Re: 404
« Reply #917 on: March 20, 2010, 09:52:30 pm »

>Make fort from sheet metal
>sit in center of fort

No good, we don't have any alcohol.
Oh shoot, that's right.

>Empty a vial into our bloodstream, take a sample of our own blood
>Find a way to ferment our blood

I'm reasonably sure you cannot ferment your own blood.

Plus we lack sterilized tools and environment.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #918 on: March 20, 2010, 10:46:49 pm »

More importantly, we lack wood for a barrel, although the metal might be suitable for a still.
Eh?
Eh!

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: March 22, 2010, 10:50:58 am »

Okay ignore all that stupid garbage.

1: Get casette player working, using the batteries appropriately (not blowing the thing out I mean), insert tape, rewind, and listen to it at low volume. Then rewind, up the volume a bit, and listen to it close to the ear so we catch every little thing. Make sure to try Side B the same way.

2: Pick up toolbox and keep it. Does the welder need the batteries? If so, equip it with one and take two spares.

3: The door with the opaque glass on the first floor, the one right outside the drop-room we entered in? Weld the hell out of that glass and toolbox it smash it with the wrench when it's weak enough.

4: Looking back, have we seen any exposed screws? Like on control panels, or doors, or anything?
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: March 22, 2010, 02:31:53 pm »

1: Get casette player working, using the batteries appropriately (not blowing the thing out I mean), insert tape, rewind, and listen to it at low volume. Then rewind, up the volume a bit, and listen to it close to the ear so we catch every little thing. Make sure to try Side B the same way.

2: Pick up toolbox and keep it. Does the welder need the batteries? If so, equip it with one and take two spares.

3: The door with the opaque glass on the first floor, the one right outside the drop-room we entered in? Weld the hell out of that glass and toolbox it smash it with the wrench when it's weak enough.

4: Looking back, have we seen any exposed screws? Like on control panels, or doors, or anything?

This, oh God this!
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: March 22, 2010, 05:43:36 pm »

This, oh God this!
Jawohl!

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: March 22, 2010, 08:53:34 pm »

You just put it in and press play.

Why the hell would a welder need batteries?

You'd weld the glass but it seems like it's reinforced or something!

Not that it would matter if you could break the window, all you'd be able to do is see in, or try to crawl in and suffer giant gaping wounds from glass punctures plus you couldn't fit.

I don't know. Have you?
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: March 22, 2010, 09:18:10 pm »

Why the hell would a welder need batteries?

You'd weld the glass but it seems like it's reinforced or something!
Oh... my... god... it's a self contained nuclear powered welder.  We must disassemble it for it's power source and build a spaceship out of the metal plates.

And is anyone else disturbed by the fact that cassette tapes are being used for data again?!  I hated CLOADing!
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: March 23, 2010, 01:11:28 am »

Weird tape. Okay, also, from now on if we weld we always put on a mask first. I forgot that part.

So who wants to go back through and look for screws and things we can weld?

Please don't weld the USB or a computer. I think those things are easily weldable and will yield no surprises :/
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: March 23, 2010, 01:33:49 am »

What kind of welder? Cause we might be able to heat up the door handle sufficiently to break the lock.

Also, can we find a bucket?

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: March 23, 2010, 06:51:18 am »

What kind of welder? Cause we might be able to heat up the door handle sufficiently to break the lock.

Toolboxes can be buckets... there's a bunch of them in that room.  It may leak a little bit, but it should be enough water to do what I think you want.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #927 on: March 23, 2010, 06:52:45 am »

That is definately a *plot* welder. It's capabilities extend at most to whatever won't break the plot, and no further.
Eh?
Eh!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: March 23, 2010, 07:14:57 am »

What i'm thinking is we can use a bucket and that water from the harbour with the welder to heat up the lock of the door and rapidly cool it. It'll take awhile, but the heat-shock should weaken the lock substantially, allowing us to break it.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: March 23, 2010, 07:45:20 pm »

What door handle? What lock?
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64