vendetta against this Swordmistress, whose the leader of some region. She's killed six of my adventures, all of whom I've sent to assassinate her. Anyways, during my latest, I couldn't find her. The whole town has collapsed into chaos, bodies in the streets, people attacking one another.... crazy. Anyways, I check the legends and find out that the chick has become an enemy of her own faction (don't know how). She's not dead, but i can't seem to find her anywhere. How can I track this awful lady down?
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: I want my revenge, damnit!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 10:53:48 pm »

First, Loyalty Cascade, second, search very town, and local Kobold Farm

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 12:02:04 am »

I've searched the twon with several adventurers, killed just about everyone (by the way, how do i know for sure when everyone in the town is dead?) and, um, Kolbold Farm?
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 04:44:33 pm »

I've searched the twon with several adventurers, killed just about everyone (by the way, how do i know for sure when everyone in the town is dead?) and, um, Kolbold Farm?
Its a Cave Full of Kobolds. Get the joke.
Just search a cave.
And when everyone is dead it will turn into a ruins icon.

durt101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 06:16:06 pm »

What icon is that?

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 06:19:34 pm »

Hey people.
USE THE BLOODY WIKI!
*Phantom storms out.*

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 07:06:10 pm »

It's the same as a mug.

But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 07:55:31 pm »

And if I happen to use the Mike Mayday tileset?

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2009, 07:56:42 pm »

Then it's the symbol mike mayday used for mugs.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Bricks

• Bay Watcher
  • Because you never need one brick.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2009, 09:15:16 pm »

Hey people.
USE THE BLOODY WIKI!
*Phantom storms out.*

Don't.  It's not cute, and it doesn't portray the community as helpful.

Besides, it's not as though he started a new topic to ask his question.
EMPATHY - being able to feel other peoples' stuff.

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2009, 04:17:46 pm »

Actually, it's not mugs, it's crowns. Which is odd, you'd think that would denote a capital.

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2009, 04:56:16 pm »

Back to my original post, though- is there ANY WAY i can find this woman? The Legends state that she hasn't died, but she is an enemy of both her nation and her group (so I suppose this means she is no longer a leader?). I have systematically emptied the entire town of inhabitants, it is marked as a ruin, she is not there.

Where has she gone? It's been ten years since I last saw her. I NEED MY REVENGE PLEASE!

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2009, 05:00:49 pm »

Check cave.
Check civ cities

RebelZhouYuWu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2009, 10:06:05 pm »

If you attacked the city enough, you have most likely caused a migration away from the city, check the map for any moving symbols marking groups of people around the city and check and destroy every city and cave in an increasing area until you destroy everyone in the world.  If said person is still alive, they have likely attained godhood from the vast amount of adventurer kills.

Easy Undwarfly Mode
Retire adventurer in a town and check legends mode for the last entries in the log about said person.  Should give a hint on where this person is.

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2009, 11:49:49 pm »

But surely, after skipping ten years (I started, abandoned, reclaimed a fortress ten times) she would have gotten to where she was going... or found to her old place or something....

She a swordmaster and a former leader. That would give her a good resume...
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 05:37:38 pm by Cespinarve »
Pages: [1] 2