Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15844687 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #4681 on: January 25, 2010, 12:16:45 am »

The saints are in the superbowl. That just made my next two weeks.

Watched that match on and off over here in Australia. In one of the last plays the quarterback dived over all the guys and headbutted another guy midair.

Pretty cool.

Also I saw Brett Favre nearly cry no less than three times, and I only watched all up 20min of the whole game.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4682 on: January 25, 2010, 03:03:31 am »

I'm happy about Dwarf Fortress finally, holycrap, actually moving out of the Underground Stuff stage and approaching something called completion.  Mainly because it gives me a good excuse to start a Community Fortress.  A very special one, that I hope people will like.

This, and also two things I heard on the radio today: afternoon ska on the NC State station, and the news that the US will probably lift its haggis ban, meaning I'll finally get to try it.  Unfortunately that reminded me how much I miss black pudding.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4683 on: January 25, 2010, 03:08:42 am »

The haggis ban is lifted?

YES!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4684 on: January 25, 2010, 03:22:51 am »

In other news, I went to a circus lately.

I really do have to tell you, I fecking HATE watching acrobats and such perform without a safety net or something similar. Perhaps it's because I empathize with other people's pain too much, and I can't even bear the idea of watching someone fall from a lethal height. I swear, when I watched some Romanian acrobats do this act where they're way up, and doing twirls and hanging from eachothers feet, I nearly got up and left because I kept imagining that they'd fall and die right there, and I didn't want to watch as they did so.

Also, for the grand finale, there was a 'cage of death'. which was a big metal sphere with motorcycle riders going around in circles inside of it, going upside down, going in patterns, and nearly missing eachother many times. I thought this was really cool, even if it was dangerous, since they started with three motorcyclists, which was cool, then they upped the ante to four cyclists, which was much more cool, but then they added a fifth one, which was just a little kid, and I was immediately disgusted. I can understand adults putting themselves in danger, but putting a kid in danger is atrociously horrible to me.

It would have been funny if he was in fact a midget though.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4685 on: January 25, 2010, 03:39:53 am »

What? Why didn't the little kid crash or anything? Is he some kind of motorcyclist savant?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4686 on: January 25, 2010, 03:43:41 am »

Well, the thing is that te troupe did a purposefully easy routine, where the original four were traveling in a circle along the walls of the cage wheel-to-wheel, but the kid was traveling in his own, smaller circle further down in the cage. Then the troupe syched up with the kid, and started doing their own individual circles and actually getting close to the kid.

Though, I'd have to say that the four-rider one was more impressive than the Five-rider one, since the four-rider routine had them going all out, and they didn't have to worry about hurting the little guy.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4687 on: January 25, 2010, 03:46:46 am »

You know you've played too much DF when...

It would have been funny if he was in fact a midget though.

yes I know midgets and dwarves aren't the same

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4688 on: January 25, 2010, 03:51:30 am »

Oh, I so should've pounced on that one.

Anyway, there was also a clown named "Toony". Just wanted to throw that out there.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4689 on: January 25, 2010, 03:54:12 am »

Not surprising in the slightest.

Now I just have to decide if I should start the thread for that game I was talking about now, or do it in the morning.  I should be sleeping, but screw that noise.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4690 on: January 25, 2010, 03:54:54 am »

Be sure to include me! I forgot to say "IN!" earlier.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4691 on: January 25, 2010, 03:57:33 am »

I'm not going to name anyone yet, just put up the thread with some pictures of the super special site.  Actually, there's nothing really special about the site (except the abundance of skeletal hippos), it's the save that's special.  You're gonna love it.

EDIT: It's up.  Let's go back to Tombcities...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 04:41:50 am by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #4692 on: January 25, 2010, 11:54:03 am »

I got my PC back and now I can waste time like a real man again.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #4693 on: January 25, 2010, 12:07:54 pm »

I finally got my first dungeon master!! :D

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4694 on: January 25, 2010, 03:19:12 pm »

I finally convinced my sister to try out DF. Just installed it on her computer. When she returns, I'll give her a decent startup (and a rather easy site, provided I can find one), and walk her through the first year of dwarf life playing alongside. Show her the ropes. In the meantime, I'm sending her links I know would help, and I figured she wouldn't be much a fan of the ASCII character set, so I took liberty to install a tileset to keep things simple on her end, but kept the classic form just in case. I'll give her about 3 forts and maybe a month before she gets the total hang of it.

Now the next issue, I hope she can find the time to do it.

I also did a bit of routine maintainence on both of my sisters' machines; whew, significant improvements after I took care of them. Bit happy about that; they should be much more secure and much faster now. I hope they appreciate what I've been doing to help. I seem to be the only one in the household that has a paranoid-level security setup (virus/malware scan install/running and such) on their machines, as well a bunch of low-resource eating protection/maintainence programs, including making their web browsing more secure (and decrapifying their machines before going on with the security upgrades). That's a bit of work and time out of my schedule, but it makes me feel good helping out.

...Oddly enough, I think I just had a deja vu, even as far as saying that I just had one. Weird. I think I'm getting recursive deja vus now. I mean, TV show, computer setup, desk layout, and the working on the computers. Weird. Every detail exact.

EDIT:
It's a good thing I'm at least combing through their systems at least once how I go through mine. Wow, they were almost as bad as Strong Bad's compy (Exaggerated, of course).
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 03:59:41 pm by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 13326