Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15841047 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. (Announcement on PG 264)
« Reply #3975 on: January 13, 2010, 07:47:57 pm »

Well, sometime in the next few months Toady will release the next version of DF and everyone will go immerse themselves in DF for a while. That should calm things down a bit. And the inevitable bugs should provide some humor.

That being said, I'm glad this seems to have worked out ok.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #3976 on: January 13, 2010, 07:49:05 pm »

Really, I just think it's good that I got that out of the way. I mean I told a few people, but it's good to have it out there so people know how I feel.

I don't know, I'm pretty sure this year is gonna be good. Bumpy starts aside I think it's gonna be good.

And don't Worky... Just try and relax a bit okay? I drink to relax but that's only because it makes me silly, not angry anymore.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3977 on: January 13, 2010, 07:49:57 pm »

Well, sometime in the next few months Toady will release the next version of DF and everyone will go immerse themselves in DF for a while. That should calm things down a bit. And the inevitable bugs should provide some humor.

That being said, I'm glad this seems to have worked out ok.

I wonder what the next game breaking bug will be this time.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3978 on: January 13, 2010, 07:51:58 pm »

The entire underground collapsing on you when you embark.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3979 on: January 13, 2010, 07:52:33 pm »

Bug Version 0.29.181.41a

Mixing sewer brew with swamp whiskey causes the drinkers bones below the waste to liquefy.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3980 on: January 13, 2010, 07:53:01 pm »

Yeah, I'll admit we're a pretty close bunch and I can sympathize with Aqizzar on the 'outside the party looking in' sentiment.

Though, while I definitely don't have all the facts and I don't know exactly know what the hell just happened, I feel this is a good thing and I think everything's going to continue to be really good, if not better.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3981 on: January 13, 2010, 07:54:07 pm »

I think the gamebreaking bug is that you can brew dwarven wine with dwarves if one is in a fell mood.

It would probably go well with fava beans.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3982 on: January 13, 2010, 07:54:15 pm »

And don't Worky... Just try and relax a bit okay?

Aye Cap'n and all that.

I think I'm just gonna sit on the roof for the rest of the night.

Really guys. God bless and all of that piss, just find a hole in things and fill it with happy thoughts, because if you don't you'll be spinning wrecks like the rest of us.

Also I'm not drinking because I was told to I'm not drinking because Juniper poured all the booze down the drain before leaving and told every last liquor store in town not to sell to me! No joke!

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #3983 on: January 13, 2010, 07:55:53 pm »

As I would of.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3984 on: January 13, 2010, 07:56:44 pm »

I think the gamebreaking bug is that you can brew dwarven wine with dwarves if one is in a fell mood.

It would probably go well with fava beans.

I think you're mistaken. That's probably going to be intentional. Or at least an "undocumented feature".
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3985 on: January 13, 2010, 07:58:35 pm »

Also I'm not drinking because I was told to I'm not drinking because Juniper poured all the booze down the drain before leaving and told every last liquor store in town not to sell to me! No joke!
Gotta admire the dedication...

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #3986 on: January 13, 2010, 08:02:03 pm »

I think I'm just gonna sit on the roof for the rest of the night.

Actually... Sounds like a good idea... Rain and all. Ill see you guys. Off for the day. Ill probably be online tomorrow though, no way I can go to work like this.

I also hope Juniper keeps doing a good job looking after you. Or else Ill have to steal Milly's car, go over there and take over for her. :3

And trust me I'm a lot more forceful.

Edit: Oh fuck me, the ladder is broken. I guess I'm staying online. I Might as well get on steam or something, not going anywhere today.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 08:03:37 pm by Janet »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #3987 on: January 13, 2010, 08:03:42 pm »

Janet, you are NOT a bed person.
Now, lieing might make you a STUPID person, but considering the strength of emotions involved it's really quite excusable.
Leaving the forums, as I said on wave, is not a good solution. You might consider something like having someone else check all your messages and PMs thou. Probably Milly.
You can't influence your feelings, and thus you can't be responsible for them, and thus you have absolutely no reason to feel guilty about it. Considering what you have said before, the same argument might apply to some of your actions as well.

That you will never meet anyone here is plain false, as evidenced by the fact that you are currently talking with us. Sure, text is limiting, but that is not the same thing at all.

I REALLY recommend that you video call WD, actually just getting the necessary hardware and software and software and then letting him call you have a few psychological advantages, And spill your hearts content out about all of this. I'm not saying this is a good idea, I suck at this kind of thing, but my intuition tells me this.

Never ever lie, and the only reason for not sharing everything you know and think is it being trivial, irrelevant, or lacking the time. In short, be honest, always. this holds dabble true for people you care about.

Oh, and another thing that might help you not feel so guilty; it dosn't sound like you ever actually disliked his girlfriend at all, just the idea of him having a girlfriend in general. the consepts can be surprisingly hard to distinguish if you''re not trained in distinguishing close concepts.

Or maybe I'm just babbling nonsense...

*Hugs Janet*  :'(

Warning - while you were typing 15 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

*sees workerdrone return declatations of love in and F-bombed fashion*
Wow, this is like, romantic actually... Well I guess if you can sleep with your sister you can have two love interests at once? The mormons seem to manage it aright.

We are all your friends janet. I to respet you, am proud to call you my friend etc. And I would be devastated if I couldnt talk to you. I do that much, much to rarely. (stupid timezones)

You do stupid things all the time, it's just one of the things hat makes you lovable. YOu have my forgiveness in advance for any stupid thing you might do.
Except suicide. If you suicide I'll F**king kill you.

Quote from: the baron
I have to say that I get a little jealous sometimes hearing about the hilarious or moving conversations the rest of you have with each other.  Like I'm on the outside of this great party looking in, like I'm missing something.  Maybe I should get on Steam chat or something.  But I am glad to know you guys, that means you too Janet.
Wait, are you me or something? I feel exactly that to.

Janet, you're awesome and wonderfull, never, ever forget that.

I love all you guys. Sometimes I feel like I don't know you, due to the whole internet thing, but those are just moments of stupidity and depression. I am proud to be your friend.
I f***king love you guys.

Now, I suggest we all group hug each other in a cuddly fashion! You can't hug withoute me, I'm the forum resident hugmaster!

*Hugs everyone in a loving fashion* (type "*hugs back*"  now.)
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #3988 on: January 13, 2010, 08:05:39 pm »

Eh, Milly forbids me from camming anyway. She thinks Ill just get way too involved like that. Plus I'm worried about Chrissie ending up using it.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #3989 on: January 13, 2010, 08:10:00 pm »

Egads, I didn't mean the naughty kind of caming! Just for facial expression to get through, and voice.

Also, the start of my post I just realized is horribly outdated by the time I posted it.
Also, forums mess up time, seriusly, most time travel in fiction work closer to how gamar asumes time shuld work than a simple forum does when you think about it.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 13326