Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15845197 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. (Announcement on PG 264)
« Reply #4170 on: January 16, 2010, 05:42:03 pm »

Quote from: Joshua
It looked alright, but apparently Yahtzee threw a fit over it.
Doesn't he throw a fit over everything?

And I quite like the new game.  Probably mainly because I don't have all the ones that came before it, but...

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #4171 on: January 16, 2010, 06:00:41 pm »

There is a Gmod mod that is a weighted companion cube that teleports behind you, ever closer, when you can't see it.

Are they better than the HL2 enemies? (I never played HL or any sequel/expansion)
Eh?
Eh!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4172 on: January 16, 2010, 06:29:26 pm »

There is a Gmod mod that is a weighted companion cube that teleports behind you, ever closer, when you can't see it.
Sounds kinda cool.  Don't blink, I guess?

And I quite like the HL2 zombies, although the antlions are a bit weird.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4173 on: January 16, 2010, 07:48:04 pm »

Hey hey hey, they're making a new Sonic game.

BUT this time it's only going to have SONIC!!
I wouldn't be surprised if the fans still complained over something.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4174 on: January 16, 2010, 08:00:49 pm »

Classic Sonic style gameplay is making a comeback? Sweet!

They better revive the multiplayer mode like what you find in Sonic 2 and 3 (preferably 2). That was what made that game awesome. But hopefully, they'll allow more than 2 players for that madness. And instead of only 4 levels to compete in (2 acts each with a special stage tie-breaker), they should make it use all the levels in the game, and you choose which ones to compete in.

Toss in the classic special stages as tie breakers as well; that would seal the deal, and break tons of screens and controllers.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 08:02:46 pm by Itnetlolor »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4175 on: January 16, 2010, 08:06:59 pm »

Wouldn't be real fans if we didn't.  It's not like they're not full of things to complain about.

Coincidentally, I've been playing Sonic Chronicles again recently.  It was made by the same people that worked on Planescape: Torment, and it's stupendous, even if I suck at timed events.  Maybe SEGA will learn it's lesson and hire Hideo Kojima to direct needlemouse or something.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4176 on: January 16, 2010, 08:07:19 pm »

Sonic is actually a crappy character when compared to the other members of the cast.

Think about it, almost all other playable characters have something he dosent, and in all the 2D games, Everyone ran at the same speed.

The only one i can think of who is worse, off the top of my head, is Amy Rose. She is basically Pink sonic.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4177 on: January 16, 2010, 08:09:53 pm »

I get excited every time I hear about a new sonic game... Then get horribly disappointed when it comes out. I mean who thought putting a sonic game on rails could possibly be a good idea?!

The only recent sonic game I've liked is the dark brotherhood, and it is the only game I have ever seen that just cuts out in mid-story saying "to be continued". That's fine for T.V. shows, but I did not pay 40$(or so) for half a story.

Sonic is actually a crappy character when compared to the other members of the cast.

Think about it, almost all other playable characters have something he dosent, and in all the 2D games, Everyone ran at the same speed.

The only one i can think of who is worse, off the top of my head, is Amy Rose. She is basically Pink sonic.
Yeah, it would be nice if sonic were actually faster than the others. It's what he's supposed to be good at, but he's no faster than anyone else.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4178 on: January 16, 2010, 08:10:07 pm »

But Sonic is blue! Blue!

I'll admit the only exposure to him was one episode of that one show set in the future or something, and it involved what was either very poor animation or Knuckles with the ability to fly by running fast, so I always liked Knuckles more.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4179 on: January 16, 2010, 08:12:09 pm »

I like tails, though nobody else does.

That cat fellow was prety cool too. The one that was in about two games. (Three if you count the cameo)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4180 on: January 16, 2010, 08:13:39 pm »

I hate them all, especially Shadow.
Shoes...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4181 on: January 16, 2010, 08:13:49 pm »

I liked all the 2D Sonic games.

For 3D?  Eh, the best is Sonic Adventure 2 in my opinion.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4182 on: January 16, 2010, 08:14:22 pm »

I like tails, though nobody else does.

That cat fellow was prety cool too. The one that was in about two games. (Three if you count the cameo)
I HAVE A TAILS PLUSHY I WON AT AN AMUSEMENT PARK BY BEING THE BEST AT WACK-A-MOLE against like 5 people. Although some of them were old people. So it was barely a contest.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4183 on: January 16, 2010, 08:19:04 pm »

Sonic has already lived out his lifespan, IMHO, and is currently being kept alive through sheer force of the determination of those trying to squeeze more money out of him.

Really, who thought that a gimmick character from the Sega Genesis would have so many games for him?

No offense to any fans.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4184 on: January 16, 2010, 08:21:13 pm »

If I recall correctly from the classic Sonic games:

Sonic jumps the highest, and has the fastest acceleration, as well as can use the shields' special abilities (Lighting double-jump, fire-dash, water bounce, and a personal mini-shield if you double-jump at the right moment, making killing some enemies more possible.)
Tails can fly, but can't use shields; he can also carry anyone else (usually Sonic), and can swim
Knuckles can glide, but not fly, can climb walls, can break breakable walls without needing to spin-dash first, but can't use shields, nor swim. He also has crappy acceleration, and can't jump high. He also has access to the harder parts of the levels in Sonic 3 & Knuckles (he get's the more Fun parts of the game)

Of course, as the series progressed, everyone balanced out and got lame. I mean, Sonic heroes was a let down when I saw everyone balanced, and teamwork'd out.

Note regarding shields:
Everyone can technically still use the shields (fire-immune, drown-proof, ring-attractor, as well as bulletproofing for lightning and water), only sonic has the jump advantage and insta-boost fire provides, as well as a personal mini-temp-shield.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 08:35:06 pm by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 13326