Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Gladiator RTD! Turn 6, Tiger dead, no deaths through first bloodings!  (Read 14917 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile

Alright, I won't hang back, I'll just try to be the last to join the fray (hopefully the crowd won't remember if I kill enough dogs afterward).
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile

Flank from the sides and wait until I have a good opening. If a dog anything charges me, skewer them before they reach me.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 09:06:09 am by RandomNumberGenerator »
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yell loudly, and charge forward.  Push through anyone who stands in my way and begin to stab randomly viciously.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 12:40:17 am by Apostolic Nihilist »

Bogre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gladiator RTD! Turn 1, a brutal welcome to the Arena, Novii. Actions 5/7
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2009, 12:44:59 am »

*evil grin*

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2009, 04:45:40 am »

Throw my javelin into the pack and then hold my gladius and net and prepare to ensnare the first dog to attack me.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2009, 09:07:27 am »

Throw my javelin into the pack and then hold my gladius and net and prepare to ensnare the first dog to attack me.
Wait a min, why do you have an extra item? Aren't we only allowed three?
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2009, 11:16:12 am »

is it still possible to join?

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2009, 11:27:43 am »

is it still possible to join?
You'll replace the first person to die.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2009, 11:48:43 am »

*Charges out with (Rashilul) and fights at his side or back so we can protect each other from flanking somewhat*

(preferred tactics, defensive stance... lure them into range, block attacks with shield and then stab)
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

Bogre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2009, 12:59:43 pm »

Sparse shouting from the crowd can be heard, as the fight begins!

Charge forward and try to block any attacks.

You rush forwards across the sands and slam into the packs of drooling mongrels (4), stunning the first one in the path (-1 to offense/defense)! One of its friends leaps for your lower arm(5)! RTD: (4) It manages to latch on to your lower right arm, but only barely bites you! You now have a scratch and a dog latched onto your lower arm.

Kick sand into the pack, then charge what looks like the leader.

You raise your foot back and kick it into the sand (3) sending up a cloud of dust that doesn't really reach the pack. This only makes you angry, and you charge the closest dog, on Rasilux's arm (4)! (Dog RTD: (1) Striking with two axes, you send one into the dogs chest and one lops the dogs head straight off! The crowd cheers at the brutality!

Yell loudly, and charge forward.  Push through anyone who stands in my way and begin to stab randomly viciously.

You release a scream and bound into the fray, your trident raised high! (4) Mongrel RTD: (1) One of the snarling mongrels turns, and bites at you, but your trident's long reach merely makes a dog-on-a-stick of him! (+2 damage, dog has died).

*note* You now have a wooden javelin and leather breastplate to fit within the startup rules

Flintus squares himself, arm drawing back to release the javelin. (3) RTD: (2) The javelin hits the dog, gouging its shoulder. It yelps and rushes through the sands hungrily for you. Dog: (5) The hungry mongrel bites you on the leg! You have a minor bite to the lower left calf. You attempt to ensnare it as it charges (3) but you take the opportunity to avoid a vicious bite. 

Flank from the sides and wait until I have a good opening. If a dog anything charges me, skewer them before they reach me.

You circle, and spy the dog beaten back by Rashilul! Your cunning mind believes this to be an easy target, and you sprint forwards, lunging with your spear! (3) Dog RTD: (3-1=2) You land a hit on it's stomach, giving the dog a bleeding wound! One of the unengaged mongrels now bites at your face! (4) RTD: (5) You leap back, protecting your face, while the dogs teeth just click on your breastplate.

*Charges out with (Rashilul) and fights at his side or back so we can protect each other from flanking somewhat*

(preferred tactics, defensive stance... lure them into range, block attacks with shield and then stab)

You charge forwards, stepping up to Rashilul's side (2) but your position gives you no defensive bonus. One of the remaining dogs strikes first! (1) But you use your shield to block him and strike back with your axe, doing a moderate gash to the dog's shoulder! (3)

Alright, I won't hang back, I'll just try to be the last to join the fray (hopefully the crowd won't remember if I kill enough dogs afterward).

"Fuck this, let the others get them!" You wait until the others have had their actions, but a pair of dogs single you out first! At least you are ready for their attacks. They attack from both sides (5) (1). RTD: (3, but prepared) The first dog leaps over your shield and lands on your face, teeth scrabbling over your facemask but still doing a minor wound to your temple! The other dog leaps, but you see past a foaming mouth it's attack and stick out your gladius, doing a greivous wound to its jaw. It is now bleeding heavily.

Character List
Name: Cato Ambustu
Spoiler: Background (click to show/hide)

Name:Paulus

Name: Maceris
Spoiler: background (click to show/hide)

Name: Lupus "The Butcher" Prowne

Name:Flintix

Name: Rashilix
Status: Scratch on right arm, feral dog head latched on to right arm.

Name: dragnar

"Are you not entertained? Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here? "
-Maximus Decimus Meridius, Gladiator

Area: 2 dead mongrels, 1 mongrel with a minor wound, 1 with graze and a heavy wound, bleeding, 1 bleeding heavily, one atop Dragnar's head, uninjured, 1 with moderate gash.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 09:11:45 pm by Bogre »

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2009, 01:03:55 pm »

Attack the dog on dragnar's head.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2009, 01:16:40 pm »

Throw one of my axes at one of the dogs.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Gladiator RTD! Turn 2, Mongrel heads go flying. Actions 2/7
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2009, 04:20:05 pm »

Throw the dog on my head at the other dog then attempt to finish them both off.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2009, 05:05:58 pm »

Raise my trident up into the air and let out a roar, rallying the crowd.

Afterwards, look for a nearby dog that isn't attacking anyone, and CHARGE!

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2009, 05:09:49 pm »

*Bash the dog I've injured with my shield to stun it and lay into it with my axe.*
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8