Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: -  (Read 5722 times)

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: I've been supporting the wrong side.
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2009, 07:30:22 pm »

I generally like the middle ground position, as there are liberal and democratic ideas I don't agree with, but I've been leaning towards the left lately just because of the sheer number of extreme right politicians.  And because of Rush Limbaugh, who is a special case.  Because he's just so horribly far into the right, that from the Earth's curve he almost comes out of the left.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2009, 07:45:27 pm »

Support me  8). I'm working towards a caste based society, based on chin size.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2009, 07:48:32 pm »

I have the biggest chin! When my chin is full inflated, Aqizzar's pales in comparison!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2009, 08:08:43 pm »

Support me  8). I'm working towards a caste based society, based on chin size.

Wow, imagine waiting in line for someone to measure your chin so you know your social class.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2009, 08:57:11 pm »

Personally, I consider myself a Third-Wing sort of guy.

I say we eliminate poverty by eliminating the underlying problem:

The poor.

Preferably with napalm.

Hey, I agree with that too!

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2009, 09:38:46 pm »

The poor.

Preferably with napalm.

But Indonesia is an extremely poor country. What kind of war minister supports that.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2009, 09:43:44 pm »

The poor.

Preferably with napalm.

But Indonesia is an extremely poor country. What kind of war minister supports that.
We'll just sold ourself to the Nihon Corporation.

Hey, what a genius idea! I'll submit it to the Ministry of Enslavery!

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2009, 09:47:36 pm »

Let me guess, you're going to call it the war on poverty, despite it only making the problem worse with the vast expenditures required for all that military action. That's not even going into what will happen when you end up needing more people due to economic changes.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2009, 11:41:35 pm »

Let me guess, you're going to call it the war on poverty, despite it only making the problem worse with the vast expenditures required for all that military action. That's not even going into what will happen when you end up needing more people due to economic changes.

"War on Poverty? I'll just deposit that napalm to here... Deep-strike SF teams over here... Massacre people by freeing terrorists by here..."

"We have no money? Just PRINT THOSE MONEY! Eh, you mean there are no more materials to print the papers? We'll just squeeze them out of the money-grubbing bastards!"

"We are losing men? THEN MAKE THEM, you fool! Destroy all condoms and those anti-pregnancy tools! We are going to STRIKE BACK!"

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2009, 11:50:53 pm »

Hold it for a minute, I need to calculate something.

*Pulls out one of those calculators that comes with a roll of paper attachement*

Hmmm... according to my calculations, by the year 2012 your country will be several hundred million in debt and have -45832 population.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2009, 12:30:19 am »

I'm more middle wing. Both sides have good points.

Lol, Indonesia has plenty of rich people.. killing all the poor would make the population about the size of Denmark, and probably richer too :P
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2009, 08:46:48 am »

IWM strikes back!!!

dun dun dun DUN du-dun dun dudun! ...
<Darth Vader theme>

Seriously you can't go around printing money. You know why money was made? Because it was better than bartering with beads or something. like: I give you my cow you give me that shiny sword, so its a deal!

The country has to own enough wealth to be able to print money...

SniHjen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Hacenten
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2009, 09:03:42 am »

the current ruling party in Denmark, is a center/right party called "the liberal left."
That [Magma] is a bit deep down there, don't you think?
You really aren't thinking like a dwarf.

If you think it is down too far, you move it up until it reaches an acceptable elevation.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2009, 09:11:29 am »

LOL. I don't know if the "we can print more money" was a jab at Indonesian politicians, but it's pretty much what they did.

Quote from: Wikipedia
..the invaders soon printed excessive quantities of money, and it was quickly apparent that hyperinflation was in progress...

..This inflation was caused by the Republican government, which was printing money to meet its obligations in the face of limited income of its own. By January 1947, 310 million rupiah had been printed in republican Java alone..

..Rampant forgery only served to exarcebate the inflation of the Indonesian money...

As of August 2009[update], one United States dollar is worth approximately 9,900 Indonesian rupiah.

Yup, printing more money sounds like what an Indonesia War Minister would do ;)
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2009, 09:41:21 am »

Depends.  On way of viewing it is to have two different measures - Conservative ---- Liberalism, and Libertarianism ---- Authoritarianism.  Under such a system, you can start to see some of the forms of government (fascism - extreme conservative/ authoritarian, communism - extreme liberalism/ authoritarianism etc).  Of course, this is a ridiculous oversimplification, but it helps to show that not everything can be put on a left/ right chart.
So, the goal is really to get as far away from facism - towards liberal/Libertarianism - but all the liberal philosophies are authoritarian and all the libertarian philosophies are conservative?

(note: this is purely a conclusion from that single post, not necessary something I am inclined to believe believed or an argument against it, just a free-standing question)
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5