Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: I need a hobby.  (Read 5944 times)

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
I need a hobby.
« on: September 21, 2009, 02:04:59 pm »

As the title suggests, i've come to realise that i spend waaaaaaaaay too much time online.

(Or, rather, other people realise that i spend "too much" time on games and whatnot.)

I therefore, require a nice diversionary Hobby. I am currently learning C++ to facilitate in other projects, but that does not eat up that much time.

Something that isnt a sport would be preferable, unless it's an obscure one. (basically not Football or rugby, or any other, horrible contact sport).

Anything at all really, as long as it dosent eat up my monies too much.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I need a hobby.
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 02:36:00 pm »

Well ye could try taking a fun class at a nearby community college (assuming you have one). Like I've got an ornamental ironwork class thats alot of fun and if your only doing the projects you don't have to pay extra unless you want to do your own project. Even then at least for that class its not that pricy and you can always go to a scrap yard and scavenge some decent metal.

Mr Tk

• Bay Watcher
  • Would you like a mint? It's only waffer thin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 08:01:31 pm »

Learn to juggle, learn to ride a unicycle, paint, draw (even if it's bad), write, make models, learn to fix engines, play badminton (ok it's not obscure, but I don't like sports and I like badminton), read books, take up photography, play the piano/flute/sax/insert any other musical instrument here, solve maths problems for fun, etc, etc, etc.

Do you want me to go on?
First ten minutes of play I ate my loincloth and then got some limbs torn off by a super friendly rat. Thumbs up from me.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 08:11:09 pm »

... Latin dance?

It's what I do with my free time. :D
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 10:29:51 pm »

You should learn to scat.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 10:31:29 pm »

I've always found psychology to be an interesting hobby.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 10:52:40 pm »

Running is cool.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 12:45:48 am »

-
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 07:42:44 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2009, 03:00:51 am »

Hunting? Lots of time outside, good for working on your senses, and hey you get to kill things and eat em.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2009, 05:05:30 am »

Creative writing? I find that it's a wonderful form of expression.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2009, 05:10:24 am »

Cook. Learn to bake and fry and boil and chop. You'll be more knowledgeable AND you'll have better meals in the future.

Mr Tk

• Bay Watcher
  • Would you like a mint? It's only waffer thin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2009, 05:32:55 am »

Cook. Learn to bake and fry and boil and chop. You'll be more knowledgeable AND you'll have better meals in the future.

Plus it's a good way to pull in the ladies. Seriously if you can cook even a little bit well it goes a long way.
First ten minutes of play I ate my loincloth and then got some limbs torn off by a super friendly rat. Thumbs up from me.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2009, 06:06:47 am »

So many ideasssss!

But yeah, running is cool. Especially now that autumn is approaching and the air is cool enough to run.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2009, 08:15:04 am »

Creating games. It trains your creativity AND coding skills. Also, the skills in trying to learning how to make games becomes very useful if you ever decide to go into technical research in the future. I've got some sweet technical research skills from researching for crappy games.

Or, yeah, cooking is awesome.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2009, 08:42:37 am »

As the title suggests, i've come to realise that i spend waaaaaaaaay too much time online.

(Or, rather, other people realise that i spend "too much" time on games and whatnot.)

I therefore, require a nice diversionary Hobby. I am currently learning C++ to facilitate in other projects, but that does not eat up that much time.

Something that isnt a sport would be preferable, unless it's an obscure one. (basically not Football or rugby, or any other, horrible contact sport).

Anything at all really, as long as it dosent eat up my monies too much.

Mail! (as in, the armour)
There you go!
Also a good link: http://www.mailleartisans.org/
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6