Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Discussion: Mafia Subforum Policies  (Read 12687 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion: Mafia Subforum Policies
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2009, 02:24:43 pm »

Well, yes... but you are the Mod of the Year or something.  I'm trying to figure out why Quantum and Weirdo II are dead.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2009, 02:25:47 pm »

Quantum = Because nobody can make any fucking sense of it?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2009, 02:27:00 pm »

I think CJ has other RL commitments now, so may have had to stop doing Weirdo Mafia.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2009, 02:27:04 pm »

I wish it would come back, I like it alot.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2009, 02:38:46 pm »

I wish it would come back, I like it alot.

Yeah.  It's really quite good.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2009, 04:44:54 pm »

Well, we could suggest leaving it unlocked. That way, if a game was not updated within a certain time period, you could prod the whole game.

I'm thinking this might work, but it requires players respecting the policy as a whole. Usually they do.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2009, 05:24:18 pm »

I have a big issue I need to bring up very soon.  Can't yet, but soon.

Look forward to it.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2009, 01:10:28 am »

FINALLY get to bring it up, now that Parallel World Mafia has ended;  What to do when you need a sub for a Mafia.

Problem:  In one of the 'games' in PWM, one of the two mafia had died.  However, the second one was alive but had requested a sub and couldn't play anymore.  Night was about to come.

So, what can I do?

A few ideas showed up, including letting the active, but dead player choose the kill.  Another option is to randomize the kill.  A third was to just no action.  The last was to just hold the game.

It's a similar, though lesser, problem for PRs.  Just what DO you do with them?  Particularly, what can be done that won't either clue the town in that the mafia is the missing player or else give too much advantage?
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2009, 03:05:12 am »

Letting the dead player choose would normally be acceptable, however in Parallel, it would have been bad because the dead player still might have motives against his living but inactive comrade.

However, in that situation, the person that asked for a replacement could probably find the time to give a kill order every night if it comes to that.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2009, 01:35:05 am »

Another thing... do we want to have a thread where we can discuss what we thought of recent games/types of games we'd like to see from mods?  I don't know if that turns this too much into a "buyers and sellers market" thing, but I feel like it could be a good idea.  Some people seem to want to play lighter games but haven't been saying too much about it; others want bastard mods out the ears; BYOR seems to be very, very popular right now.  It also might be interesting to post ideas for games there to discuss them, and consolidate in a way.

Let me know if I'm crazy.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2009, 01:42:28 am »

Another thing... do we want to have a thread where we can discuss what we thought of recent games/types of games we'd like to see from mods?  I don't know if that turns this too much into a "buyers and sellers market" thing, but I feel like it could be a good idea.  Some people seem to want to play lighter games but haven't been saying too much about it; others want bastard mods out the ears; BYOR seems to be very, very popular right now.  It also might be interesting to post ideas for games there to discuss them, and consolidate in a way.

Let me know if I'm crazy.
Actually, I'd say that's a good idea. A megathread of sorts, with idea discussions and requests flying around.

I wish the mafia board as a whole was a bit more organized and fewer games were run simultaneously. Some interesting ideas have been lost due to too few players.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2009, 01:59:07 am »

All right.  I'll start the thread (and call it something like "market regulation" or something, mostly because that's what I thought of) once I hear some more opinionata.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2009, 02:12:10 am »

"Mafia Gametypes Discussion Thread"
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2009, 02:16:07 am »

... Clearly, you are much, much better than I am  :)  I can think up the ideas okay, but the names elude me >_>

What do you think of the idea in and of itself, though?

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2009, 02:24:01 am »

I'll show you what I think.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6