Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Gladiator RTD! Turn 6, Tiger dead, no deaths through first bloodings!  (Read 14913 times)

Bogre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry. Had to deal with some stuff :(

So here goes:

I I pry open the dead dog-on-a-stick that I have and rip out any organ I can find. I then throw the organ at the tiger.

You bloodthirstly rip open the corpse and pull out its entrails (5)! Quickly fashioning a lariat out of bowel, you throw it at the tiger (RTD: 5 + 1 with mad butcher help) who is caught by the leg! You now have an intestine lariat, attached to a tiger foot.

Get my ax back. Chances are I'm going to need it

Help Maceris

Lupus looks over to to his teammates. "Any ideas?"

You rip your axe out with a mighty tug (4) and, using your butchering skills for good, manage to patch Cato's chest back together, stopping the bleeding. You retrieve Maceris's bowel
I will quickly untangle everything and then pick up my javelin and prepare to fight.

Flintus works furiously at untangling his weapons, and after a frenzy of activity is lying on the floor, tied together in a big mess. (1, -1 to defense, -2 to attacks)

Throw the dog at Gurt, put my mask back on, and CHARGE!

You rip the dog off your face and swing it by the tail like a crude sling! Launching it (3) at Gert(4), he laughs and snaps his whip at the dog, splitting its skull in midair, but you charge forth!

Take dog head off of my arm and put it on my head
[
You remove the dog head off your arm, carefully pulling the teeth out, and plop the bloody thing on your head, though crude it probably will give you some protection.

I follow the first man to charge and protect his back.

Screaming bloody murder, you charge alongside Dragnar. Your attack (3) misses widely (RTD: 5), and Gert draws his gladius, stabbing at you! (4) (Rasihul RTD: 3) He easily stabs past your defenses, and cuts you through your pauldron! You now have a minor wound on the shoulder.

"Rashilix, let's flank and cover."

*Assuming Rashilix comes with me I'll begin flanking Gert and his pet.*

You flank, (2) but now find yourself alone- and have drawn the attention of Rindclaw! The powerful tiger leaps from Gert's side, claws outstretched as the crowd roars for your blood. Seeing the tigers mad charge (2) you use your defensive mind to formulate a plan (RTD: 6+1 for defensive fighter) and sidestep. The tiger smashes into the Arena wall, dizzying it and giving it a big crush on the skull!

Stand up, and turn to face the new threat.

You proudly stand, and your mind takes stock of the situation (5). Calling out a battle plan using your tactical mind, you bellow it out to your friends and you all gain the upper hand! (immunity to critical failures for one turn).

Character List
Name: Cato Ambustu
Status: Moderate wound in chest, commanding battlefield (gives the upper hand)
Spoiler: Background (click to show/hide)

Name:Paulus

Name: Maceris
Spoiler: background (click to show/hide)

Name: Lupus "The Butcher" Prowne

Name:Flintix
Status: Minor bite on left calf, hopelessly entangled (-2 to attacks, -1 to defense)

Name: Rashilix

Name: dragnar
Status:  Minor bite on face, one bleeding minor bite to face.

Area: Arena crowd chanting "GERT, GERT, GERT" (-1 to actions involving morale), Gert the Beasttamer and Rindclaw, the tiger.

You seem to have the upper hand.

Spoiler: GERT (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RINDCLAW (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 04:35:43 pm by Bogre »

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cheer

I attempt to parry and counter his next blow.
If he doesn't attack me, I try to wound one of his legs.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile

I charge Gert and serve him a helping of double axe to the face!

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I reel the tiger in and rip off one of its ears with my teeth.

Then, I'll spit out the ear in Gert's direction.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile

Use tactical advantage to get everyone to attack at once, overwhelming Gert.

Charge in with everyone else and strike at Gert's heart, letting out a mighty roar!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 10:23:31 pm by RandomNumberGenerator »
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile

Maneuver behind Gurt, and while he is busy defending against everyone else, I chop off his head.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Let go a great shout and untangle myself!

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile

*Strike at the tiger while I've got a good opening, keeping my shield tight so I can deflect attacks if necessary.
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

Bogre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The crowd continues to chant as Gert is surrounded and the Tiger caught. Gert merely laughs, breaking into lightning speed as he lashes his whip at Dragnar (Attack: (6) (7/7) (RTD: 3). The whip winds around Dragnar's neck, and Gert flexes his arm, sending Dragnar crashing to the ground, who is now suffocating (-2 dodge). Though you notice his lash has opened a cut above his eye- (Gert -1 to dodge). He stabs down at the fallen dragnar ( (6) ouch...randomized targetting hit you again) RTD: 4-2 = 2, the gladius absolutely impaling Dragnar's left leg, and he twists severing flesh and the hamstring, crippling him for the moment.

*Strike at the tiger while I've got a good opening, keeping my shield tight so I can deflect attacks if necessary.

You slash down at the tiger (1 + 2 for upper hand/dizzy tiger) and give it a minor wound to the back.

Use tactical advantage to get everyone to attack at once, overwhelming Gert.

Charge in with everyone else and strike at Gert's heart, letting out a mighty roar!

Roaring, you thrust your spear at Gert's heart (4) (RTD: 4-1= 3) He manages to avoid his heart being pierced but takes a moderately bleeding wound to the stomach!

Let go a great shout and untangle myself!

Flintus twists and twists and twists but manages to do not much. (1+1 avoiding failures)

Cheer

I attempt to parry and counter his next blow.
If he doesn't attack me, I try to wound one of his legs.

Rasihul slashes downwards with your sword, (4) (RTD: 2-1) you see an opportunity and sever tendons in Gert's
calf, sending him to his knees! (-1 to attack) and he is bleeding freely from an open wound.

Maneuver behind Gurt, and while he is busy defending against everyone else, I chop off his head.

Dragnar, impaled and gasping for breath, sees his chance, and hacks his blade into Gert's now close neck (6) (RTD: 5-4) doing a serious blow and sending blood flying everywhere! The crowd roars with bloodlust, they stop chanting for Gert. The action drains you, and you fall unconscious, still suffocating. You are now known and liked by the crowd.

I charge Gert and serve him a helping of double axe to the face!

Flipping your axes, you see Gert, on his knees, just like all those others you butchered. He's no different, as you slam your two axes into his face (5) (RTD: 1) into both of his eyes, finishing him. You are now recognized by the crowd (1/3).

The tiger turns, and woozily claws at Paulus. (5-1=4) (RTD: 2+1=3 defensive) Paulus takes the block on his shield, which takes a large claw rake down it.

I reel the tiger in and rip off one of its ears with my teeth.

Then, I'll spit out the ear in Gert's direction.

You tug on the lariat hard (5), ripping the unfortunate tiger across the stadium. Seizing the opportunity to bite a tiger, you chomp down (RTD: 5-2 for stunned/surprised) and manage to rip his ear off, making it howl in pain and enraging it. (-1 to attacks, +1 to damage). You spit the hairy ear towards Gert's corpse.

You are now recognized by the crowd (1/3)

Character List
Name: Cato Ambustu
Status: Moderate wound in chest, commanding battlefield (gives the upper hand)

Name:Paulus

Name: Maceris

Name: Lupus "The Butcher" Prowne

Name:Flintix
Status: Minor bite on left calf, hopelessly entangled (-2 to attacks, -1 to defense)

Name: Rashilix

Name: dragnar
Status:  Unconscious, suffocating. Minor bite on face, one bleeding minor bite to face, small bruise on throat, bleeding from crippled leg.

Area: Rindclaw the Tiger, crowd shocked and cheering for bloodshed.

Spoiler: The body of GERT (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RINDCLAW (click to show/hide)
[/quote]

Spoiler: ARENA STANDINGS (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 11:26:26 pm by Bogre »

Bogre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gladiator RTD! Turn 5, Gert dead, at heavy price! Flintus still tangled.
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2009, 10:31:44 pm »

Craziest rolls ever.

Gert rolled a 100 for init, hit dragnar twice with two 7's, and rolled 3 6's in a row?

Flintus...has now rolled three 1's in a row?

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2009, 11:07:47 pm »

What, I don't get any recognition from the crowd for either devising tactics or skewering Gert on my spear?
Place Gert's head atop my spear and lift it high into the air!

Remove Gert's pauldron and equip it.

EDIT:
I'll takes the greaves too, since nobody else seems to be interested.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 09:50:19 am by RandomNumberGenerator »

Bogre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2009, 11:25:05 pm »

What, I don't get any recognition from the crowd for either devising tactics or skewering Gert on my spear?

At the end of the fight further adjustments will be made. But I mean, compared to lassoing a tiger with entrails then biting off its ear?

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2009, 12:05:47 am »

Unwrap the whip around Dragnar's neck

Kill the tiger

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2009, 12:11:26 am »

At the end of the fight further adjustments will be made. But I mean, compared to lassoing a tiger with entrails then biting off its ear?
I get your point, but compared to attacking someone who is already kneeling down with several giant gaping wounds and their head nearly cut off?

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2009, 12:12:05 am »

I hold my trident with one hand, and with a truly barbaric show of strength, heft the tiger above my head and bring it down upon the trident, full force.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8