Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: -  (Read 5719 times)

Ai Shizuka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I've been supporting the wrong side.
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2009, 02:09:58 pm »

I have my own ideas and beliefs.
Most of them coincide with what's considered right-wing, but on some issues I could be considered a left-wing radical.

Categorizations are stupid and I consider them the biggest problem of our modern western political systems. I hate my country's system, where we are classified as A, B, C, D or E. I don't think I'd be able to tolerate the "A or B" US style.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2009, 02:13:50 pm »

Hawkfrost: Ahem, you haven't explained "your side" , so how are you gonna convince him? :D
Besides you're in canada and he's speaking about USA I think (if this matters... and yes I know what you ment)

Forget what I said earlier. Goverments are big assholes all over the world. I just realised how big of an asshole Polish president is...
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 02:21:45 pm by Rooster »

SniHjen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Hacenten
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2009, 02:18:00 pm »

Voicing my opinion and trolling are too very different things. When I wrote that, I meant it,
True

I genuinely feel that the world would be a worse place if everyone always faced the facts.
what's the alternative? living in happy happy joy joy land inside you head? I seriously have no idea.

Also, an overbearing government and kind hearted people are not the same thing. What I'm saying is that the government shouldn't interfere in a detrimental way in the lives of others,

Ofcause not, if the goverment did so, you should rebel against it!
taxing them for being successful and generally throwing up roadblocks to free enterprise.

Did you go to public school?
Did you walk on a road?
Did you drink tapwater, pumped to you by a municipal watertreatment plant?
Did you see a police officer?

So you do not recognize that taxing is a way of centralizing funds, so that grand projects, like roads, and public transport system can be done?

That doesn't mean I don't think the government should help the poor, I'd rather it was done through independent charities but that's not the point. I felt I made this very clear in my opening post.
We on the "Left" on the other hand, are ironically labeled the "good guys" for wanting the government to step up to the 'charity' plate, precisely because we don't trust human nature enough to expect society to take care of it's own out of pocket.
I'm with Aqizzar on this one.
That [Magma] is a bit deep down there, don't you think?
You really aren't thinking like a dwarf.

If you think it is down too far, you move it up until it reaches an acceptable elevation.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2009, 02:25:12 pm »

I have my own ideas and beliefs.
Most of them coincide with what's considered right-wing, but on some issues I could be considered a left-wing radical.
This for me. Although I will admit a good amount of my dislike for the left is based around them being jackasses. Not all of them mind you, but it is a very good amount. My dislike for the right is them making religion look stupid by using it as an excuse to be stupid.

Beyond that is more than what I really want to speak of on the internet. This is much farther in a political thread then I care to be.

And unlike many other things, there are no real detriments to not belonging to side. One could stand in the middle and throw peanuts to things they know is good independent of parties. No reason not to be affiliated to one side.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2009, 02:27:32 pm »

Hawkfrost: Ahem, you haven't explained "your side" , so how are you gonna convince him? :D

My side is tyranny.

redacted123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
-
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2009, 02:28:08 pm »

-
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 06:23:51 pm by Stany »

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2009, 02:32:45 pm »

The fact that I cannot say much on the subject saddens me.

My country (Poland) is pretty much rulled with a conservative iron fist so unless I'm given a choice (which I'm not) the situation will always look the same...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2009, 02:36:14 pm »

I actually think a bit like Duke here, BOTH sides have annoyed the hell out of me and I don't wanna be associated with either.

For one I am still pissed off that it's so hard to smoke in public...
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2009, 02:40:27 pm »

I'm agreeing with Sofia and Duke. I don't particularly care for either side, as they've both proven themselves to have equal numbers of morons and jackasses in power within themselves.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2009, 02:54:33 pm »

Hey, Stany, I'm with you. I wholeheartedly believe that governmental influence in everyone's life should be reduced to a necessary minimum: it has to maintain army, police, judicial system, buid up infrastructure and manage foreign relations(embassies, diplomats etc.) And that's pretty much all we really need it for. Everything beyond that is unnecessary, in a sense that it can be very well done by private-owned entities, without all the bureaucracy and accopanying wastefulness of resources.
But I can see where you're coming from with the doubts you've mentioned - as the years pass, one becomes disilussioned about the ability of some people to recognize that you're NOT a heartless guy just because you want people to think for themselves(and bear consequences if they don't).

Rooster, buddy, believe me, it's actually getting better in here, albeit sooooo very slowly...

Fishersalwaysdie

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of Threads
    • View Profile
    • http://chupacabra
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2009, 02:56:07 pm »

I've always considered myself a supporter of the right-wing. I'm not a fan of racism or fascism. My belief in the right lies squarely in supporting individualism and the reduction of a centralised government. Recently however, I've started to have doubts. The right seems to be the side everyone hates, everyone sees them as heartless bastards who hate the poor. I'm not a horrible person, I give to charity and I believe charity is something that can function very well in a right-wing society as long as it isn't government controlled. The poor would depend on the kindness of others rather than an overbearing government. Sometimes I wonder why I don't just support the left, they're always depicted as the kind caring ones. What do you all think?
Viewed as heartless bastards by whom? Liberals?
If you are worried that people who think so are having a more accurate vision of the right, why don't you ask them what makes them think so.
Most probably it will be something non-rational as
heartless bastards who hate the poor
I'm not a horrible person
depicted as the kind caring ones
Asking for a solid argument, they might show you how brainwashed they are.
Some of them might have arguments though, not good ones mind you, but they might be satisfying.
Cannot find self-destruction button, could have sworn it's somewhere here...

redacted123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
-
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2009, 03:00:05 pm »

-
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 06:24:43 pm by Stany »

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2009, 03:00:26 pm »

Viewed as heartless bastards by whom? Liberals?
If you are worried that people who think so are having a more accurate vision of the right, why don't you ask them what makes them think so.
Most probably it will be something non-rational as
heartless bastards who hate the poor
I'm not a horrible person
depicted as the kind caring ones
Asking for a solid argument, they might show you how brainwashed they are.
Some of them might have arguments though, not good ones mind you, but they might be satisfying.
Rush Limbaugh.
You need to come up to where I live, then you'll see what the people are like. (Especially if you're non-white/non-christian/gay/liberal.)
To a liberal non-believer it is quite bad.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 03:03:44 pm by Rashilul »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2009, 03:04:01 pm »

What Il Palazzo just described sounds a heck of a lot like the ideas behind Libertarianism...   Not necessarily the current practice of Libertarianism, no, but certainly the ideals that created it.

Essentially, telling the government to bugger out of our personal lives.  And everything else it really has no business mucking with.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2009, 03:04:33 pm »

Yeah, people like that is why I think it's irresponsible to support the Republicans.  Sure, they may be "Extreme right", and you probably don't agree with their policies, but they make up a large proportion of the party.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5