Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15837723 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #4530 on: January 20, 2010, 07:11:33 am »

Jack, damn your eyes for tricking me into searching up old threads.  Nostalgia, my greatest weakness!

Was reading one of Kagus' old complainin' threads, and damn I sounded like a tool.  Had I any shame I'd think I should apologize.  But even a year ago, WorkerDrone was nominating me for moderator, so I guess I was doing something right.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4531 on: January 20, 2010, 07:13:00 am »

I'm gonna go check him out.

Also. That Tacozzar.

Seriously, every time I look at it, it just makes me laugh. Or, smile a lot.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4532 on: January 20, 2010, 07:14:43 am »

Jack, damn your eyes for tricking me into searching up old threads.  Nostalgia, my greatest weakness!

Was reading one of Kagus' old complainin' threads, and damn I sounded like a tool.  Had I any shame I'd think I should apologize.

He has this effect on people.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4533 on: January 20, 2010, 07:18:19 am »

Quote from: my pie hole on September 28, 2008
Of course we don't need certain threads to have fun, we've just wound up turning some of them into running jokes.  The only difference between the wacky ones and other threads is that the joking has nothing to do with the original topic.  Frankly, if that bothers you, why do you look at them?  And if you don't look at them, why does it bother you?

Beyond that, how is joking around unintelligent?  Many of the jokes in the Build a Pyramid and - threads rely on a well developed sense of humor and vast library of references.  Even the HOLY ARMOK thread, and Tibble's other ones, are funny for just that reason, the great self-consciousness about the whole thing.  They're ironic, not moronic.

I actually said this pretentious horseshit.  I sound like Dave Strider trying to be erudite.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4534 on: January 20, 2010, 07:20:54 am »

It's good to sometimes look back and say "wow, I was an ass".

But only sometimes. I'm sure I'm not alone in wishing that certain threads could be unlocked so I could edit my posts. It's mostly why I'm so glad VN is gone.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4535 on: January 20, 2010, 07:31:50 am »

Delicious. I took the process that Aqizzar went through over a number of years, and condensed it down to a month. I feel some pride out of that.

Also was reading through the 'no vn from now on' thread... heh.

Well, at least I know that Armok was obsessed with Sniper Joe, too. In a non-suggestive way.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4536 on: January 20, 2010, 07:43:55 am »

Yeah, he kinda still is.

It's good to sometimes look back and say "wow, I was an ass".

But only sometimes. I'm sure I'm not alone in wishing that certain threads could be unlocked so I could edit my posts. It's mostly why I'm so glad VN is gone.

I can still see it, unfortunately. :D
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4537 on: January 20, 2010, 07:45:25 am »

Sort of gone. Not too many people will be looking back to it.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4538 on: January 20, 2010, 08:42:42 am »

Why does this always happen when I finally have the balls to go to sleep at eight so I can get a decent nights sleep instead of staying up do participate in this stuff?

But this is the happy thread!

Saw The Longest Day again yesterday. In 1962 somebody made a WWII movie that is better than anything that followed to work on that subject matter. Inglorious Bastards can go back the way it came, this is the top of the top.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4539 on: January 20, 2010, 08:52:57 am »

Quote from: my pie hole on September 28, 2008
Of course we don't need certain threads to have fun, we've just wound up turning some of them into running jokes.  The only difference between the wacky ones and other threads is that the joking has nothing to do with the original topic.  Frankly, if that bothers you, why do you look at them?  And if you don't look at them, why does it bother you?

Beyond that, how is joking around unintelligent?  Many of the jokes in the Build a Pyramid and - threads rely on a well developed sense of humor and vast library of references.  Even the HOLY ARMOK thread, and Tibble's other ones, are funny for just that reason, the great self-consciousness about the whole thing.  They're ironic, not moronic.

I actually said this pretentious horseshit.  I sound like Dave Strider trying to be erudite.

Strangely enough, having looked back on that thread Kagus looked like kind of a dick.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4540 on: January 20, 2010, 08:59:35 am »

I still reckon Band Of Brothers is one of the best movies (mini-series, fuckoff) ever made on WWII.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4541 on: January 20, 2010, 09:03:09 am »

Hell yes it is.

On that note, I've just bought Company of Heroes and it borrows heavily from both that and Saving Private Ryan. It's a joy to play, not to mention look at.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4542 on: January 20, 2010, 09:10:16 am »

I still reckon Band Of Brothers is one of the best movies (mini-series, fuckoff) ever made on WWII.
I don't want these titans to fight, so The Longest Day is the best movie and Band of Brothers is the best show. No reason to let these amazing clips of media combat for the top place as they both deserve the place.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4543 on: January 20, 2010, 10:06:47 am »

Company of Heroes is kind of frustrating.  Trying to micromanage tanks is really hard when you've got three or four and they're all being flanked by various superior German tanks.

I'd be willing to play a multiplayer game with some other bay12ers, but we'd have to do it on Hamachi because my internet.
Shoes...

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4544 on: January 20, 2010, 10:08:22 am »

Show me Hamachi and how to work it and I'll take you down.
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 13326