Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Transkobold text adventure!  (Read 6888 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Transkobold text adventure!
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2009, 03:47:46 pm »

You can't engrave anything more than a stick figure anyway, so the point is moot. Besides, i doubt these kobolds have a chisel.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2009, 04:10:58 pm »

Then go and get some warpaint made!

0_0 OH MY SCIENCE 0_0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2009, 06:22:53 pm »

???
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 12:09:58 am by 0_0 OH MY SCIENCE 0_0 »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2009, 06:39:54 am »

Hmm, our tribe numbered slightly above 100 kobolds earlier on... We just lost 4 kobolds... We probably should be more careful, we don't want to destroy our population levels through attrition...

Does anybody in the tribe know the population levels of our allied tribe of batmen? We might want to go on a little fact finding mission over there. If we were allied with some goblins, we would have been able to learn a very useful goblin tactic: Capturing and enslaving enemies, then turning them into shock troops for your own civilization. But it looks like our kobolds don't even know such a thing as a goblin even exists!

Anyway, to say it more succinctly, our tribal elders seem to be simple minded buffoons, and we might want to try going to the batman tribe for some advice instead...
All that is quite correct! Also, you don't know the amount of batmen more precisely, but you are prety sure it's somwhere betwen 100 and 200.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2009, 07:44:59 am »

Hire some engravers. Make it look like you launched a raid from a base in the graveyard. Hide the engravers in a spot overlooking the graveyard. Raid the elves. Wait for the elves to follow the tracks into the graveyard. Collect the engravings. Send some engraving to the humans with a message about elves desecrating human graves again. Sell the engravings to the dwarves and tell the elves that the dwarves made them. Tell the humans that the dwarves are depraved and need to be punished...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2009, 07:48:13 am »

Emigrate to Japan.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2009, 09:46:03 am »

Hire some engravers. Make it look like you launched a raid from a base in the graveyard. Hide the engravers in a spot overlooking the graveyard. Raid the elves. Wait for the elves to follow the tracks into the graveyard. Collect the engravings. Send some engraving to the humans with a message about elves desecrating human graves again. Sell the engravings to the dwarves and tell the elves that the dwarves made them. Tell the humans that the dwarves are depraved and need to be punished...
Yod do this, except the tribe dosn't have any engravers, have no concept of "hire", and you STILL don't know human, dwarven, or elven languages, and even if you did you are not sure how to send something to them them.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2009, 03:24:36 pm »

Yod do this, except the tribe dosn't have any engravers, have no concept of "hire", and you STILL don't know human, dwarven, or elven languages, and even if you did you are not sure how to send something to them them.
Engrave pictures of the demon in a wide area around the place and make arrows that point towards the graveyard.

make sure you stay far away while you do this.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2009, 03:54:17 pm »

Why are everyone talking about engravings?!?
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2009, 05:44:44 pm »

because it's something obvious to do.

And for once, you have better reasons than a dwarf.

IE, following a giant disembodied yellow X, and engraving whatever you feel like, could be the mouse pointer too.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2009, 02:49:16 am »

because it's something obvious to do.
Huh? It dosn't seem very obvious to me, if fact, I can't even understand exactly what you mean. This isn't DF, it is loosely based on it setting-wise, but not in game mechanics.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

0_0 OH MY SCIENCE 0_0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2009, 05:39:49 am »

???
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 12:10:34 am by 0_0 OH MY SCIENCE 0_0 »

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2009, 05:42:24 am »

Because it's just about the only thing a Kobold can do and not have a reasonable expectation of dying?

Your little graveyard escapade has frightened everyone into insensibility.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2009, 06:39:48 am »

Because it's just about the only thing a Kobold can do and not have a reasonable expectation of dying?

Your little graveyard escapade has frightened everyone into insensibility.
FINALY a reasonable motivation. Still while you COULD draw in the mud or something, nobody would believe a human or dwarf did it...
Wait, I just realized; did you mean draw in order to explain to the other KOBOLDS? You could just tell them with words you know...
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2009, 07:23:03 am »

Start a kobold cult.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7