Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Any games out there where I can gas my opponents to death?  (Read 3669 times)

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Any games out there where I can gas my opponents to death?
« on: September 21, 2009, 05:48:41 pm »

I'm talking about stomping around throwing gas canisters around and watching my opponents choke to death or die in horrible nasty ways while I chuckle behind my gas-mask or full body enviroment suit.

There's nothing wrong with me. > . >

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Any games out there where I can gas my opponents to death?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 06:03:19 pm »

Space Station 13. If we ever fix atmos, you can flood the ENTIRE LEVEL with lethal gasses, both invisible, visible but nonlethal, and visible and HIGHLY flammable.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 06:08:09 pm »

Or you could mod, or ask someone to mod an existing game to do something similar.

Might be a nice project for me after my current one.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 06:11:44 pm »

Postal 2 + expansion pack had a gas canister that made people vomit blood and die

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 06:12:32 pm »

SS13 sounds interesting, but I can't even begin to get it to work...heck, I don't know where to get a version I can play with you guys. Also you wouldn't appreciate me flooding the station with toxic gas for giggles. I really would like to get in on a game at some point.

Postal? Well, I'd have to buy it. :P

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 06:21:27 pm »

probably not what you want, but I killed my fair share of enemies in Jagged Alliance 2 with mustard gas. It felt really good too (well, they started it! ::))
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 06:28:30 pm »

Just go to byond.com and follow the instructions. Then find Space Station 13 on the site. And yes, typically we don't like it, but occasionally, you get to be a traitor.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2009, 06:29:41 pm »

This WW2 Commando game, its fun running around in a german officer uniform with a gas mask and gas your troops.

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2009, 10:40:12 pm »

I have recently begun to notice a distinct lack of chemical weapons in videogames of all kinds, myself. It's not like mustard gas technology died out in World War I; it was just so horrible nobody could see a situation dire enough to call for it. But when the world is being taken over by superintelligent beings from planet 10, I say, why the heck not? Although the "superintelligent" bit may sorta negate that, we nonetheless smash the aliens nicely with chainsaws and bullets, so I doubt they're able to counter a gas that turns you inside out.
A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2009, 10:45:20 pm »

Gas usually takes the back seat to biggar explosions or freaky bioweapons, probably because gas is kind of boring. It sort of goes 'psssh' and then people die. Woo, exciting.

Mr Tk

• Bay Watcher
  • Would you like a mint? It's only waffer thin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2009, 10:54:40 pm »

I was going to suggest the Oddworld games, but then you said gas canisters...
First ten minutes of play I ate my loincloth and then got some limbs torn off by a super friendly rat. Thumbs up from me.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2009, 11:13:55 pm »

Of course the other reason you don't see Gas all that often is that annoying Nazi connotation.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2009, 11:30:46 pm »

Gas usually takes the back seat to biggar explosions or freaky bioweapons, probably because gas is kind of boring. It sort of goes 'psssh' and then people die. Woo, exciting.

Example of this sort of lame posion gas weapon: Mustard Gas in "Warfare 1917".
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2009, 11:35:22 pm »

Example of this sort of lame posion gas weapon: Mustard Gas in "Warfare 1917".
It burns your flesh I think.
The skin of victims of mustard gas blistered, the eyes became very sore and they began to vomit. Mustard gas caused internal and external bleeding and attacked the bronchial tubes, stripping off the mucous membrane. This was extremely painful and most soldiers had to be strapped to their beds. It usually took a person four or five weeks to die of mustard gas poisoning. One nurse, Vera Brittain, wrote: "I wish those people who talk about going on with this war whatever it costs could see the soldiers suffering from mustard gas poisoning. Great mustard-coloured blisters, blind eyes, all sticky and stuck together, always fighting for breath, with voices a mere whisper, saying that their throats are closing and they know they will choke."

By the way, if anyone says Fuel Air Bomb, not even close.
Depends on what gas.
Drown your enemies in gas
Choke your enemies with gas
Burn your enemies with gas
Or explode enemies with gas.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 11:50:55 pm by Phantom »

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2009, 08:18:25 am »

Try dungeon keeper. You get gas traps, and you can recruit bile demons, who hurl toxic balls of gas (just don't ask where it come from).
Pages: [1] 2